Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 24th, 2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Lottie

Lottie's Forum Picture

Name: Lottie
Default Don't give up!

I'm back here after a few years away.

When I was here before my life was falling apart around me and I almost ended up killing myself. I'm pretty sure I've made more mistakes than most people. I've done drugs, been shifted from home to home, lost my family and spent some time inside.

I just wanted to stay that despite all the s**t I've been through I think everything is gonna work out. I passed my exams while I was in YOI, my boyfriend waited for me and we are now engaged and i recently got my first job.

I'm only writing this to say that no matter how bad everything gets it WILL get better. I still have days when I feel bad, but I think that is normal. If you feel bad then I promise it will be okay. If I can turn things around then anyone can!
Lottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 12:04 AM   #2
Alumni

Default Re: Don't give up!

Hey,

I'm glad you brought this up. This gave me tears of joy.

It's good to hear you're doing well and have changed your lifestyle in a positive manner. It's amazing.

My mom was unemployed at times when we were kids. When she'd get hired after everything that we'd been through, it was noble in a sense.

She got into a car accident while she was going to work when I was a child. A teenage driver skipped a stop light at an intersection and hit her. The car flew and hit the traffic pole (it was a total loss), but my mom made it out with neck and back injuries that were temporary. It was horrifying, and the process to recover everything and even getting a new car was crazy.

This post hits home.
It does get better. And I think these experiences simply make us stronger.
Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 09:12 PM   #3
Ellia
Member+

Ellia's Forum Picture

Name: Ella

Welcome back, this is very encouraging, thankyou. I hope things continue to work out for you, you deserve it!
Ellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 04:02 AM   #4
AussieNicholas

AussieNicholas's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas

I'm glad you're doing well after everything you've been through. I'm currently trying to survive my last year of school and the stress it's been heaping on us (two essays and three tests next week and then mid-year exams the week after), and although it's draining I'm excited to get past it and move on with my life once it's done. What I'm dealing with doesn't compare to what you've gone through but I do understand your message. Thank you!

AussieNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2018, 12:08 PM   #5
trackinglife
Banned

Name: David

Glad you didn't end it all. Suicide is a very permanent solution to what is often just temporary problems. And I use the word solution loosely there.....
trackinglife is offline   Reply With Quote