Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 30th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #1
Mark2000
Banned

Name: Markie
Default Job corps in Rhode Island

Has anybody heard of job cores Academy in Rhode Island? That's the place where you go you get free room and board you get allowance you do not have to get a high school diploma or a GED and it's all free from the government. Now I have to get good grades to go to college. And people that go there don't even have to have a high-school diploma. Can somebody tell me how fair this is?
Mark2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 09:17 PM   #2
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Job corps in Rhode Island

I have no idea what you’re talking about (bcuz no specifics) but I looked it up and im assuming you mean it’s a vocational school (a trade school if you don’t know what that is) for little to no cost in order to help young people succeed and be prepared for a specific trade.

I don’t see how this is unfair?... I don’t know what you mean?

"The head may err, but never the blood.Ē
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie

Last edited by Sailor Mars; October 30th, 2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 09:18 PM   #3
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

I had no idea such existed until a few moments ago, but I believe I have an answer to your question. The Jobs Corps is a federally run program where low-income individuals can get free training in trade jobs. The difference between this and college, is that college offers better career choices. Trade jobs typically only get you around 50,000 dollars a year. College degrees, depending on the exact one, can more than double that.

The Job Corps is basically welfare, though I actually like the idea of the Job Corps, at least compared to other welfare offered. Unlike others, this doesn't just hand out free stuff, but give the poor the ability to survive on their own. Like the old adage of you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or teach a man to fish and he can feed himself forever.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:00 AM   #4
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I have no idea what youíre talking about (bcuz no specifics) but I looked it up and im assuming you mean itís a vocational school (a trade school if you donít know what that is) for little to no cost in order to help young people succeed and be prepared for a specific trade.

I donít see how this is unfair?... I donít know what you mean?
A agree, and personally, I think itís a good thing. Not sure what the OP is talking about but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I had no idea such existed until a few moments ago, but I believe I have an answer to your question. The Jobs Corps is a federally run program where low-income individuals can get free training in trade jobs. The difference between this and college, is that college offers better career choices. Trade jobs typically only get you around 50,000 dollars a year. College degrees, depending on the exact one, can more than double that.

The Job Corps is basically welfare, though I actually like the idea of the Job Corps, at least compared to other welfare offered. Unlike others, this doesn't just hand out free stuff, but give the poor the ability to survive on their own. Like the old adage of you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or teach a man to fish and he can feed himself forever.
Sorry bro I donít see the whole welfare idea here at all. Itís about job training. Not about how much money they can make or their socioeconomic background bro. Weíre all people. We all have purpose and feelings man. We all have our places in our world regardless of how much money we make doing it.

Or is your social status such that you create preconceived perceptions of someone who may need some help in some kinda ďwelfare systemĒ

Not trying to pick on you, maybe your choice of words bro smoother and understanding oe something?

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 08:43 AM   #5
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

I'm not quite sure what should be wrong with it.
I had no idea what it is so I googled it. I feel it looks like a good thing helping young people to have a chance in life so I don't know what kind of problem you have with it.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:23 PM   #6
Mark2000
Banned

Sir, i study till sometimes real late at night, into the morning. I am high Honors, i am going to college for Engineering. these guys are 16 to 24. Dont do crap, lazy, post videos of there dorms with people sleeping, and do musically and do pot and use the F bomb word in all there songs.
Free room and board, free clothing with a allowance.

And i found out our parents pay for this. They dont even need a High School Diploma to graduate. Sounds like LEACHES, LAZY, AND ANYONE THAT IS SCUM OF EARTH.

PLUS MIST HAVE RECORDS, i mean sent by the JUDGE.

NOW WHAT U SAY?

We dont even do this type of program for homeless, do we? Just ungreatfull law disobaying kids. Oh the one that told me about this was bullied cause he is bisexual. The dude is 16, time to put MAN PANTS ON and get over it.

Go check out Exeter Job Corps, see what they get, you look oder than 21, its your tax money rehabing these brats

This is for poverty level families abd convicts. Read before you post.

To all you people that don't believe me obviously you have not checked out job cores or especially the Exeter Job Corps in a Rhode Island. What parent takes their kids out of high school and put some in a place like this? High schools are there to educate people to get a high school diploma this place doesn't encourage High School diplomas and a 24 year olds are only there to get a GED so they can get a job which is great but dudes 16 years old and your parents send you to this place where convicts are I seen the dorm rooms I have a video of the dorm rooms it's not pretty and the younger kids get picked on all the time but their parents don't care this place is supposed to be like Mommy and Daddy but I'm sorry it's not I have a friend that's there and he wants out so bad and he can't get out so why are you siding with the school?

Posts merged. Please edit next time. ~Endeavour

Last edited by Atlantis; October 31st, 2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:41 PM   #7
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000 View Post
Sir, i study till sometimes real late at night, into the morning. I am high Honors, i am going to college for Engineering. these guys are 16 to 24. Dont do crap, lazy, post videos of there dorms with people sleeping, and do musically and do pot and use the F bomb word in all there songs.
Free room and board, free clothing with a allowance.

And i found out our parents pay for this. They dont even need a High School Diploma to graduate. Sounds like LEACHES, LAZY, AND ANYONE THAT IS SCUM OF EARTH.

PLUS MIST HAVE RECORDS, i mean sent by the JUDGE.

NOW WHAT U SAY?

We dont even do this type of program for homeless, do we? Just ungreatfull law disobaying kids. Oh the one that told me about this was bullied cause he is bisexual. The dude is 16, time to put MAN PANTS ON and get over it.

Go check out Exeter Job Corps, see what they get, you look oder than 21, its your tax money rehabing these brats

This is for poverty level families abd convicts. Read before you post.

To all you people that don't believe me obviously you have not checked out job cores or especially the Exeter Job Corps in a Rhode Island. What parent takes their kids out of high school and put some in a place like this? High schools are there to educate people to get a high school diploma this place doesn't encourage High School diplomas and a 24 year olds are only there to get a GED so they can get a job which is great but dudes 16 years old and your parents send you to this place where convicts are I seen the dorm rooms I have a video of the dorm rooms it's not pretty and the younger kids get picked on all the time but their parents don't care this place is supposed to be like Mommy and Daddy but I'm sorry it's not I have a friend that's there and he wants out so bad and he can't get out so why are you siding with the school?

Posts merged. Please edit next time. ~Endeavour
Lmao I’m so confused, you’re mad because delinquents are being educated and prepared to get a job?...

I’m an honors student, on a school team with great connections with the students and faculty and in general, a pretty good kid, and i don’t care? I’m actually happy these kids are being educated. Not everyone has the opportunity or chance to be successful and this school is allowing them to do that. As for personal connections, bullying happens pretty much everywhere, not just in that school. Bullying is prominent in boarding schools or private schools actually. But I don’t see you defending every bullied kid ever, just the ones that minorities and delinquients are picking on right?

The place requires the student to have a clean record and be drug free. Why are you picking on them because they’re poor or uneducated? A large number of this kids probably won’t go to college because of that. I don’t think they’d go to a vocational school if they did.

Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old October 31st, 2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Mark2000
Banned

Would you lije to see my proof? The video of the dorms? They are 16, sending nudes, wanna see?

I got PROOF, YOU GOT GOOGLE

Posts merged. Please use the edit button next time. ~Mars

Last edited by Sailor Mars; October 31st, 2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old October 31st, 2017, 02:35 PM   #9
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Quote:
Would you lije to see my proof? The video of the dorms? They are 16, sending nudes, wanna see?

I got PROOF, YOU GOT GOOGLE

Posts merged. Please use the edit button next time. ~Mars
Lmao implying theyíre the only ones who do that tho?...

Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old October 31st, 2017, 03:12 PM   #10
Mark2000
Banned

What is it that you guys don't understand. First, you meed high school till you graduate. RIGHT? AT EXETER YOU DONT NEED a high School Diploma ior GED. BUT YOU CAN OBTAIN IT IF YOUR NOT TOO LAZY.
SECOND you need to be poverty level, heck everyone is that.
Third, free room and board. FREE, now that your parents got rid of you they got more beer money.
Fourth, go to there website, read everything i did. They are either sent by the courts or are mentalky challenged. Or your a woose.
Fifth i am talking to my parents to start a petition to stop this free for all program. Kids that cant make it in school go here, a flunky school. Better off at a charter school.

JOB CORPS IS LAZY AND BAD

I GOT VIDER OF DORM, LOOKS LIKE THERE IS NO SUPERVISION.

Bad bad bad
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:51 PM   #11
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

@Mark2000 the only thing I donít understand is how you, can sound so prejudice against some group of people about whatever situation you think they might have been in or are in.

Seems to me people in general, and there are programs out there like this for adults from all walks of life, are entitled to make a mistake or 2 in theor life. Thatís part of growing up. Part of maturing. Sure some do have criminal records, so do I, who gives a shit? Does that mean Iím less than somoeone else, or you for that matter, because of my past or your privelidges and what you claim to be hard (or harder than me) work?

Does that make you more entitled to something that Iím not?

