Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old November 26th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #1
Tori123

Name: Tori
Default Self-Harm

Most kids who have not been through so much pain or haven't had almost or lost someone to suicide doesn't understand the true pain. Someone who cuts is dealing with a very tough battle. Some might be small cuts, deep, barley visible, or scars for life. There might be one or two or 20; the pain that a person has enough to take a blade to their beautiful skin doesn't matter how many or how deep they are. Most kill there pain their feeling with a different pain. Every cut tells a story untold. All the nights of crying, not sleeping, eating, and hiding from everyone else. This is more pain than anyone can understand that having been through this. The people who have to wake up every day and look in the mirror to see what they have done. Then have to go and have people joke around about cutting just makes them feel even more insecure where they have to hide it behind sleeves, pants, not go swimming because they get scared they will be made fun of. People who cut feel relief and also regret. Cutting is a disease in the mind. A number of scars on the outside do not show how much a person is feeling and hurting on the inside.

I know I have to go to school and have to listen to kids joking about self-harm. They joke saying Oh, I don't have enough attention I'm gonna cut, or I didn't get a good grade on my test so I have to slit my wrist, and it goes on forever during lunch. No one knows that I deal with depression and I have self-harmed. Then to hear that just makes me crumble it makes me feel like getting up and running to the bathroom to cry because they don't understand and don't know the pain that we feel. They take it as a joke. I hide everything with a fake smile and act happy because I don't want to be one of those kids that they make fun of because of I self-harm.

It's not a Joke, so please don't take it as one. We are not attention seekers. Were going through something you don't know were not as strong as you, but were strong enough to keep living our life. Eventually, we may not be strong any more society will drag us down so much that we cant take it anymore. Some of us get the help we get therapy, sent to a mental institution, or just get medication. But that thought never truly goes away. I know I was scar free for a year, but those thoughts always came back to me until I gave into it. All people have different reasons to self-harm I know I was bullied a lot, my family was going through a very hard time with money, my parents were getting a divorce, and I was always getting yelled and cursed at. I had enough of it so I started cutting, but never showed it on the outside. To what people see is a very-positive-happy-go-lucky girl. I'm did hearing jokes about self-harming. I cant take it because it hurts me so much.
Tori123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #2
Princesa77
Junior Member+

Princesa77's Forum Picture

Name: Julie
Default Re: Self-Harm

I completely understand where you come from, and all of it, @Tori123 and you can get help though your location could be anywhere in the world, here is a website that can give you guidance called Aldolescent Self Injury Foundation:

https://www.adolescentselfinjuryfoun...-i-help-myself

with suggestions, 146 to be precise:

https://www.adolescentselfinjuryfoun...ides-self-harm

There is also great reading info on this site: https://youngminds.org.uk/

also Self Injury Support: https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/feeling/

Sadly I lost friendship with a close friend who SI'd. I discovered she never told her parents, so I broke confidence and told them. But, for why? Well, had she gone and injured herself and bled to death and I hadn't told her parents - how would I have felt?

But her parents, despite everything my friend had wrongly assumed would get mad - though they were upset they actioned to get their daughter help.

The last time I heard was, she stopped self-injuring 3 months ago. Which was fantastic and very brave of her. But she never kept in contact, so I guess I've lost her friendship forever.

In our busy lives, sometimes we get so lost in our destinations that we forget about the journey. It is important for us whether single or taken to capture moments of beauty, love and happiness whenever we can, be it at home or in the park or in some place where it feels peaceful. People come and go in our lives; sometimes though, all we need is a stepping stone, and a loving heart to accept what has to be.

In my heart, I said goodbye to her.

The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.
Princesa77 is offline   Reply With Quote