Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 22nd, 2017, 05:52 PM   #1
ava.anonymous
Junior Member+

ava.anonymous's Forum Picture

Name: Ava
Default How medicine makes me feel

When I was in hospital for my spinal surgery there were so many medicines and painkillers I was on and I just felt so drowsy and low and just pretty lousy in general, I needed them to help recover my digestive system and manage pain after my 2 eight hour operations but there were so many times when I wish I wasn't on any of them especially the morphine (I just felt so itchy). I'm so glad to be off all the medicines now.
Have any of you felt this way about prescribed medications?

https://goo.gl/images/ufpGKa
If heavenís grief brings hellís rain
Then Iíd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday
ava.anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: How medicine makes me feel

Yeah I have. I had some injuries the past couple years that ended up with a long string of opiate prescriptions for pain. We wonder how people get hooked on that trash. Came home from surgery almost a year ago with 80 percs. A 5 day supply, as prescribed by the surgeon. It actually started long before that and kept going till about may or this year or so. Looking back I remember being so high for so long thereís like gaps of time I donít even remember.
I remember feeling sick if I didnít take it. So I kept taking more so Iíd feel better. Not cause of the pain cause this was months after the pain was gone. Thatís how addiction starts
I know I needed pain killers for a short time. But was so easy to ask for more and the docs just give them to you like no big deal

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:27 PM   #3
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

I had my hand smashed in a car accident and needed a lot of surgery on it not long ago.
They gave me a lot of those painkillers and they made me feel really bad. I just stopped taking them and threw them away because I did not like what they did to me I'd rather be in pain than an addict.
I always have the feeling that most doctors are handling the prescription of those meds in a very irresponsible way. They should know how addictive they are. But they don't really explain the risks to the patients and that's how a lot of addictions start.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2017, 04:45 PM   #4
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
I had my hand smashed in a car accident and needed a lot of surgery on it not long ago.
They gave me a lot of those painkillers and they made me feel really bad. I just stopped taking them and threw them away because I did not like what they did to me I'd rather be in pain than an addict.
I always have the feeling that most doctors are handling the prescription of those meds in a very irresponsible way. They should know how addictive they are. But they don't really explain the risks to the patients and that's how a lot of addictions start.
I agree. I liked the way they made me feel, I loved the high. Thatís the problem. But yeah the docs just say yeah you need them right now is all, and to worry about the rest later. And that is really irresponsible imo. I mean just watch the news. Itís literally an epidemic. Here anyways. Idk about other states. But itís all over the place where I live

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2017, 07:17 PM   #5
Barbara.
Awesome Poster

Barbara.'s Forum Picture

Name: Barb

I broken my wrist some time ago and didn't heal right ,ended up with surgery to have a bone removed is what they called row carpectomy surgery. I went through total pain for three months and physical therapy. I was on some strong s--t for the first month and after that I just couldn't handle the sick ,nauseous, groggy feeling. After the first month I just threw them away a dealt with the pain, just wasn't worth it.

Last edited by Barbara.; December 23rd, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
Barbara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM   #6
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Name: Julia

Different people can have very different reactions to meds.

14 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me or email me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:30 PM   #7
tsman

Name: Tristan

I'd rather not take meds, especially painkillers. They usually just make me feel worse than if I didn't take them
tsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #8
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

I was perscribed Dovicine for two weeks because of an UTI I had. It's a pretty powerful antibiotic, probably one of the most powerful here you can get in a pharmacy. It purged my organism of all bacteria, both negative and bad. I remember I had trouble digesting some foods and that I used to wake up with pain in my kidneys. After my therapy with it stopped, I went back to normal.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 09:44 PM   #9
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Name: Julia

My cousin has one medicine I cannot remember which that completely changes him

14 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me or email me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote