Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:08 AM   #1
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick
Default Getting A Girlfriend

Ok so I'm 18, living on a university campus, and have never been in a relationship. I want to be in a relationship and I'm being really patient; definitely not forcing anything too quick. I recently moved to the campus from home and I'm starting to settle in. I'm lonely sometimes as I've made friends but theres so much school work to do that I don't often get out with them cause one of us is always busy.

My biggest problems are the following: new to talking to girls and low confidence. I have almost no experience. I am about 35 lbs over weight, so I'm working hard to get in better shape. I go to the gym everyday. To my knowledge, no girl has ever had feelings for me and it's like I've convinced myself that it won't happen.

Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:39 AM   #2
rioo
Member++

rioo's Forum Picture

Name: Rio
Default Re: Getting A Girlfriend

There lot chance you can make friend in college. Go to some park, library , classroom.
Give good first impression to someone is a cool way to get you more deep into conversation. don't push them to talking much, but let them know you more. And it would be better if you can get same interest topic. Goodluck.
rioo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 06:26 PM   #3
mick01
Great Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

It's awesome you're trying to improve your health and getting to the gym. The more you work out, the better you're feel about yourself. That means you'll have more confidence. But please keep in mind that not just skinny or ripped people fall in love. So much more goes into it than weight, so please don't let that limit your possibilities.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

I agree. I also think your confidence is the biggest thing, low self image. Change that, I think a lot will happen.

35 pounds isnt really a shit ton, you can do that, but diet is important to. Keep in mind people come in all different shapes and sizes. Hows you dress and present to people will say a lot about you. If you come across as shy, low self esteem, maybe dont dress neatly etc, people, not just girls notice that. So even if you are a bit over weight, dress well, walk with your shoulders back and looking up,eyes straight, and smile at people. Give that some time

Keep going to the gym, meet some friends, socialize, network. Youll get feed back on lots of things as time goes on. Your meeting new people. Go to a party with some classmates. See where that goes.

Itll change, trust me
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 09:41 PM   #5
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

I think that if u do lose some
weight u will gain more self
confidence. Eating less and
working out should work,
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:19 PM   #6
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Well congrats for working out and trying to get your weight in line. Now along with that you need to build up your self confidence and love yourself. Just try being more social with both the guys and girls. Maybe join a social group or hang out where others gather. Just keep up the good work and believe in yourself and you will succeed.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #7
bpk1234

bpk1234's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
It's awesome you're trying to improve your health and getting to the gym. The more you work out, the better you're feel about yourself. That means you'll have more confidence. But please keep in mind that not just skinny or ripped people fall in love. So much more goes into it than weight, so please don't let that limit your possibilities.
Excellent point man! Very well said.
bpk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 06:16 AM   #8
Fopik

Have you ever tried some online dating for this purpose? I think it is a great way to get a girlfriend these days. I have read some sugar daddy website reviews and chose a nice dating website for me. It is very fun indeed, maybe you will like it too

Last edited by Fopik; Today at 07:24 AM.
Fopik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM   #9
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fopik View Post
Have you ever tried online dating?
Just tinder

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote