Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Telling my parents?

So, I started smoking. It's a cig or two a day, sometimes none, depending on the mood. I want to tell my parents because they deserve to know with what is their nutjob son poisoning himself with. Any ways to tell them? My mom still smokes, my dad stopped, they both started in 8th grade, when they were 14-15, I started when I was 16. Also, I don't buy the cheapest cigars, you get lung cancer from those in one smoke, I buy the middle-high priced ones because they don't make you choke as soon as you draw smoke.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old May 25th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #2
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead

Typhlosion's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Re: Telling my parents?

While your mom is smoking - "pass me a drag"

Just go on as how you would treat any other serious matter.

Sorry to be the annoying guy. Every smoker, save two, that I know regret and advise against smoking.

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Old May 26th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #3
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion View Post
While your mom is smoking - "pass me a drag"

Just go on as how you would treat any other serious matter.

Sorry to be the annoying guy. Every smoker, save two, that I know regret and advise against smoking.
Ok. I think they won't freak out that much. It's not like I'm doing meth or crack, but they will be kinda upset, better that than them finding the cigaretes. If it starts going way out of hand, I will ask my parents to intervene and check if I was smoking and take action against it.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old May 26th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #4
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Ehhhh, really, it sounds like if you're close enough with your parents that you feel you ought to tell them then it will probably be a pretty easy thing to do, especially seeing as your mother still smokes. Just try to bring it up casually and try and keep calm about it.
I had no desire to tell my dad when I was smoking a bit and still don't really feel the need to, it's what I chose to do and doesn't really involve him.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
Old May 26th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #5
glad0s

glad0s's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

You can approach it anyway you like. As a smoker myself, I have never told my parents directly. I told my brother that I smoked and he told my father, and my father said "I kind of figured he did"; as far as my mother, I don't really know.

But if both of your parents have smoked, then I see no issue in telling them.
Old May 26th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glad0s View Post
You can approach it anyway you like. As a smoker myself, I have never told my parents directly. I told my brother that I smoked and he told my father, and my father said "I kind of figured he did"; as far as my mother, I don't really know.

But if both of your parents have smoked, then I see no issue in telling them.
I agree with gladOs. I started lighting my moms cigarettes about 5 by 12 (she never caught me) told me to quit stealing her cigarettes. That if I was going to smoke to buy my own and be man enough to do it front of her. So obviously I never directly told her.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Last edited by Abyssal Echo; May 26th, 2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old May 26th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #7
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Mike View Post
Ok. I think they won't freak out that much. It's not like I'm doing meth or crack, but they will be kinda upset, better that than them finding the cigaretes. If it starts going way out of hand, I will ask my parents to intervene and check if I was smoking and take action against it.
Good plan. Good luck comrade

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Old May 26th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #8
Plane And Simple
Good Life

Plane And Simple's Forum Picture

I think the fact you'll tell them makes it look like you really care for them, which is very nice. I'd say bring it up when the topic comes up, or when your parents buy cigs, just say you got something to tell them regarding smoking and just say it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooy View Post
Im still virgin
I'm not,math and physics f*** me every day.
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #9
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

UPDATE: I told my dad. He was kinda dissapointed but appreciated the fact I told him. I will tell my mom when I see her first thing. I told my dad.

Old May 31st, 2014, 04:36 PM   #10
Irishperson15
Nice Poster

Quote:
So, I started smoking. It's a cig or two a day, sometimes none, depending on the mood. I want to tell my parents because they deserve to know with what is their nutjob son poisoning himself with. Any ways to tell them? My mom still smokes, my dad stopped, they both started in 8th grade, when they were 14-15, I started when I was 16. Also, I don't buy the cheapest cigars, you get lung cancer from those in one smoke, I buy the middle-high priced ones because they don't make you choke as soon as you draw smoke.
Just because you don't buy the cheapest ones doesn't mean it's not doing you damage. You should seriously stop now before you get up to 20 a day or more.

If i agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to dis a brie?

Message if you want a chat
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:26 PM   #11
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Name: Gammy Num~Nums

Quote:

I highly recommend you QUIT asap. My aunt mendy has smoked since she was 12 , she 60 now and has a cough thats so bad she could cough up enough tar to pave a highway. He she has almost died before as well , As for telling your parents , you need to get them both in a room and have them sit and tell its that it is important that they need to listen, Start out telling them before you get mad and worked up , just remember you did this too when you were a teenager. Then tell them you're smoking and let them gasp and tell them how long and when you started , how many etc. And the rst will play out , I don't know what happens fro mthere , its up to them ... >Good luck
Old June 6th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #12
tovaris
VT Lover

tovaris's Forum Picture

Name: Maral

my advice is dont tell them STOP! Stop smoking all together. Every din is too much for sjicied, rather take a rope ang hang yourself if you wish to
die, mjsh faster and cheeper way to kill yourself.

If you find any spelling mistakes or typographical errors in my posts please report them to me immediately so that I can correct them.
For discusin go to Yugoslavia

,,ivimo kao da će sto godina biti mir, a spremajmo se kao da će sutra izbiti rat. - Josip Broz TITO
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #13
Snookers
Nice Poster

Snookers's Forum Picture

Name: ɯoɯ ɹnoʎ

I say tell them, they'll loose the trust in you if they catch you, probably

and

Both of your parents smoke(d) so it isn't something out of this planet for you to smoke, they probably know anyway.

You know, every parent has this tiny red light in their room that lights up when their kid smokes his/her first cigarette.

You should handle this situation more relaxed, don't make a big fuss about it, it's not like you're 11 or something.

Son:"Umm...mom, I have to tell you..I started smoking..."
Mom:"Thank god you told me, you better not blaze it alone again"

"
NURF CAT DROODS ok?
If i try to pow pow pow on a cat drood he TURNS INTO A BARE with MOAR HP THAN JESUS. WTF? "
Old June 13th, 2014, 03:23 AM   #14
NathansPen

Name: Jonathan

Quote:
cheap or middle-high priced cigars are both capable of giving you a lung cancer.. no matter how premium or high class cigars are, bottom line is, they are not good for the health..

on the issue of you telling your parents, why would you tell them? are you expecting that if you tell them and told you it's ok, you already have the freedom to smoke?
Old June 13th, 2014, 07:40 AM   #15
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathansPen View Post
cheap or middle-high priced cigars are both capable of giving you a lung cancer.. no matter how premium or high class cigars are, bottom line is, they are not good for the health..

on the issue of you telling your parents, why would you tell them? are you expecting that if you tell them and told you it's ok, you already have the freedom to smoke?
I told them already. It pretty much bailed me out of a really big shitstorm if they accidentally found out.

Old June 13th, 2014, 07:58 AM   #16
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee

Just thought you should know that you get long cancer from all of them, but besides me wondering why you started smoking,
I'd say yes tell your parents.
edit: I just saw you already told.
Well I don't understand why you started smoking but ok.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.

Last edited by Miserabilia; June 13th, 2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old June 13th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #17
karl
Awesome Poster

Name: Karl

So you're a big boy because you smoke! It's a mugs game. Why exactly do you smoke? When, in the future, you realise you need to stop, it will be too late and you'll just be another statistic!
Old June 13th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #18
Whight

Whight's Forum Picture

Name: Logan

Mind if I ask why you smoke?
You're clearly smart enough to know it's not good for you, so why drop down that rabbit hole?

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just genuinely curious. It's an addiction that is very difficult to get rid off.
Old June 13th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #19
TheN3rdyOutcast
Awesome Poster

Name: Willis

I think you're brave to fess up, they'll be alot less angry if you told them that you were smoking instead of them finding out.
Old November 13th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #20
MeganA
Banned

Name: Megan

I started smoking when I was 14 and I haven't told my parents... im 15 now. however I only smoke 3 cigs a day.
Closed Thread