Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 20th, 2017, 04:40 PM   #1
fawn

fawn's Forum Picture

Name: amy
Default ptsd from sexual abuse

hi everyone,
i was sexually abused from the ages of 5-7 by my uncle on my dadís side. i started to remember last april and was hospitilized twice in the following months. i ended up telling the nurses who contacted the police. they didnít do anything as i wasnít 100% sure at the time. i was hospitilized yet again this year only about two weeks ago again due to suicide threats and self harm. my psychiatrist is urging me to contact the police again now that iím sure it happened. iím just looking for other people who have been through or are going through similar things. thank you for reading.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #2
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: ptsd from sexual abuse

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I understand your feelings and would encourage you to take action against your abuser.

I have been sexually abused around the same age as you while I stayed with a foster family. I told my grandma back then during a visit and she called the police. I don't remember much of the procedures back then.
Later I was then raped by a family friend. Here the police wasn't prepared to believe me at first.
But talking about it and reporting it is still very important.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 05:55 AM   #3
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: ptsd from sexual abuse

I do also encourage you to get yourself help, first. Your health is huge, and if your not in shape you wonít be able to recount for the police well enough to make an organized convincing statement of events

I was also sexually abused by my uncle whom I lived with and some of his friends for several years. This ended a couple years ago. It took a lot of time, energy, a few hospitalizations and still ongoing therapy every week still, to have been able to confront my abusers and work with the police and the ADA to but my abusers where they belong. Was some of my darkest of times. Nobody should need to go there.

But this Iíll say that once you do, and the deal I said made to do whatever they get itís like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders knowing those people will never be able to hurt me again. Or others.

Then you can move on with your life.

Lean on Friends and family a lot. Youíll need it. And you can always talk here. Either openly or when you can pm, in private.

Hope your ok, and good luck

Iíd encourage others her who are struggling with this kind of abuse to talk about it if you are comfortable with it. Talking helps, and the victims here will know they are not alone. Alone is the worst feeling
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote