Not Interested 2 25.00%
I'm Interested But Not Commited 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 20th, 2018, 12:07 AM   #1
Noob Productions

Noob Productions's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Student Pilot Poll

I'm currently a student pilot and I just did my first solo. I'm curious if there are any other teens that are interested in flying in this forum.

Oof?
Noob Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2018, 07:58 AM   #2
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.
Default Re: Student Pilot Poll

Not me, but my older bro got his license. Needed two tries to get it. And his first flight with two or three mates was a trip from Sweden to Spain last summer. He told me, that it was awesome. He's a fan of everything related to flying anyway. He studies aerospace engineering.

As for me ... I'm kinda interested but becoming a student pilot isn't on my schedule for the next few years. And for now I have enough of flying around, I guess. The whole summer was felt about spending all the time in airplanes just to get from A to B to C etc. Made me a bit tired, tbh.

But I suppose Vancouver and BC in general is good place to be a student pilot. Hope you enjoyed your solo flight.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2018, 11:49 AM   #3
Dmaxd123
Nice Poster

just not financially viable for me yet, but hopefully someday
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2018, 02:51 PM   #4
Noob Productions

Noob Productions's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
Not me, but my older bro got his license. Needed two tries to get it. And his first flight with two or three mates was a trip from Sweden to Spain last summer. He told me, that it was awesome. He's a fan of everything related to flying anyway. He studies aerospace engineering.

As for me ... I'm kinda interested but becoming a student pilot isn't on my schedule for the next few years. And for now I have enough of flying around, I guess. The whole summer was felt about spending all the time in airplanes just to get from A to B to C etc. Made me a bit tired, tbh.

But I suppose Vancouver and BC in general is good place to be a student pilot. Hope you enjoyed your solo flight.
Thanks for the reply! I'm now working on collage applications and I'm also interested in mechanical engineering (Aerospace engineering maybe, but I want to go into mechatronics). The greater Vancouver area is a great and affordable-ish place to learn to fly, but as of now the smoke from wild fires are making visibility dangerously low for me to fly comfortably.

As for my experience in flying... I currently have 37 hours in my log book and I soloed at 23.5 hours. I started flying two years ago but I have to take a break in the middle hence the delayed solo time. It is an enjoyable experience overall and if you have the chance, just find a flight school near your area and book a fam flight to try it out.

Yeah, I would agree on the boringness of flying in an airliner and here's an unrelated story about travelling in an airliner... Once I brought a receive only air band radio onboard a flight to listen to ATC stuff and the flight attendant looked at me weirdly and asked me to turn it off and put it away in overhead storage... It's completely legal and not against the airline's policy, but they are too paranoid about anything with an antenna. I was planing to show them my radio certificate and in hindsight I think it wouldn't convince them anyways. Next time I will bring a crystal radio instead since it doesn't have a battery and there's no rule against taking one onboard an airplane since it doesn't have a battery .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
just not financially viable for me yet, but hopefully someday
I wish you luck!

double posts merged, please edit next time ~Endeavour

Oof?

Last edited by Atlantis; August 20th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.
Noob Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #5
Dmaxd123
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Productions View Post

Yeah, I would agree on the boringness of flying in an airliner and here's an unrelated story about travelling in an airliner... Once I brought a receive only air band radio onboard a flight to listen to ATC stuff and the flight attendant looked at me weirdly and asked me to turn it off and put it away in overhead storage... It's completely legal and not against the airline's policy, but they are too paranoid about anything with an antenna. I was planing to show them my radio certificate and in hindsight I think it wouldn't convince them anyways. Next time I will bring a crystal radio instead since it doesn't have a battery and there's no rule against taking one onboard an airplane since it doesn't have a battery .

double posts merged, please edit next time ~Endeavour

haha, the flight attendants probably wouldn't even have a clue about certificates, legality, ect... not to demean their jobs, just probably not quite as educated as the people in the cockpit
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2018, 03:55 AM   #6
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

more than 500 wildfires the last few weeks in BC said the news. and till 2022 it's getting weirder from year to year. just read it.

in a strange way that'll maybe good prospectives for firefighting pilots.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

Last edited by lliam; August 21st, 2018 at 04:00 AM.
lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 11:29 PM   #7
Falcons_11
VT Lover

I hope to start get flighting instruction maybe by next summer. My dad is a commercial airline pilot and he supports me in my wish to become a pilot.
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 03:46 AM   #8
Plane And Simple
Good Life

Plane And Simple's Forum Picture

Likely starting training when I finish my enguneering degree. Cool to see likeminded people around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooy View Post
Im still virgin
I'm not,math and physics f*** me every day.
Plane And Simple is offline   Reply With Quote