Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 13th, 2018, 11:20 AM   #1
benlodge123
Member++

benlodge123's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Default Urgh

To do anything in this world you need money. I have 0. I can learn to drive in May and i have saved no money for it. I have a job but the hours are very irregular and I dont actually know the date i get payed. I have done 3 shifts and worked out i am owed about 50.

My day consits of:
staying away until 3am the night before
getting up at around 11am
sitting on pc and doing nothing all day

I am sick of this lifestyle that i have. What will i tell my own kids about when they want to know about my child hood. I can't go to London to do photography. Cant go to the cinema etc. I have no money for driving.

Why do i stay in my room all day? because i feel comfortable here. No one can bother me, im free to do what i want, when i want, how i want. is it healthy, MOST DEFINETLY NOT.

I want to join a gym with my brother to get bigger. But i have no cash for a membership. Im so broke that i cant even by a packet of sweets when i am out with my mates (like once a week)

I hate this lifestyle i am living. I HATE IT! I want to be successfull in photography. Selling photos and sharing my experiences through my art. But all the online services there are to sell on, you have to pay a subscription monthy which i obviously dont have the money for.
I feel trapped

Happy to Chat about anything!! Hit me up! "
benlodge123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2018, 11:29 AM   #2
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.
Default Re: Urgh

have you considered a part time job like, at a food store or something, as opposed to the one your in now?
the_power_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:14 PM   #3
benlodge123
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeam View Post
have you considered a part time job like, at a food store or something, as opposed to the one your in now?
I have a part time job. I am a waiter at a wedding venue but the hours arent much. I have no money to pay for my phone bill and also spotify which is a must have for sixth form.

Old April 13th, 2018, 12:28 PM   #4
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlodge123 View Post
I have a part time job. I am a waiter at a wedding venue but the hours arent much. I have no money to pay for my phone bill and also spotify which is a must have for sixth form.
I Read that you have one , what im saying is why not ditch that one and find a morte stable job? thay havent even payed you for gods sake
the_power_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:50 PM   #5
benlodge123
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeam View Post
I Read that you have one , what im saying is why not ditch that one and find a morte stable job? thay havent even payed you for gods sake
I think it was because i joined just after the pay date. So i will have to wait like a whole month to get payed. I will have to look around to find a new job.

Old April 13th, 2018, 01:11 PM   #6
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

I think it's normal for portals to charge fees when a user uses them commercially. You could, of course, switch to Instagram as a reverence portal for your portfolio as a photographer, or use Deviantart, where users are encouraged to sell their stuff.

And if you have accumulated a certain reputation there or on similar portals, it might be worthwhile to switch to more professional providers.

But just spending your time in your room because it's comfortable will not get you anywhere. Especially in the art and, in general, in the medias, it's important to be seen and noticed.

Both in virtual and in real life.

Incidentally, I agree with Elijah if your current job does not bring in a lot of money, look for a job where you can earn more.

I'm not a friend of the American attitude, saying that anything is possible, because that's often not the case, but in your case, I think you should move your butt out of your room and house more often.

Even if you apply for a job a hundred times, and the way to the job interview was a flop, you have to keep trying hunting for a job.

And by the way, you can also use these paths creatively for your future profession, the photographing.

And maybe you can get a gallery owner, or just the owner of a well-traveled business, to give you space.

My first "vernissages" I had in the caf of a well frequented bakery, in the inner entrance area of a local bank, etc.

That did not mean that I sold pictures, but people became aware of what I was doing.

And through this detour, I ran a relatively good business (for a minor^^) for almost three years, creating brochures, logos, printed promotional items, posters, etc. for private folk, clubs, and smaller, local businesses.

Some were even disappointed when I canceled my biz at the local registration office in order to focus more on my academic education ... abroad.

Necessary condition of existence is motion: without motion everything would remain the same and therefore nothing would developping.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2018, 01:41 PM   #7
benlodge123
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
I think it's normal for portals to charge fees when a user uses them commercially. You could, of course, switch to Instagram as a reverence portal for your portfolio as a photographer, or use Deviantart, where users are encouraged to sell their stuff.

And if you have accumulated a certain reputation there or on similar portals, it might be worthwhile to switch to more professional providers.

But just spending your time in your room because it's comfortable will not get you anywhere. Especially in the art and, in general, in the medias, it's important to be seen and noticed.

Both in virtual and in real life.

Incidentally, I agree with Elijah if your current job does not bring in a lot of money, look for a job where you can earn more.

I'm not a friend of the American attitude, saying that anything is possible, because that's often not the case, but in your case, I think you should move your butt out of your room and house more often.

Even if you apply for a job a hundred times, and the way to the job interview was a flop, you have to keep trying hunting for a job.

And by the way, you can also use these paths creatively for your future profession, the photographing.

And maybe you can get a gallery owner, or just the owner of a well-traveled business, to give you space.

My first "vernissages" I had in the caf of a well frequented bakery, in the inner entrance area of a local bank, etc.

That did not mean that I sold pictures, but people became aware of what I was doing.

And through this detour, I ran a relatively good business (for a minor^^) for almost three years, creating brochures, logos, printed promotional items, posters, etc. for private folk, clubs, and smaller, local businesses.

Some were even disappointed when I canceled my biz at the local registration office in order to focus more on my academic education ... abroad.

Necessary condition of existence is motion: without motion everything would remain the same and therefore nothing would developping.
Yeah it is normal for portals to charge fees, I dont have the money to pay them fees. I have instagram @benlodgephoto which get quite a few likes on.
I just want to start my own business selling photos.

Old April 13th, 2018, 07:13 PM   #8
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

I guess, according to your post, you have to actively network more.

I've networked with people from the internet that I can learn a lot from.

For example, with students who actually study design, espacially industrial and product design. Through these people, I also got in touch with freelance designers who were even willing, after a few conversations, to judge my work or even just my passion or opinions for/on design.

It turned out that I'm not as brilliant as I thought, but also not as bad ... as I felt realizing this.

At the moment, I am still a high schooler, but through college, where I attend basic design courses etc, I participate in various competitions that at least show people my potential.

From this I gained some introductions to events, symposia, discussions, etc. with people who promote the young designers. Even internships are at least in prospect.

What I mean by that is, if you want to work professionally, you need a network of contacts that will not only help you start your business but for your professional work in general.

I don't know how old you or even how networked you really are, or what you do to advance your expierience of your profession, I just wanted to show you what to do to build a good base, to work professionally later.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:59 PM   #9
aslitherofhope

aslitherofhope's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

Hey man, just know that this isn't how your life will be forever! I know you're having a hard time, I am too, just know you aren't alone in your struggles! Pick yourself up, find that motivation and push through! Don't settle for no pay, your time is precious and you deserve money in return for it! Never give up, seriously, that's the WORST thing you can do. If it's video games or something like that that you do on your computer, try and find something else that you like doing, you say you've got yourself some mates, they decent? As long as they aren't disrespectful to you about your situation! If you need people to talk to, there are plenty of them on here! If there are any other available jobs around for you that seem decent, give 'em a shot! Don't settle for anything less than you should rightfully have! Surely you have more opportunities in the job department than someone like me, who happens to be 14, seriously bro, you've got that upper hand age-wise. If I'm online when you are, feel free to message me and we can discuss stuff and try and get through these hard times, peace!
aslitherofhope is offline   Reply With Quote