Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 9th, 2017, 06:15 AM   #1
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Sort of a question

Okay, so I guess you're a young soul like me who wants a bit of money on the side, so you find work, like me. After working part-time for a month, your boss comes and tells you that you worked as per the agreed time, counts your shifts up, opens the counter, counts out the money and gives it to you.

In my case my boss broke the law. He didn't pay my income tax (by law the employer is obligated to do it in Serbia), he didn't pay my pension benefits, he didn't pay for my state health insurance (which I already have through my parents), he hired an illegal worker, me.

The term illegal worker means that you are not registered as working, so when boss manages his books, he doesn't mention me nor my wages.

So, is this right? Both me and my employer made this arrangement and both of us knew what I am going to get when my time is up. I voluntarily forfeited my healthcare and pension benefits so I could get more money and he didn't pay the income tax so I could get more money afterwards.

The state will say that my worker rights were infringed upon, but what if I simply decided to forfeit some rights because it serves my interests more?
The state will say that he robbed the people by not paying my income tax, but is it the state robbing the people with constantly increasing taxes and expenditures on things which are not in the interest of the people?
Like building new schools while there are nearby ones that are empty?
Like spending millions on some large fountanin on a square which won't work for most of the year because of cold?
Like spending millions on a construction project of building and entirely new neighorhood in the middle of the capital, where apartments would only be affordable by the richest?
Like refusing to aid the people who took out loans in Swiss Franks when that currency skyrocketed compared to our home currency?
Like staging a publicity stunt rescue operation via helicopter which left the baby needing rescue, medical technicians and the pilots dead because they crashed due to horrible flying conditions?
Like refusing to stand up for workers who really need protection from foreign capitalists who exploit them just like in some developing Asian countries? For goodness sake, the workers at Jura are not allowed bathroom breaks, have to wear diapers and are not allowed medical leave while they fully recover from sickness.
Like raising the minimum price of meat, bread and other basic food items?
Like sending your hard earned money to Kosovo as "aid for Serbia's poorest province" even though that province acts like and for all intents and purposes is an independent state for the last 11 years or more?

Would you pay taxes to such a government? Would you give the fruits of your labor to a government which doesn't care about the basic needs of it's citizens? About the basic needs of You?

This is my justification for trying to evade taxes at every possible step here. Do you agree with me, or disagree?

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 04:33 PM   #2
Sword of the morning
Junior Member+

Sword of the morning's Forum Picture

Name: Pacey
Default Re: Sort of a question

I agree with the idea of not paying taxes to the government that uses it for stuff they don't agree with. Where i live work like this is very common especially people under the age 18. They'll pay you out of the pocket with restaurants and ranches in the area. I live in a dying town that's supposed to being helped by the government but were not getting paid. The only way we get help is though food stamps which only help the local crack heads. We could do with st yet that government keeps saying they do. Most people around here pay taxes to the government because they think it'll help. I don't know about Serbia but I think it's a good Idea to chose to pay taxes. Extend personal liberties.
Sword of the morning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:46 PM   #3
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword of the morning View Post
I agree with the idea of not paying taxes to the government that uses it for stuff they don't agree with. Where i live work like this is very common especially people under the age 18. They'll pay you out of the pocket with restaurants and ranches in the area. I live in a dying town that's supposed to being helped by the government but were not getting paid. The only way we get help is though food stamps which only help the local crack heads. We could do with st yet that government keeps saying they do. Most people around here pay taxes to the government because they think it'll help. I don't know about Serbia but I think it's a good Idea to chose to pay taxes. Extend personal liberties.
I think more funding should be given to local authorities, instead of direct government intervention. The government runs on numbers and, well, you need boots on the ground in the shape of local municipal autorities to sponsor projects, or have the municipal authorities say they need x thing built, and the government would step in. I mean the central government barely knows the needs of the capital city, let alone some rural town or other area.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old December 9th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #4
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

This is a dangerous game to play and I hope you will realise in the near future that your nice logic has a lot of faults in it.
There is a government and tax paying for a reason. We might not always understand all the reasons and of course it would be nice to have more money but those structures exist for a reason.
I hope everyone who shares your views will start to learn that.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:44 AM   #5
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

Whether or not you agree with what your government is doing with your taxes refusing to pay your taxes is a crime. When your government find out what you and your employer are doing you both will be in big trouble. For the refusing the benefits like health insurance or pension that also will end up to comeback and haunt you and you will have to deal with consequences that could have been easily avoided by not refusing those benefits.

If you don't agree with what the government is spending money on they are easier and non-illegal things to do like voting and protesting.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:10 PM   #6
ShineintheDark
Nice Poster

Name: Magnus

The fact is, as you mentioned, it IS 'illegal' what you are doing. If you disagree with the law or feel that your money is being wasted, as mentioned above, go out and protest or vote for a person or party who agrees with you. However, evading the legal taxes of your country WILL come back to bite you one day and I don't think anyone wants to see you go down to prove a point.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 05:08 AM   #7
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
This is a dangerous game to play and I hope you will realise in the near future that your nice logic has a lot of faults in it.
There is a government and tax paying for a reason. We might not always understand all the reasons and of course it would be nice to have more money but those structures exist for a reason.
I hope everyone who shares your views will start to learn that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Whether or not you agree with what your government is doing with your taxes refusing to pay your taxes is a crime. When your government find out what you and your employer are doing you both will be in big trouble. For the refusing the benefits like health insurance or pension that also will end up to comeback and haunt you and you will have to deal with consequences that could have been easily avoided by not refusing those benefits.

If you don't agree with what the government is spending money on they are easier and non-illegal things to do like voting and protesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
The fact is, as you mentioned, it IS 'illegal' what you are doing. If you disagree with the law or feel that your money is being wasted, as mentioned above, go out and protest or vote for a person or party who agrees with you. However, evading the legal taxes of your country WILL come back to bite you one day and I don't think anyone wants to see you go down to prove a point.
While, yes, that arrangement was illegal, it wasn't me breaking the law. The taxes, pension benefits, healthcare benefits, income tax etc. falls on my employer, so if the law decides to crack down on us, they will crack down on my former employer. The case where it would be illegal is if I would lease myself to a company either by myself or outsourcing company, then I am classified as self-employed and must keep my books, pay taxes and all the other "benefits" for myself.

Old December 17th, 2017, 03:25 AM   #8
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

I guess that it is technically wrong because the arrangement that you and your employer had was illegal. That being said, you have nothing to complain about. What you got out of the deal was exactly what you expected going in.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #9
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
I guess that it is technically wrong because the arrangement that you and your employer had was illegal. That being said, you have nothing to complain about. What you got out of the deal was exactly what you expected going in.
Legally it was wrong, but morraly or ethically, not really. I had the option for all those benefits, but I chose not to because of extra cash.