I got google, do t need to google the concepts, itís nothing new, and no I donít wana see your proof

Probably better if you speak to me on this topic here instead of the pm you sent me ok?

2017 VT Awards
Old October 31st, 2017, 05:42 PM   #12
Mark2000
Banned

JT, YOU BERN TO A JOB CORPS?

If you want to know about hell, ask.
Old October 31st, 2017, 06:03 PM   #13
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Quote:
JT, YOU BERN TO A JOB CORPS?

If you want to know about hell, ask.

Been to hell, they kicked me out, said I complained about it not being warm enough to much

2017 VT Awards
Old October 31st, 2017, 08:08 PM   #14
Mark2000
Banned

My friend took video of the room with 2 guys skeeoing and shirts off, will that get him expelled? And posted it.

There are quite a few places that I have just looked up on the internet in the United States that will not hire Job Corps graduates the reason is because they do not have a GED or a high school diploma. They can work there if they get a high school diploma or a GED. But job cores is to uninformed of the workforce in the United States so that's why there's always going to be animosity against people that go get a job at a job fair Center and the government spends all the money to train them but they can't get hired by other companies so that's a there is a company that once a gardener well that's all that guy is going to be or girl is it Gardener for the rest of their life they'll never be able to advance I think it's pretty sad why doesn't anybody agree with me

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time or you will be warned. ~Mars

Last edited by Sailor Mars; October 31st, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:46 AM   #15
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

I still don't see the point of the whole thread but I would like to ask you guys to keep the discussions civilised, okay? Thanks ~Dalcourt
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:11 PM   #16
Mark2000
Banned

Maybe you will understand now, read this.

To bad the staff is not there to really help solve any issues that may arise with students in a way that is condusive to learning as well as making sure all student feel safe.they are terminating students that should be there while fostering an environment of bullying.
if you want your child to be bullied angry, disrespectful and mean than this is the place for him/her. My thoughts are this, New Haven Jobs corps is a joke. My child was one with special needs and instead of the staff helping and being understanding., they blamed and did fake investigations. They allowed my child to be threatened and bullied to the point where he no longer felt safe on the campus.
I hope it gets closed down. they are terminating more students than they are helping. If your child or young adult is using drugs, being permisscous, bulling others, then this is the prefect free Jail for them.
we absolutely hated this bombed experience.they sell a good game on the tours but it nothing like it inside.

Now who wants to defend Job Corps?????
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:43 PM   #17
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Quote:
Maybe you will understand now, read this.

To bad the staff is not there to really help solve any issues that may arise with students in a way that is condusive to learning as well as making sure all student feel safe.they are terminating students that should be there while fostering an environment of bullying.
if you want your child to be bullied angry, disrespectful and mean than this is the place for him/her. My thoughts are this, New Haven Jobs corps is a joke. My child was one with special needs and instead of the staff helping and being understanding., they blamed and did fake investigations. They allowed my child to be threatened and bullied to the point where he no longer felt safe on the campus.
I hope it gets closed down. they are terminating more students than they are helping. If your child or young adult is using drugs, being permisscous, bulling others, then this is the prefect free Jail for them.
we absolutely hated this bombed experience.they sell a good game on the tours but it nothing like it inside.

Now who wants to defend Job Corps?????
Uh us staff on a teens forum donít have to do shit bout these kids cuz they are literally States or continents away n we donít give a shit ? Also, u got kids brah? What? (Questioning if ur an honors student cuz I canít read a damn thing you say)

The idea of the school is not a bad idea, even if the school itself is ďbadĒ. I fully support that type of school where they allow dropouts/uneducated or poor kids to attend because they canít go anywhere else. Thatís not the problem. What the problem COULD be (I donít know because Iím not the administration of the school) is improper funding and shitty faculty. Again tho, this particular cas (of what ur saying is even true) could just be the way itís structured.

Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old November 1st, 2017, 04:24 PM   #18
Bpalmer02

Name: Bryce

Ok, I'm confused. What's the actual question?
Bpalmer02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:34 AM   #19
Mark2000
Banned

You know the kids at your school that always get in trouble? Instead of Charter School they go here. Get job free everything, and you and i need a high school diploma. They dont. And from video i got of this x friend, its terrible what they get for free to get a job but us non troubke makers we pay fir everything. Just sucks
Old November 2nd, 2017, 06:28 AM   #20
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

And rich people can buy their kids into places you will never be able to go to even if you have the best grades. That kinda sucks,too, right?

There are black sheep everywhere and every system
can be abused but there is still no reason for attacking this particular project like thatbased on what one person said.

And since it's usually our parents who pay and not we I guess we should leave protesting it to them.