Notices

Old November 5th, 2017, 08:27 PM   #1
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Chicago

Since some people here seem so keen on discussing
Chicago in connection with gun violence they should maybe go here and not discuss this in threads with different topics.

Further info here.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 08:31 PM   #2
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth
Default Re: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
Since some people here seem so keen on discussing
Chicago in connection with gun violence they should maybe go here and not discuss this in threads with different topics.

Further info here.
One name names. Two I did it connection with the liberals agenda of saying gun control working 100% of the time, but they are dead silent why there is still gun violence in Chicago when it has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Edit: And by the way, I only brought anything up because some one was using a thread to push their liberal political agendas. So don't act like it's my fault.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 09:01 PM   #3
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
Two I did it connection with the liberals agenda of saying gun control working 100% of the time, but they are dead silent why there is still gun violence in Chicago when it has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.
I donít think any sensible person would ever say gun control and stricter gun laws will cut down gun violence to 0%. Of course it wonít. Just like how drug laws wonít cut down usage to 0%. Thatís just a fact.

However, stricter gun laws and better screening for those buying weapons or getting their license absolutely will have an affect on gun violence. You canít deny that.

So now the question is, do you want there to be less gun violence or not? Because being like ďoh well itís not gonna stop it 100% so whatís the point of it at all?Ē Is stupid imho. That just makes 0 sense

"The head may err, but never the blood.Ē
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
The point isnít to actually have the biggest penis in the world, but to carry yourself like you have the biggest penis.

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 09:05 PM   #4
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I donít think any sensible person would ever say gun control and stricter gun laws will cut down gun violence to 0%. Of course it wonít. Just like how drug laws wonít cut down usage to 0%. Thatís just a fact.

However, stricter gun laws and better screening for those buying weapons or getting their license absolutely will have an affect on gun violence. You canít deny that.

So now the question is, do you want there to be less gun violence or not? Because being like ďoh well itís not gonna stop it 100% so whatís the point of it at all?Ē Is stupid imho. That just makes 0 sense
My point was many liberals act like if you make guns illegal there will be zero problems. That's why I brought up Chicago. Chicago, the Liberals Dream City, which does have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, in the nation, also has some of the highest gun violence in America.

The city with one, if not, the highest gun control in the nation, has some of the highest gun violence in the nation. I just want someone to help explain the correlation because supporters of gun control argue stricter gun control laws will eliminate/greatly reduce gun violence, which to be fair, is not the case in Chicago.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #5
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
My point was many liberals act like if you make guns illegal there will be zero problems. That's why I brought up Chicago. Chicago, the Liberals Dream City, which does have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, in the nation, also has some of the highest gun violence in America.

The city with one, if not, the highest gun control in the nation, has some of the highest gun violence in the nation. I just want someone to help explain the correlation because supporters of gun control argue stricter gun control laws will eliminate/greatly reduce gun violence, which to be fair, is not the case in Chicago.
Iím a liberal myself and ykno I have no real problem with people owning guns. I want to own a gun myself in the future. The problem is the system of the whole thing and the people who get their hands on guns. If we revise and change the system of screening for weapon purchases, fix the police force (especially in urban cities), then we would be on our way to a better future yeah? You know you hear all these stories on the news nowadays about people walking into churches or crowds in concerts or just anything with a semi auto and just... murdering people in cold blood. And all those people obtained their guns legally, through the system, even though theyíve been on police lists or have mental disabilities. Itís fucking horrific and it needs to stop and people need to start taking action and fixing the system and fixing the screening and the police so we can stop this fuckery

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
The point isnít to actually have the biggest penis in the world, but to carry yourself like you have the biggest penis.

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old November 5th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #6
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
One name names. Two I did it connection with the liberals agenda of saying gun control working 100% of the time, but they are dead silent why there is still gun violence in Chicago when it has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Edit: And by the way, I only brought anything up because some one was using a thread to push their liberal political agendas. So don't act like it's my fault.

But it was sadly you shouting around in capital letters.
I feel that this is very disrespectful to those people who died in this horrible crime.

I honestly have no interest in discussing gun laws at all if anyone else has that wish they should do this in a proper place.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 05:09 AM   #7
Living For Love
VT Lover

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago

Quote:
I'm honestly inclined to believe in you, but it would be nice if you could present some sort of unbiased evidence to support your claim.

I also agree that people with criminal records or mental disabilities should have restrict access to guns. Not sure if any of the perpetrators of the recent incidents fit that criteria. On the other hand, I think most Americans wouldn't want to be denied constitutional rights just so that a few less people would die, and while I'm not American, that's something I can totally understand.

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 08:04 AM   #8
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living For Love View Post
I'm honestly inclined to believe in you, but it would be nice if you could present some sort of unbiased evidence to support your claim.

I also agree that people with criminal records or mental disabilities should have restrict access to guns. Not sure if any of the perpetrators of the recent incidents fit that criteria. On the other hand, I think most Americans wouldn't want to be denied constitutional rights just so that a few less people would die, and while I'm not American, that's something I can totally understand.
Did Australia not put a ban on guns and their rates in gun violence, gun related incidents, etc. Cut down a shit ton?

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old November 6th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #9
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Quote:
Did Australia not put a ban on guns and their rates in gun violence, gun related incidents, etc. Cut down a shit ton?
Not necessarily all rainbows here. Australia did experience a decline in gun-related deaths after their 1996 gun ban, but if you look at the statistics, there was already a natural decline in gun violence before the ban was enacted, and nothing indicates that their gun ban accelerated that decline.

In addition, while the Australian ban did decrease the numbers of guns, the crime rates of Australia did not decrease because of it. Homicides, for instance, have not decreased beyond the natural decline that happens in developed countries. Interestingly, the cases of of contact crimes (stabbings, assault, rape) Australia has seen basically non-existent declines since 1996, and now its rates of it is one of the highest of developed nations, even beating out the USA.

Sources:
http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/homicide.html
http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/violent%20crime.html
Assault Cases: 17 Most Developed countries
http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control...es/#note-99-13

Last edited by PlasmaHam; November 6th, 2017 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #10
Dmaxd123
Member+

looks like this is just weekend reports for chicago:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/tag/weekend-violence/

since labor day: 58 shooting deaths over 300 wounded

in response to the first 2 articles on this thread: i'm not saying Chicago is the worst city, or most dangerous city. I understand it has a large population so 350 people isn't "that" many in the grand scheme of the population of Chicago. But, it is obvious that their gun control measures really don't curb the gun violence as criminals will be criminals so modeling more laws after Chicago's laws don't do a lot.

I live in NY, we have the "wonderful" SAFE act... it is a terrible piece of crap that our worthless governor pushed through in the middle of the night! It is my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong) but if someone gets their pistol permit and decides that "hey i'm in a shitty spot in life I need to talk to someone" the therapist is required to turn them in and even if they pose no threat to others/themselves since they talked to a mental health professional they no only lose their handguns but also their long guns... now if you don't have a pistol permit you can be committed get treatment come out and go hunting with your rifles/shotguns

Chicago's system is finally coming around for the law abiding citizen
NY's system is trying to make people choose between seeking mental help or keeping their guns... not a conditional "you keep them as long as therapist and pharmacy sign off that you are doing therapy and taking appropriate meds as prescribed"

long and the short... Dem's tout Chicago/NY when it suits them so Republicans & independents will show the flaws in their systems when it suits us
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #11
tvdude17
Banned

I live in Suburban Chicago near Ohare airport. Though Chicago has the country's strictest gun control laws, It is still easy for people to go into Wisconsin or Illinois to Purchase Gun's and ammo. also Illinois is one of the many few that have something called a Firearm Owners Identification Card or F.O.I.D card for short. When you go to other states like the ones I mentioned many stores don't ask for the card you fill out the paperwork and they give you the gun.

Also in Illinois now that Marijuana is legal for medical. The State police wanted it so if you applied for the medical card you would have to give up your F.O.I.D card because its considered a mind altering substance like Alcohol.
tvdude17 is offline   Reply With Quote