Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 7th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #1
Fiona2

Name: Fiona
Default When should I start hormone treatments

I'm 15 and have been diagnosed with delayed puberty due to low body fat. I have no breast development, no pubic hair, no period and my vulva is smaller than other girls my age. My Dr told me that if I didn't start puberty eventually then she would prescribe hormone treatments. She is very conservative and keeps telling me to give it more time. Have any other girls had this condition and at what age did you start hormone treatments?
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Not in the girls section so Ill post
Id just follow your drs advice. She know your body in that way probably better than you do

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:22 AM   #3
sazzzo
Member++

Name: Tess

We are all different and I guess it's best to wait for as long as the doctor says. I don't like taking medicines unless it's really necessary but I think it's probably embarrassing for you when you get seen by other girls when you are getting changed. I've started getting pubic hair now so it's not as embarrassing as it used to be but if you're unhappy then you must tell the doctor because it's important for you to be happy
sazzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #4
Fiona2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzzo View Post
We are all different and I guess it's best to wait for as long as the doctor says. I don't like taking medicines unless it's really necessary but I think it's probably embarrassing for you when you get seen by other girls when you are getting changed. I've started getting pubic hair now so it's not as embarrassing as it used to be but if you're unhappy then you must tell the doctor because it's important for you to be happy
Thank you for your post. I'm not embarrassed about not having pubic hair as most girls I change with shave so I think they assume that I shave also. And it no longer bothers me to look different than other girls when naked because I've looked different down there for as long as I can remember. I just want to start puberty and feel like a normal girl my age.
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #5
Kaeneus

Kaeneus's Forum Picture

Name: Lawrence

If you are concerned about being late and want to start puberty... have you considered addressing the root cause? If your body fat is so low it’s delaying puberty you may be underweight, and it may be healthy for you to put on some fat. Talk to your doctor ofcourse.
Kaeneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 01:31 PM   #6
hayley2003
Member+

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley

sorry to hear you're not very developed yet.

i have a different problem, but kinda similar. a couple of years ago i got super sick and spent a month in the hospital. because of it, i stopped developing for a long time, and now i'm growing, but pretty slow. i am only 4'10", and people think i am about 12. my gyn doctor said i could take hormones, but she thinks its a bad idea because of side-effects. she said i might not fully mature until i am over 20.
hayley2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #7
Kaeneus

Kaeneus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post

i have a different problem, but kinda similar. a couple of years ago i got super sick and spent a month in the hospital. because of it, i stopped developing for a long time, and now i'm growing, but pretty slow. i am only 4'10", and people think i am about 12. my gyn doctor said i could take hormones, but she thinks its a bad idea because of side-effects. she said i might not fully mature until i am over 20.
I think I remember hearing in the olden days girls didn't really start puberty until about 15, and it's because of chemicals and stuff in food that kids start puberty earlier. So the age you're going at might actually be the more natural age.
Old December 11th, 2017, 04:35 AM   #8
Fiona2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeneus View Post
If you are concerned about being late and want to start puberty... have you considered addressing the root cause? If your body fat is so low its delaying puberty you may be underweight, and it may be healthy for you to put on some fat. Talk to your doctor ofcourse.
But I'm not underweight. I actually weigh more than most girls my height because I have a lot of muscle tone. I just don't have much body fat because I eat healthy, play sports and work out.
Old December 11th, 2017, 04:43 AM   #9
Kaeneus

Kaeneus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
But I'm not underweight. I actually weigh more than most girls my height because I have a lot of muscle tone. I just don't have much body fat because I eat healthy, play sports and work out.

Oh, sure, I mean obviously its entirely up to you but girls are supposed to have a bit of body fat. Obviously you not having enough is having an impact on your health i.e not starting puberty. Obviously you know better about your own body and I wouldnt do anything without asking your doctor about it first.
Old December 11th, 2017, 05:01 AM   #10
Fiona2

Quote:

I'm glad to hear that you are growing now. I hope you never get sick like that again. My height (5'7) is the only thing that makes me look 15. What did she say about the side-effects?
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #11
OldNewGuy
Member++

Name: Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Not in the girls section so Ill post
Id just follow your drs advice. She know your body in that way probably better than you do
I agree. Your doctor is the one who knows best.

PM me any time if you wanna chat!

When I try to be funny, im not funny. When I dont try to be funny, im still not funny -A not so funny person
OldNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 06:05 AM   #12
hayley2003
Member+

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that you are growing now. I hope you never get sick like that again. My height (5'7) is the only thing that makes me look 15. What did she say about the side-effects?
wow you're pretty tall already. you might grow to be over 6ft.

i don't remember too much of what my gyn dr said because it was over 2 year ago. i remember her saying it can make some girls more moody and it can make their desires extra strong. she said i'd be ok without taking extra hormones pills, but just won't be fully mature until 20s, like i won't be mature enough to have a baby and stuff like that. mom liked that last part...lol
Old December 12th, 2017, 06:39 AM   #13
sazzzo
Member++

Name: Tess
Smile Re: When should I start hormone treatments

Quote:
wow you're pretty tall already. you might grow to be over 6ft.

i don't remember too much of what my gyn dr said because it was over 2 year ago. i remember her saying it can make some girls more moody and it can make their desires extra strong. she said i'd be ok without taking extra hormones pills, but just won't be fully mature until 20s, like i won't be mature enough to have a baby and stuff like that. mom liked that last part...lol
My mum is always warning me about being careful. Like I'm only 13 and not going to be doing that so I can understand your mum liking that but I don't think she should be telling you she is happy about it.
sazzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 07:15 AM   #14
Fiona2

Quote:
Thank you for your response. Have you started puberty though?
Old December 12th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #15
hayley2003
Member+

Quote:
Thank you for your response. Have you started puberty though?
yea, just slowly.
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:22 AM   #16
Fiona2

Quote:
yea, just slowly.
That's good that you have started even if it is slowly.
Old December 13th, 2017, 07:01 AM   #17
hayley2003
Member+

its different. i started growing boobs when i was 10, but when i was 12 i got super sick with pneumonia and was in the hospital and stopped developing normally, something like 10% or whatever. that was happened.

so you don't even have boobs or pubes yet?
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #18
Fiona2

Quote:
so you don't even have boobs or pubes yet?
Completely flat, completely bald.
Old December 14th, 2017, 05:08 PM   #19
Dmaxd123
Member++

on a serious note: you could ask your parents to take you to a second dr just for a second opinion

on a lighter note: as a guy i don't have a period but it seems most girls I know would be happy not to have the period and the girls that shave would probably be happy on that note too.

on another bright side for you & hayley... maybe being delayed isn't all bad when you are 40 you may still look 30
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #20
hayley2003
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post

on another bright side for you & hayley... maybe being delayed isn't all bad when you are 40 you may still look 30
that is what my gyn dr said. she said i'd look younger as i get older. she couldn't say exactly how much, but said people might think i am teenager when i'm 20-something.

it only bothers me sometimes. just get use to being shorter and people thinking me and my sister might be twins.