Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:12 AM   #1
DragonflySphere
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 20, 2017
Gender: Male
Post I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Hello. Throughout my life I have felt a lot of pain, mentally and physically. I just always seem to mess up on most things I come across and I can't understand why. My suffering started at about 8. I began to be made fun of a lot because of the way I looked, acted and socialised. I also started getting bullied by a boy a few years older than me. I still don't understand why he didn't like me but he'd constantly make fun of me and push me around. None of the teachers cared either, they just told him to go away and that was it. Another problem when I was 8 was the fact I couldn't say no, I'd always be asked to do things even if I hated doing them. At 10, my parents told me "if you say no, you'll win the argument." Of course I tried that the next day feeling confident and that's when people started to hurt me even more. They'd trip me over, push me into walls and sometimes hit me with cricket bats. Again the teachers did nothing about it and since I was at a small school, there was nobody else I could hang out with. Then late that year, my parents broke up. They both seemed happy with the decision but it got out of hand overtime. At 11, I started to really hate school. I People would push me around just so they could get the answers to a task. I tried faking to be sick but my mum never let me stay home. I started avoiding people. I sat in the corner of the classroom just to be safe. At the age of 12, my mum started to talk about dad behind his back. She would talk to people and go on about what he had said and done and it really annoyed me. I also started to make a lot of mistakes which made me an even easier target. I could do anything from spill a drink to mess up a answer for a task that my classmates wanted and often the punishment was being pinned down and getting my pants pulled dow ornate everybody to see. At 13, I went to secondary school with most of the kids from my previous school and I continued to be around them and their new friends. As the year progressed, I began realise I needed to be around other people that might actually support me. I went to hang out with a group with a mix of kids my age and other kids a year older than me. Some supported me, some didn't. I continued to be around them for the rest of the year and had better moments. I was still bullied but not as much because I was able to avoid them better. Although, one day, one of my bullies was pushing me around so in self defence, I punched him. It wasn't long before he punched my repeatly and knocked me out. When I was found in a bush, I had already half regained consciousness and I was taken to the principal's office. After about 10 minutes, I'd told him what happened. Annoyingly I got suspended for it and the bully got away with it. Outside of school, my dad began to talk about mum to other people and pretty much told everybody she was a b****. Mum on the other hand was telling people he was a fat a***ed pig. My dad had also got a new girlfriend who didn't like me at all. If someone had to do something, it would always be me and when I finally sat dow, she would go on to dad about me being lazy. This year, hell has broken loose. My friend group seperated and I was left in a new group who ignores the fact I'm there unless they want to make fun of somebody or push someone around. My parents have continued to argue and dad still has the same girlfriend. My parents aren't as supportive as they use to be either. They just tell me that I'm better than others and I can do what I want to do. I've continued to make even more mistakes. Most of them costing me money because of repair. Although there are time when I'll say something to a friend I thought I could trust but then they tell somebody then everybody knows which causes a lot of embarrassment.

The way I am doesn't help me either. I'm tall, skinny, weak and nerdy. I'm uncoordinated, I have lots of acne and I'm not very good at sport. I'm quite a shy person and I'm not very good socially either.

My point is I don't know what to do with my life. I wouldn't commit suicide because I don't have the guts, I don't have enough experience to take on the entire world and I still struggle with mental and physical pain and abuse. What is my best option? Who do I turn to? How do I solve this painful problem? Please give me any recommendations.
DragonflySphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #2
max02
Member+
 
max02's Forum Picture
 
Name: maximilian
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

you sound like you have pretty normal life
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 08:16 AM   #3
DragonflySphere
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 20, 2017
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Bumping because I still need help.
DragonflySphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Anniebanannie
Member++
 
Anniebanannie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Annie
Join Date: November 5, 2016
Location: Maryland
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Is there a trustworthy adult you can talk to, or a counselor who will help you begin to sort through everything?

I'm having a great time here. I'm open to chat, too.
Anniebanannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #5
mick01
Awesome Poster
 
mick01's Forum Picture
 
Name: Mick
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
you sound like you have pretty normal life
Why would you respond to his life situation that it was pretty normal?
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #6
max02
Member+
 
max02's Forum Picture
 
Name: maximilian
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
Why would you respond to his life situation that it was pretty normal?
doesn't sound that bad.
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #7
mick01
Awesome Poster
 
mick01's Forum Picture
 
Name: Mick
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
doesn't sound that bad.
Gets bullied, got knocked out, struggles with mental and physical pain and abuse. And it doesn't sound that bad?
Can you explain that more?
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:00 PM   #8
max02
Member+
 
max02's Forum Picture
 
Name: maximilian
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
Gets bullied, got knocked out, struggles with mental and physical pain and abuse. And it doesn't sound that bad?
Can you explain that more?
you love fighting with me
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:06 PM   #9
mick01
Awesome Poster
 
mick01's Forum Picture
 
Name: Mick
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
you love fighting with me
No I don't. Just curious how you think he's living a normal life.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:13 PM   #10
max02
Member+
 
max02's Forum Picture
 
Name: maximilian
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
No I don't. Just curious how you think he's living a normal life.
who hasn't been bullied? his parents are divorced... big deal. wow, he's skinny... ! he wants to kill himself because of that? half of VT would be dead lol
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:30 PM   #11
mick01
Awesome Poster
 
mick01's Forum Picture
 
Name: Mick
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

There must be some responsible adult, a relative, teacher, a school counselor that you could talk to? You have so much going on and it seems you need some serious support. Now is the time to take some chances and to trust some people you may not have before.
Likes: (1)
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 06:21 AM   #12
DragonflySphere
Junior Member
 
