Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 24th, 2017, 08:10 PM   #1
Excalibur

Excalibur's Forum Picture

Name: Tom
Question Tremors

Heyo. About 8 months ago I started having these little spasms throughout the day. They're a little like a shiver that you would get when you're cold; these are completely involuntary and affect my whole body. These can happen at anytime, but most of all: when I'm around friends, in public, at nighttime, or in otherwise stressful or triggering situations. It's definitely not related to temperature because I get these even when I'm burning up, just right, or freezing. I'm fairly sure it's not a tic disorder (I've done plenty of research on the topic and it doesn't sound like enough to diagnose anything), though it can happen pretty frequently and sometimes has vocal manifestations. I know I've had an anxiety disorder for years, and it kinda controls my life. But still, no article or information I've found has explained this. Does anyone else (with anxiety or not) get these, or have any insight?

~Cali
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #2
Lost in the Echo
mofo

Lost in the Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Bo
Default Re: Tremors

I know exactly what you mean. Iíve been drinking a lot ( donít. Itís not a permanent solution) to avoid it lately. But yeah, Iíve been really stressed and anxious the past month or so and Iím constantly shakey.

Iím skeptical of meds personally, but I think anxiety medication can do wonders for you.
Myself, Iím on lexapro 20mg and it has helped a ton. Iím still anxious and tense a lot, but I havenít had a single panic attack since July when I started it, and I have severe anxiety.

If you donít want medication, maybe counseling would help, but coming from someone who hates pills, it has actually helped me tremendously.
Lexapro is an awesome anti-anxiety medication if you end up getting that. And you canít overdose or get high on it.
Lost in the Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #3
benbeny

Name: Benedictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Heyo. About 8 months ago I started having these little spasms throughout the day. They're a little like a shiver that you would get when you're cold; these are completely involuntary and affect my whole body. These can happen at anytime, but most of all: when I'm around friends, in public, at nighttime, or in otherwise stressful or triggering situations. It's definitely not related to temperature because I get these even when I'm burning up, just right, or freezing. I'm fairly sure it's not a tic disorder (I've done plenty of research on the topic and it doesn't sound like enough to diagnose anything), though it can happen pretty frequently and sometimes has vocal manifestations. I know I've had an anxiety disorder for years, and it kinda controls my life. But still, no article or information I've found has explained this. Does anyone else (with anxiety or not) get these, or have any insight?
I think it is more related to epilepsy. Better check your neurologist.

A third year medical student
Feel free to PM me! I like to have new friends
benbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:22 AM   #4
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

I know what you're going on about, during a particularly tough time last year it happened quite a lot to me. I didn't really do anything about it, other than just talk it through with people and it got better within a couple of weeks. I know that's not much insight into it, but you're definitely not alone.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM ē [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon ē Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 01:08 PM   #5
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay

Yeah, I also suffer from it a bit too, when I'm particularly stressed and burned out and I haven't had a chance to relax. I tend not to get it so much when I've had a laid back day, more when I've been constantly doing school work and studying and not giving me enough time to chill out. I find that staying calm i.e. listening to good music or just taking deep breaths help a lot. Teas and water also helped me unwind when I was going through a particularly stressful time during exams earlier this year.

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 01:35 AM   #6
Chaosphere
Nice Poster

Chaosphere's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Location: Probably somewhere haunted or a secluded mountain path somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I've had a similar thing with shaking, but most of the time it only happens during panic attacks. You're normal for these disorders I should say. If you're on medication it could be a side effect of that. Some of it definitely is for me at least, hope that helps.

17, Male, Nudist, Depression and Panic Disorder/General Anxiety Disorder. Always trying to help others out with some things I've learned along the way. Feel free to ask me anything.
Chaosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 01:44 AM   #7
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Does this sound like how you feel?

http://www.activebeat.co/your-health...ms&cus_teaser=
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #8
Reezeee

Name: Reece

I get them occasionally - I call them "jolts".. they're just a symptom of your anxiety. Don't stress too much over them.

Bother me, tell me awful things. RIP LIL PEEP
Reezeee is offline   Reply With Quote