Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 24th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #21
wolfbuddy
Junior Member+

wolfbuddy's Forum Picture

Name: Jonathan
Default Re: Agnosticism

Well, I don't think atheism is a religion any more than naked a clothing style or bald a hairstyle or not collecting stamps a hobby.

As for the sense, I'm an atheist and consider myself non-religious. I'd change my beliefs if I find overwhelming evidence of the existence of a god, but then I'd not be religious either because religion is a belief, and if we know there's a god then its not a belief.
wolfbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #22
SouthGeorgiaTeen

SouthGeorgiaTeen's Forum Picture

Name: Cedric

what am I if I believe that the "higher power" is just the universe? I know that it really isn't a question I just need something to direct me to more.

It would help me a lot if I were supplied with some guidance.

16, Bi, South Georgia
SouthGeorgiaTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2017, 12:13 AM   #23
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthGeorgiaTeen View Post
what am I if I believe that the "higher power" is just the universe? I know that it really isn't a question I just need something to direct me to more.

You don't believe in god, an afterlife, spirituality, souls? Only physics & science?

Are you sure you don't mean that you 'don't' believe in a "higher power", and that the universe just "is"?

You would just be an Agnostic Atheist. A Realist.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2017, 01:25 AM   #24
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthGeorgiaTeen View Post

Well, I think it would depend on how exactly you see the universe. Do you believe that there is some guiding force behind it, not necessarily a 'god', simply some force that exists out there, perhaps even being the universe itself, that organizes and guides reality? If so, then you may be a Pantheist. I'm unfortunately not really aware of much regarding Pantheism, but you might want to look it up and see for yourself.
Voice_Of_Unreason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 11:43 AM   #25
Stanley02
Banned

Name: Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
As an Agnostic, I believe that there's really no way to know if there's a higher power and afterlife or if we as humans don't have a higher power and there is no afterlife. Physically, there's no evidence of anything, and to me, while the Bible is interesting, I don't believe it. It teaches some good lessons...and some not so great ones. BUT, I believe that a lack of physical evidence doesn't mean there's no higher power. It's not all black and white like some atheists view the world. There could be so much more at play without anyone knowing anything. That's what I believe.
Agreed
Stanley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 01:10 PM   #26
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

The definition of such things is arbitrary and therefore irrelevant if you don't believe in it.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:34 PM   #27
Tom_theflash
Member++

Tom_theflash's Forum Picture

I don't believe there is any god of any type that exists period. I see no evidence for that. As far as a "higher power" goes - this phrase has become a buzz word that is losing its meaning. What exactly do people mean by a 'higher power' ? Higher than what? What kind of power are they talking about? AC, DC, Electro-magnetic? I believe there are things more powerful than myself. Who doesn't? There are many people stronger than me. A group is stronger than me, as is a town, a city, the country etc. Bacteria fighting medicines and vaccines are more powerful than me. There are lots of things greater or more powerful than myself - thats obvious. But none which are supernatural, unproven, undetectable or made up.

"It's a game of running, yet not always all out.
It's a game of passion, yet under harness and rein.
It's a game of team, of passing and sharing.
It's a game supreme, this Beautiful Game".
Tom_theflash is offline   Reply With Quote