Join Date: December 20, 2017
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
There must be some responsible adult, a relative, teacher, a school counselor that you could talk to? You have so much going on and it seems you need some serious support. Now is the time to take some chances and to trust some people you may not have before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebanannie View Post
Is there a trustworthy adult you can talk to, or a counselor who will help you begin to sort through everything?
A counsellor might be my best option because my extended family would tell everybody they know (past experience). A trusted adult or friend would be hard because I don't talk much to others and I keep things to myself and therefore I don't know many people very well. My teachers aren't great to me either. They seem to ignore me like I'm a ghost. If they're not ignoring me, they are yelling at me for not listening or not doing something right. Thanks for the recommendations though.
Likes: (2)
DragonflySphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #13
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflySphere View Post
A counsellor might be my best option because my extended family would tell everybody they know (past experience). A trusted adult or friend would be hard because I don't talk much to others and I keep things to myself and therefore I don't know many people very well. My teachers aren't great to me either. They seem to ignore me like I'm a ghost. If they're not ignoring me, they are yelling at me for not listening or not doing something right. Thanks for the recommendations though.
You are not alone. You have your family, your responsible adults, and you have us. We are glad to help you go through this tough phase of your life.

Look at a mirror, and instead of listing your bad things, compliment yourself, acknowledge the things you are good at. Life's a bitch. But, we're together on it.

Keep seeking for help.
Likes: (1)
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #14
Anniebanannie
Member++
 
Anniebanannie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Annie
Join Date: November 5, 2016
Location: Maryland
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflySphere View Post
A counsellor might be my best option because my extended family would tell everybody they know (past experience). A trusted adult or friend would be hard because I don't talk much to others and I keep things to myself and therefore I don't know many people very well. My teachers aren't great to me either. They seem to ignore me like I'm a ghost. If they're not ignoring me, they are yelling at me for not listening or not doing something right. Thanks for the recommendations though.

Please try a counselor then. You need a safe place where you aren't judged and you can feel safe talk about your life.

I'm having a great time here. I'm open to chat, too.
Anniebanannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #15
Just JT
I give a actual fuck
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
who hasn't been bullied? his parents are divorced... big deal. wow, he's skinny... ! he wants to kill himself because of that? half of VT would be dead lol
Dude really?
Have some compassion for people ok?
If something someone posts about seems normal to you ok fine, but in this case itís not seeming normal to the OP

You make light of someoneís seemingly not so great feeling or situation. And tbh that donít sit easy with me
People struggle with all kinds of shit in life whether itís weight size suicide what ever, not to mentions family shit like divorce. Yeah itís pretty common. But itís not ďno big dealĒ
That shit affect different people differently....not just how you feel about whatever you been through....

Have some fuckin compassion bro....someoneís talking about how they truly feel about shit and you just blow it off?

To the OP.....
Life is hard at times and is full of all kinds of unexpected changes and fucked up shit. Life is full of pain, unfortunately, but itís true.
Emotional pain is the absolute worst. Those scars donít fade, also unfortunate.

Some people have given solid advise here. And I agree. Seek out a trusted responsible adult to talk to. Sometimes a parent isnít that person. As painful as that might seem itís true. And know you arenít alone in that pain. Whereever that pain comes from

Thereís school counselors, parish priest or minister, or a therapist if you have one. Living in pain, just plain sucks, and itís really unfortunate that adults in your life donít recognize where your at with that.

Just donít give up bro....life is good, trust that....it gets better and does change for the better. Sometimes itís just hard to see...

Bullies, yeah they suck, just ignore them. When they see you get angry and upset you let them win.

You need someone to chill and hang with you come back here to VT and weíll all chill and hang with you without judgement and lots of support ok?


Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:36 PM   #16
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
who hasn't been bullied? his parents are divorced... big deal. wow, he's skinny... ! he wants to kill himself because of that? half of VT would be dead lol
"lol, fam, i don't care about your problem, so i'm going to be as rude as posible, brah, lol, kill yourself, lel" -Max02
Likes: (3)
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:49 PM   #17
max02
Member+
 
max02's Forum Picture
 
Name: maximilian
Join Date: November 25, 2017
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Dude really?
Have some compassion for people ok?
If something someone posts about seems normal to you ok fine, but in this case itís not seeming normal to the OP

You make light of someoneís seemingly not so great feeling or situation. And tbh that donít sit easy with me
People struggle with all kinds of shit in life whether itís weight size suicide what ever, not to mentions family shit like divorce. Yeah itís pretty common. But itís not ďno big dealĒ
That shit affect different people differently....not just how you feel about whatever you been through....

Have some fuckin compassion bro....someoneís talking about how they truly feel about shit and you just blow it off?
Everyone always tells me to be myself... and then when I am, people end up hating me.
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:22 PM   #18
Just JT
I give a actual fuck
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
Everyone always tells me to be myself... and then when I am, people end up hating me.
Nobody hates you man. It’s just you CAN come off as a bit opinionated and not so understanding is all
Life’s full of learning shit. So just learn from shit here like now is all

Nobody hates you here ok?
Just maybe a little more oper and accepting to diversity ok?


Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards

Last edited by Just JT; December 28th, 2017 at 08:31 PM.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:45 PM   #19
andrea03
Member
 
andrea03's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrea
Join Date: December 23, 2017
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 15
Gender: Transgender MtF*
Default Re: I don't get life. Someone please help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max02 View Post
Everyone always tells me to be myself... and then when I am, people end up hating me.
awww... no one hates you.

looking for friends

14
transgender
virginia
andrea03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org