Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2017, 09:42 PM   #1
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default How can you identify your orientation?

I've been having lots of pressure with this. I simply say I'm Bi, but, inclined to women. I personally think I didn't have enough experience to decide.

But, I want to stop supposing and actually be sure about this.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 10:01 PM   #2
Bull
Banned
 
Name: Bill also known as Will
Join Date: May 2, 2014
Location: Homophobic Oklahoma, USA
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

My friend, I experienced sexual feelings for male and female for two years until I came to the conclusion that gender was not important to a sexual relationship. During that time I was mostly with girls. Then I was in a two year relationship with a most wonderful guy. We are apart only because we now live many miles apart. My preferred label: sexual. Do not rush to a label. Let it evolve.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 10:02 PM   #3
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Thanks for the advice, mate.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #4
Diverperry
Nice Poster
 
Diverperry's Forum Picture
 
Name: Perry
Join Date: January 27, 2012
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Wait for you hormones to calm down before you fully decide your sexual orientation. In the middle of puberty anything can turn you on and you might do just about anything to get your rocks off, so don’t be too worried at this stage in your life

My name's Perry, and I like to party
Diverperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 08:23 AM   #5
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverperry View Post
Wait for you hormones to calm down before you fully decide your sexual orientation. In the middle of puberty anything can turn you on and you might do just about anything to get your rocks off, so don’t be too worried at this stage in your life
Now, I have a good response, thanks a lot.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 08:33 AM   #6
Endeavour
Global Moderator
 
Endeavour's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2015
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Puberty for Boys Teen Sexuality and Gender

Don't worry about putting a label on yourself. There's absolutely no need to put yourself in one category or another.



Global Moderator
am i who i'm meant to be?

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 08:34 AM   #7
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Thanks a lot for the change, I didn't realised I posted it in the wrong subforum after I posted it here.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 01:50 PM   #8
jamie_n5
VT Lover
 
jamie_n5's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jamie
Join Date: June 27, 2016
Location: Minnesota
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

You are only 13 and at that age it's normal to want to experiment with other boys and compare and jerk off and things like that with other boys. So don't be concerned you will know eventually.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
Likes: (1)
jamie_n5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 02:28 PM   #9
ska8er
VT Lover
 
ska8er's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: August 23, 2013
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

I consider myself Straight. Girls sexually
turn me on- Guys physically if that makes
any sense-Idk sometimes I wonder y But
I'm not letting it mess with my mind. I
suppose I will turn out after all this time
Bi but I don't consider it to b wrong.
Anyone having probs with their conscious
should think of it as such. U wait it out til
ur ready to decide how u r.
Likes: (1)
ska8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #10
andrea03
Member
 
andrea03's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrea
Join Date: December 23, 2017
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 15
Gender: Transgender MtF*
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

i'd rather be confused than asexual, which i seem to be becoming.

looking for friends

14
transgender
virginia
andrea03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #11
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Cedrick
Join Date: December 14, 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

When I was in the early teen years, I thought that I might be bi. Now at 18, I am entirely straight. There is no reason to label yourself. For now, just deal with every sexual opportunity on a case-by-case basis. If you want to, say yes, and no if you don't want to.


Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #12
Ambienttech98
Member+
 
Ambienttech98's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 1, 2017
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

You're only 13 so you shouldn't worry about your sexual orientation and just focus on being a kid and finding out who you like. This is something that defines you so I wouldn't rush into something and break someone's heart when you tell them you're attracted to the opposite sex.

18 year old straight Male looking to chat with anyone about anything
Ambienttech98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 05:57 PM   #13
max02
Member+
 
max02's Forum Picture
 
Name: maximilian
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

just watch porn. how you respond tells you what you like.
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #14
Alex669
New Member
 
Name: Alexander
Join Date: January 5, 2018
Location: México
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

@TheMagicPotato
Hey! I´ve been posting this on different threads because there are many people that have the same doubts. Hope you find it useful:

(Before answering. English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes)

Hey man! Look, someday I was talking with a straight friend and he explained me the meaning of the pride flag (or rainbow flag or the name you want). He told me that they choose a rainbow because the rainbow contains ALL the colors the human eye can see.

You see, the spectrum of sexuality is as big as the spectrum of colors and, as in the rainbow, there is not just one kind of color. For example, there is not one tone of "red" or "green" or whatever you like, there are many greens and many reds, it´s the same with sexual preference.

The way I see it it would be very hard to find one person COMPLETELY straight (or gay), I belive most of us are a different "tone", the situation is that almost our entire life society tells us that there are only two options: being straight or gay, and there is only one that is "correct". The way I see it a man can prefer girls and don´t feel anything about other men, but if he meets a VERY feminine guy he may like him. That doesn´t mean he´s gay or bi or whatever (the way I see it). He can even like something on certain age and then change his mind, and is perfectly fine. Or what could happen is that that person gets turned on watching any kind of gay porn and jerking off to it, or even capable of having any sexual dessire to people of the same sex and only feeling love with people of the opposite sex (what I mean is that some people may be cappable of having sex with a same sex person but only being able to feel LOVE with an opposite sex person).

In summary what I think is that you shouldn´t worry about this. When you get older you may define yourself in one "tone" or maybe not, and it´s ok. Just enjoy life man.

Btw, i checked on internet what my friend said about the meaning of the flag an didn´t found anything of what he said (lol), but I think that what he said would be a better explanation.

Edited out the Spanish. As this is an English speaking forum writing posts in other languages is not allowed.Sorry~Dalcourt

Last edited by Dalcourt; January 6th, 2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Correct grammar and tag the user.
Alex669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:49 AM   #15
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex669 View Post
@TheMagicPotato
Hey! I´ve been posting this on different threads because there are many people that have the same doubts. Hope you find it useful:

(Before answering. English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes)

Hey man! Look, someday I was talking with a straight friend and he explained me the meaning of the pride flag (or rainbow flag or the name you want). He told me that they choose a rainbow because the rainbow contains ALL the colors the human eye can see.

You see, the spectrum of sexuality is as big as the spectrum of colors and, as in the rainbow, there is not just one kind of color. For example, there is not one tone of "red" or "green" or whatever you like, there are many greens and many reds, it´s the same with sexual preference.

The way I see it it would be very hard to find one person COMPLETELY straight (or gay), I belive most of us are a different "tone", the situation is that almost our entire life society tells us that there are only two options: being straight or gay, and there is only one that is "correct". The way I see it a man can prefer girls and don´t feel anything about other men, but if he meets a VERY feminine guy he may like him. That doesn´t mean he´s gay or bi or whatever (the way I see it). He can even like something on certain age and then change his mind, and is perfectly fine. Or what could happen is that that person gets turned on watching any kind of gay porn and jerking off to it, or even capable of having any sexual dessire to people of the same sex and only feeling love with people of the opposite sex (what I mean is that some people may be cappable of having sex with a same sex person but only being able to feel LOVE with an opposite sex person).

In summary what I think is that you shouldn´t worry about this. When you get older you may define yourself in one "tone" or maybe not, and it´s ok. Just enjoy life man.

Btw, i checked on internet what my friend said about the meaning of the flag an didn´t found anything of what he said (lol), but I think that what he said would be a better explanation.
Thanks a lot for writing in Spanish and English for me, appreciate it.

Last edited by Dalcourt; January 6th, 2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: no foreign language allowed
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:00 AM   #16
Just JT
I give a actual fuck
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Don’t pressure yourself to choose an orientation. It’s not something people choose, rather discover based on what they like or dislike. Only way to know that is to try it out. So enjoy that and have fun. One day it’ll be clear what you like the most or more or whatever. Everyone’s sexuality is different. So is yours


Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 12:21 PM   #17
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Don’t pressure yourself to choose an orientation. It’s not something people choose, rather discover based on what they like or dislike. Only way to know that is to try it out. So enjoy that and have fun. One day it’ll be clear what you like the most or more or whatever. Everyone’s sexuality is different. So is yours
Thanks for the advice.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:55 PM   #18
Ragle
Member++
 
Ragle's Forum Picture
 
Name: Elgar
Join Date: February 8, 2016
Location: Inmyinnerspace
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicPotato View Post
actually be sure about this.

Forget that. I've already read of adults who first discovered at 40, 50, or even 60 that they are homosexual, asexual, or conversely, straight - or at least simply bi.

I agree with the users who say: forget all the label stuff. Just chill.
Ragle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:32 PM   #19
crushinator
Member
 
crushinator's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 1, 2018
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

Give it time u'll figure it out.

14, straight, looking for some new friends. I like to see who I'm talking to if you send me a friend request have a profile picture.
crushinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 10:00 AM   #20
skittlesh
Member
 
Join Date: July 27, 2017
Location: England
Gender: Male
Default Re: How can you identify your orientation?

I think if your friends ask you till your a little older say straight cause you can always come out later but it’s much harder to go back. Sure tell your close friends that your not sure I tell my three closest but my expanded school group I just say I’m straight cause idk and I don’t want to say lm bi then not be
skittlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org