Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #1
goldfish23

Default Drugs have made me question the state of my mental health

My boyfriend has recently introduced me to drugs like MDMA, LSD, Cocaine and Ketamine. Before meeting him I had only smoked weed, not regularly. The reason we have started taking these drugs is because when I drink alcohol I can be extremely aggressive and it ruins our nights out. Usually sticking to drugs with no alcohol results in a much calmer night out.
Since he has introduced me to these harder drugs we have been taking them fairly regularly (once a week/two weeks)
When I took LSD for the first time I had a bad trip which opened my eyes a lot and made me question my life and existence and how unimportant I am.
Another time I took MDMA I had a very bad trip and I imagined my name on a headstone with the following day's date, my boyfriend had to restrain me from killing myself.
Most of the other times I have taken pills, acid or other drugs my trips have not been bad and the comedowns were manageable. However the bad times have affected me and ever since I have had to question my mental health. If I was on my own during my bad MDMA trip I would probably have died. If I think like that when under the influence of a drug then is there already something wrong with my brain? The fact I am aggressive when drinking also worries me that I have underlying anger problems, something which my friends have already raised with me.
Or is it the affect of the drugs (inc alcohol) that make me a completely different person and alter my brain and these things that I think or that happen when on them are separate to who I am when I am sober?
goldfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Default Re: Drugs have made me question the state of my mental health

Don't do those drugs
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #3
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Iím gonna Call the kettle black cause this is a place I donít take my own advice. But yeah donít do drugs or drink ok?
I think some people can handle it but sounds like you canít. And thatíll lead to some bad shit. Either aggressive behavior or doing something to harm yourself. Iíve been in those shoes at times and it sucks. But itís also rare for to to be violent these days. It can only end poor for you.

Trust me on that, others besides me here either do drink and use some more regularly. Others have family members whoís lives have been destroyed by alcohol and drugs cause they couldnít handle them. Like my family. Donít become one of them

Justbfind a different way to have fun ok?

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #4
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

You might think that drugs are helping you but all you are doing is hiding the problems under the rug. You will have to face it, and being addicted to MDMA and using acid is a bad thing.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2017, 10:48 AM   #5
Lost in the Echo
Banned

Name: Bo

Yeah just avoid alcohol and drugs if itís causing you this much unnecessary stress. Is it really worth it? It doesnít sound like you enjoy the high anyway, and sounds like itís peer pressure more than anything else.

Partying doesnít seem to be your thing, so simply donít if itís causing you all these unneeded, and easily avoidable problems in your life.
It doesnít sound like itís worth it in the least bit.
Lost in the Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #6
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Juliarules832's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

I would avoid doing them
Juliarules832 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #7
RyderTheHuman

Name: Ryder

The human mind is very complex. I could tell you countless times I've been twacked out on crystal methamphetamine and had some form of epiphany, one that at that time made me feel differently about the way that I think.

But the effects of common drugs are just that -- to alter the way the brain perceives information.

How your brain perceives information on drugs can have do to with many things:

i. The drugs you are on.
ii. Diet.
iii. Situational context.
iv. Your mental state.
v. Metabolism.

There is no real way of knowing how your brain differs in terms of the underlying thoughts/issues you are already facing when on drugs vs off of drugs.

For me, I would experience thoughts while under the influence of hard drugs that I still ponder on to this day. Things that still trip my brain up. As someone who suffers from different personality/mood disorders, suddenly experiencing a totally different reality made me chase that reality, only by using more of the drug.

But that is simply where the line is drawn. When you are asking yourself these kinds of questions, where drug use affects your mindset when you are sober, the way you think about things, the way you feel about things, the re-thinking and processing of information your otherwise sober brain has already thought, once you start questioning these things while off drugs -- it's time to stop. Because exploring these things through further drug use as a means to gain a better understanding will only do one thing to you, as it has to me and many others, it will undoubtedly make you an addict.

If you suffer from mental illness, drug use will amplify the long term effects of the already existing problems, not through any brain altering changes, but through the position you will put yourself in as an addict and the kinds of ways your mentally ill brain reacts to these problems. Stick to trees, don't fuck your life up like I have, don't fuck with drugs. Don't fuck with drugs. Don't fuck with drugs. Understand? Don't fuck with drugs.

Stop doing ketamine. Stop any MDMA, Opiate, LSD/LSA, etc. Stop.
RyderTheHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 09:27 PM   #8
dreadedrealityofmeds

When i was younger i used drugs like weed and magic mushrooms and some extasy and alot of drinking. Eventually what happened is i had a boyfriend and made him suffer through me being delusional and hallucinating and always thinking he was cheating on me and blaming/screaming at him for no reason. Turned out i had psychosis due to substance use and ended up in an institution where they tried many different medications to keep me from hearing voices in my head and being sui idal and psychotic. No one told me that these medications ( anti psychotics and anti depressants) have some side effects that can potentially ruin your body all in the sake of having good mental health. Every medication gives you different side effects. Ive had one where i felt heart palpitations 50 percent of each day preventing me from going to school or doing anything, and nothing took them away. I had to take heart medication which helped only a bit. Ive gained tons of weight like 60 pounds within 4 years of being on these meds. I lost my sex drive to the point i dont want to get busy with my boyfriend ever not to mention female problems many of personal female problems. You can start having tardive dyskenisia which is when parts of your body jerk twist and or move on its own and it can be permanent.and just so many more ways that these medications can ruin your body, you can become a diabetic and even develop heart disease from both diabetes and high cholesterol from the medication.My point is, the consequences arent just immediate when you take drugs, it can affect your body and your whole life . permanently. I will never be able to have children because i cannot get off these meds or else ill be psychotic and have symptoms again of my illness. Everyday is a battle of physical well being all because i chose to do drugs and drink and party with people because i felt i needed to because i had a bad life. Its not worth it, trust me its not. I know that friends can feel like its no big deal and maybe even family members to take drugs or smoke weed or drink but honestly i am here posting this because i wish i would have known about the path it led me on beforehand, before i chose to party. Having fun for a night here and there for several years isnt worth the risk of your mental health. And yes its been proven and shown many times over that doing drugs can give you a drug induced psychosis which from what i can tell that u described, seems the case. Its temporary thats why you may feel better after a couple days then go back to partying with your guy and friends. But just beware that it can also turn out permanent.
dreadedrealityofmeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2017, 10:04 PM   #9
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

I've done all of those except Ketamine, and yeah, stay away. It's not optimal, but okay to do like coke and MDMA on rare, special occasions as long as you are testing the drug. I was in 11th grade at a party, and someone offered me coke. I snorted it, felt very different effects than normal, and later found out what I snorted was cut with quite a bit of Meth. Be safe.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." ó Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #10
Harrier
Awesome Poster

There's so much stuff you can do that won't give you a bad trip/ Idk why anyone would do drugs that would give them bad trips.
Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #11
OldNewGuy
Member++

All i can say is try not to do drugs

PM me any time if you wanna chat!

ďWhen I try to be funny, iím not funny. When I donít try to be funny, iím still not funnyĒ -A not so funny person
OldNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2017, 12:00 AM   #12
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Juliarules832's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

Drugs ruin lives I plan on staying away from them.

14 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me or email me about anything!
Juliarules832 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2017, 02:59 AM   #13
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

you really shouldn't be doing hard drugs every week or so
Human is offline   Reply With Quote