Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 16th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #1
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Default A Group of Democrats Just Officially Moved to Impeach Donald Trump as President

Quote:
(WASHINGTON) — A half-dozen Democrats on Wednesday introduced articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, accusing him of obstruction of justice and other offenses, in a long-shot effort that stands little chance in the Republican-led House.

Indeed, the large majority of Democrats seem intent on having nothing to do with the effort either as lawmakers await the results of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Democratic leaders have argued that the impeachment campaign riles up Trump’s GOP base, a critical bloc in next year’s midterm elections.

The five articles accused the president of obstruction of justice related to the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, undermining the independence of the federal judiciary and other offenses.
read the rest here http://time.com/5026052/democrats-impeach-donald-trump/

--

so nothing big is happening yet from what i understand, but the recent indictments and guilty pleas from trump's guys seem pretty damning
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 09:18 PM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: A Group of Democrats Just Officially Moved to Impeach Donald Trump as President

I never thought he’d complete his first term. I hope their successful tbh.
And he hasn’t even been in office a year yet lmao???

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 10:23 PM   #3
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Default Re: A Group of Democrats Just Officially Moved to Impeach Donald Trump as President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
And he hasn’t even been in office a year yet lmao???
The Dem's have been talking about impeachment even before he took office. Given the rampancy of Trump Derangement Syndrome among the Dem's ranks, I'm more surprised that it took them this long before doing anything official about it.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #4
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
The Dem's have been talking about impeachment even before he took office. Given the rampancy of Trump Derangement Syndrome among the Dem's ranks, I'm more surprised that it took them this long before doing anything official about it.
Are you still a supporter of his btw? Asking for curiosity’s sake, feel free to reply out of thread for it

But also agreed that it’s surprising it took this long for Democrats to actually do smth abt their impeachment movement thing. I’ve heard people calling for him to be arrested or kicked out of office for the longest

"The head may err, but never the blood.”
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #5
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Are you still a supporter of his btw? Asking for curiosity’s sake, feel free to reply out of thread for it
For the most part, yeah. I've stated before that I've never been huge on the Trump train, I would have preferred a more conservative and libertarian Republican like Cruz or Rubio, but in general I think Trump is okay. Not really on a personal level, but policy wise I support him. But unless the Dems want to impeach Trump for his tendency to be rude and troll world leaders on Twitter (don't support that aspect BTW) I don't see anything to validate an impeachment.

Though lets be serious, this isn't going anywhere. This is like when the Republicans attempted to pass ObamaCare Repeal while Obama was president. It is all for show, and to gain some sympathy points with their voting base.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 11:02 PM   #6
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
For the most part, yeah. I've stated before that I've never been huge on the Trump train, I would have preferred a more conservative and libertarian Republican like Cruz or Rubio, but in general I think Trump is okay. Not really on a personal level, but policy wise I support him. But unless the Dems want to impeach Trump for his tendency to be rude and troll world leaders on Twitter (don't support that aspect BTW) I don't see anything to validate an impeachment.

Though lets be serious, this isn't going anywhere. This is like when the Republicans attempted to pass ObamaCare Repeal while Obama was president. It is all for show, and to gain some sympathy points with their voting base.
meh that’s pretty true of a statement. Dems just want to bring attention to it and make a huge fuss about his impeachment but unless they get actual solid evidence of him doing smth, nothings gonna happen

Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old November 16th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #7
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
meh that’s pretty true of a statement. Dems just want to bring attention to it and make a huge fuss about his impeachment but unless they get actual solid evidence of him doing smth, nothings gonna happen
I don't remember the names of anyone but I believe his foreign policy advisor and campaign manager + maybe a few other guys were indicted, pled guilty to colliding with Russia, and lying to the FBI. I'm fuzzy on the details but you can find out on google surely.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 01:25 AM   #8
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Personally I think if you are going for collusion or obstruction of justice it would be in their best interest to wait until the investigation is over to build a better case and have a better chance of succeeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I don't remember the names of anyone but I believe his foreign policy advisor and campaign manager + maybe a few other guys were indicted, pled guilty to colliding with Russia, and lying to the FBI. I'm fuzzy on the details but you can find out on google surely.
George Papadopoulos is the only one who pleaded guilty, all the others are denying everything and pleaded not guilty.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #9
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Personally I think if you are going for collusion or obstruction of justice it would be in their best interest to wait until the investigation is over to build a better case and have a better chance of succeeding.

George Papadopoulos is the only one who pleaded guilty, all the others are denying everything and pleaded not guilty.
And aren’t they all saying they had nothing to do with it and that Trump is claiming he had nothing to do with it?... idk. I’ve heard of his campaign people collaborating with Russia but nothing with Trump specifically

Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old November 17th, 2017, 02:13 PM   #10
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Sorry if this question sounds dumb, but if he's impeached, who becomes president? Pence? New elections?

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 03:50 PM   #11
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living For Love View Post
Sorry if this question sounds dumb, but if he's impeached, who becomes president? Pence? New elections?
Pence becomes president while new elections will go on... im pretty sure

Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:15 PM   #12
Uranus
VT Lover

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living For Love View Post
If he is impeached then yes, Mike Pence will serve as the Acting President under the 25th amendment.

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 07:10 AM   #13
Dmaxd123
Member++

although impeachment doesn't necessarily mean that he will be removed from his seat as president.

anyone remember the husband of the top Democratic choice last November? yup ol Bill was impeached but kept on serving
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #14
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
although impeachment doesn't necessarily mean that he will be removed from his seat as president.

anyone remember the husband of the top Democratic choice last November? yup ol Bill was impeached but kept on serving
Bill was never fully impeached. The House of Representatives voted to but the Senate chose to aquit him, meaning Congress never completed his impeachment proceedings, therefore allowing him to carry on as president. If the Senate also voted yes to his impeachment then, yes, he would have been removed of office and charged with perjury for his crimes. The same would go for Trump in this hypothetical situation but the chances are even less likely as back in the 90s neither party held a large enough majority to sway the vote but, currently, the Republicans hold a great majority of both houses and would never impeach their own leader.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote