Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #21
hayley2003
Member++
 
hayley2003's Forum Picture
 
Name: Hayley
Join Date: September 9, 2017
Location: USA
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
Completely flat, completely bald.
do you have desires like other girls?
are you developed enough that you can have sex if you want to?
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:30 PM   #22
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
do you have desires like other girls?
are you developed enough that you can have sex if you want to?
I don't feel like I really have desires. I do masturbate every night because it feels good and helps me relax and sleep.

I don't want to have sex and wouldn't be able to because in addition to delayed puberty, I have a small hymen opening. I can't even get my little pinky in.
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 05:20 AM   #23
sazzzo
Member++
 
Name: Tess
Join Date: September 30, 2017
Location: London
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 1
Smile Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
I don't feel like I really have desires. I do masturbate every night because it feels good and helps me relax and sleep.

I don't want to have sex and wouldn't be able to because in addition to delayed puberty, I have a small hymen opening. I can't even get my little pinky in.
I think we all have desires even if I don't know what mine are at the moment.
sazzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 04:42 PM   #24
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzzo View Post
I think we all have desires even if I don't know what mine are at the moment.
I know I have a desire to give myself an orgasm every night.
Likes: (1)
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 07:45 AM   #25
zzzzzzzzzz
Banned
 
zzzzzzzzzz's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 28, 2016
Gender: Male
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
I don't feel like I really have desires. I do masturbate every night because it feels good and helps me relax and sleep.

I don't want to have sex and wouldn't be able to because in addition to delayed puberty, I have a small hymen opening. I can't even get my little pinky in.
Are you on hormone treatment? Can the doctor do anything for the small opening?
zzzzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 07:51 AM   #26
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
Are you on hormone treatment? Can the doctor do anything for the small opening?
I'm not on hormone treatments yet. If my hymen doesn't break or open up I will need minor surgery so that I can use a tampon or have intercourse. But there is no rush for either.
Likes: (1)
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 07:54 AM   #27
zzzzzzzzzz
Banned
 
zzzzzzzzzz's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 28, 2016
Gender: Male
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
I'm not on hormone treatments yet. If my hymen doesn't break or open up I will need minor surgery so that I can use a tampon or have intercourse. But there is no rush for either.
Cool. Are you still hoping that things will happen naturally first. As long as you are happy
zzzzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #28
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
Cool. Are you still hoping that things will happen naturally first. As long as you are happy
I hope I don't have to have the surgery but if I do my Dr said it's not a big deal. Local anesthetic and they just snip some hymen away.
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #29
NudistFun
Member
 
NudistFun's Forum Picture
 
Name: Laura
Join Date: April 24, 2016
Location: Florida
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

This happens to female gymnasts quite often. Body fat is what tells your body, at a certain point, to begin the puberty hormones. You coukd ask your doctor about a diet to boost your healthy body fat.

Hi! I'm Laura!
I'm a fun loving, curious girl from the South!

I'm brutally honest, love anything outdoors, books,
sports, volleyball, and yes, I was raised and still am a nudist!


NudistFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #30
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudistFun View Post
This happens to female gymnasts quite often. Body fat is what tells your body, at a certain point, to begin the puberty hormones. You coukd ask your doctor about a diet to boost your healthy body fat.
We've talked about it. The main problem is that playing a lot of sports and working out a lot, I just don't put on body fat. I don't eat junk food either. I've heard this happens to gymnasts also.
Likes: (1)
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #31
TheMagicPotato
Member++
 
TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture
 
Name: Abraham
Join Date: December 26, 2017
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
We've talked about it. The main problem is that playing a lot of sports and working out a lot, I just don't put on body fat. I don't eat junk food either. I've heard this happens to gymnasts also.
It's happens to a lot of people. And, yeah, I bet you feel like a kid in front of all your developed friends, but, you're going through treatment and I'm sure everything's going to be fine.

Keep hanging up there, you'll get on the top very soon.




Skidaddle, Skidoodle... uR dIck iZ NOW a nOoDLe
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #32
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicPotato View Post
It's happens to a lot of people. And, yeah, I bet you feel like a kid in front of all your developed friends, but, you're going through treatment and I'm sure everything's going to be fine. Keep hanging up there, you'll get on the top very soon.
I don't really feel like a kid since I'm taller and more athletic than most girls my age. But I feel like my upper body looks like a guys with my flat chest and muscle tone.
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 08:41 PM   #33
Paige_ob34
New Member
 
Name: Paige
Join Date: December 15, 2017
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Sorry for the bump. Have been thinking a lot about this lately and thought id throw in my @0.02c it sounds like you're taking a calm approach to this which is really great. If it was me i probably would have freaked out lol. i was a little slow to develop myself and i was super nervous but things seemed to work out in the end (yay).

i like what Dmaxd123 said about gettiing a 2nd opinion if you feel like it, just so you feel less uncertain about when the right time might be. much less easy to doubt stuff when there's more than one person mentioning it

If i was you i'd probably wait and see how things go. I read somewhere recently that it’s more and more common for younger people to star hormone treatments so i guess you've got time, and it’s nothing to worry about if you do.

Edit: i did some searching for you and found the post that mentioned this. Some others out there, too. Might be worth reading up on

Hope it goes ok for you. let us know how you go!

Last edited by Paige_ob34; January 18th, 2018 at 03:57 PM.
Paige_ob34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 07:31 PM   #34
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige_ob34 View Post
Sorry for the bump. Have been thinking a lot about this lately and thought id throw in my @0.02c it sounds like you're taking a calm approach to this which is really great. If it was me i probably would have freaked out lol. i was a little slow to develop myself and i was super nervous but things seemed to work out in the end (yay).

i like what Dmaxd123 said about gettiing a 2nd opinion if you feel like it, just so you feel less uncertain about when the right time might be. much less easy to doubt stuff when there's more than one person mentioning it

If i was you i'd probably wait and see how things go. I read somewhere recently that its more and more common for younger people to star hormone treatments so i guess you've got time, and its nothing to worry about if you do.

Edit: i did some searching for you and found the post that mentioned this. Some others out there, too. Might be worth reading up on

Hope it goes ok for you. let us know how you go!
Thank you for your response and research.
Likes: (1)
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2018, 05:36 PM   #35
Anniebanannie
Nice Poster
 
Anniebanannie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Annie
Join Date: November 5, 2016
Location: Maryland
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
Thank you for your response and research.
Hi Fiona,

I was wondering if anything has changed in the last few months. Has the doctor given you any new insights?

I'm having a great time here. I'm open to chat, too.
Anniebanannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 07:02 AM   #36
Fiona2
Member
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebanannie View Post
Hi Fiona,

I was wondering if anything has changed in the last few months. Has the doctor given you any new insights?
Thank you for asking. I go back to the Dr in a few weeks. I've noticed a few light strands of pubic hair so maybe it's starting.
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 07:38 AM   #37
sazzzo
Member++
 
Name: Tess
Join Date: September 30, 2017
Location: London
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
Thank you for asking. I go back to the Dr in a few weeks. I've noticed a few light strands of pubic hair so maybe it's starting.
That's cool. I started getting hair there later than most of my friends so I was really happy when it started. Mine started with just a few strands and it's got a bit more now so yours will too
sazzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 07:00 PM   #38
Anniebanannie
Nice Poster
 
Anniebanannie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Annie
Join Date: November 5, 2016
Location: Maryland
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
Thank you for asking. I go back to the Dr in a few weeks. I've noticed a few light strands of pubic hair so maybe it's starting.
Yeah, it could be starting!


Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzzo View Post
That's cool. I started getting hair there later than most of my friends so I was really happy when it started. Mine started with just a few strands and it's got a bit more now so yours will too

Do most of your friends shave anyway?

I'm having a great time here. I'm open to chat, too.
Anniebanannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:06 PM   #39
KatieCO2003
Member++
 
KatieCO2003's Forum Picture
 
Name: Katie
Join Date: March 31, 2017
Location: Mountains of Colorado, USA
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
its different. i started growing boobs when i was 10, but when i was 12 i got super sick with pneumonia and was in the hospital and stopped developing normally, something like 10% or whatever. that was happened.
I kinda have a similar story. Only, I was in the hospital because of extreme physical abuse. And now I have a lot of health issues as a result. One of which is delayed onset puberty. I'm 4'10" and 84lbs now, but I've been a lot thinner. And I'm barely an AA, even though I'm 14. My gyno, endocrinologist, internist, and psychologist (yes, I have a whole team of Drs) discussed putting me on estrogen, but ultimately decided not to because of potential side effects, drug interactions, effects on my mental state, etc. For me, that turned out to be a good thing. My own E started increasing over the past few months and really screwed up my anxiety meds for a while.
KatieCO2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 11:12 PM   #40
hayley2003
Member++
 
hayley2003's Forum Picture
 
Name: Hayley
Join Date: September 9, 2017
Location: USA
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCO2003 View Post
I kinda have a similar story. Only, I was in the hospital because of extreme physical abuse. And now I have a lot of health issues as a result. One of which is delayed onset puberty. I'm 4'10" and 84lbs now, but I've been a lot thinner. And I'm barely an AA, even though I'm 14. My gyno, endocrinologist, internist, and psychologist (yes, I have a whole team of Drs) discussed putting me on estrogen, but ultimately decided not to because of potential side effects, drug interactions, effects on my mental state, etc. For me, that turned out to be a good thing. My own E started increasing over the past few months and really screwed up my anxiety meds for a while.
oh that is soooo sad, but it does kinda sound like things are getting better.

i am about the same size and people sometimes wonder if my and my sister are twins because she as tall as me now.
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org