Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 4th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #21
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt
Default Re: Are we destined to fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
I have been thinking, why not try to work on space travel and strip mine barren planets and asteroids. That will postpone our destruction due to a lack of resources. Still, I think we will rather destroy eachother before that
Planets like Mars maybe not since we might need those resources if we decide to colonize the planet and mining the planet could hurt and destroy potential life on there the other planets are either to difficult or impossible to mine like in the case of Venus or too far away like the gaz giants to be profitable for now. Asteroids would be easier since a lot pass through Earth's orbit and we have the technology to do it.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:15 AM   #22
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Planets like Mars maybe not since we might need those resources if we decide to colonize the planet and mining the planet could hurt and destroy potential life on there the other planets are either to difficult or impossible to mine like in the case of Venus or too far away like the gaz giants to be profitable for now. Asteroids would be easier since a lot pass through Earth's orbit and we have the technology to do it.
Gas giants per se would be hard to mine, unless we could make a self-gravitating station, but the minerals in their moons and asteroid belts arouns them can be easily mined if we can perfect our capabilities

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 08:18 AM   #23
Just_Michael

Name: Michael

Sadly, I think we are😂
Just_Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 04:07 PM   #24
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
Gas giants per se would be hard to mine, unless we could make a self-gravitating station, but the minerals in their moons and asteroid belts arouns them can be easily mined if we can perfect our capabilities
With the moons of the Gas Giants you got the same issue than with Mars where by mining them you could contaminate or destroy what lives there and could limit our capacity to colonize them. For the Asteroid belt I don't really see the point for the near future as we already have a lot of asteroids close to Earth that would be easier and cheaper to mine.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #25
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
With the moons of the Gas Giants you got the same issue than with Mars where by mining them you could contaminate or destroy what lives there and could limit our capacity to colonize them. For the Asteroid belt I don't really see the point for the near future as we already have a lot of asteroids close to Earth that would be easier and cheaper to mine.
As far as I know, almost no moon of Saturn or Jupiter is habitable. Maybe Titan, but that's it. Make a processing station on Titan and transport the materials to Earth sounds better to me. Still, I think we went a bit of topic with these thoughts, so let's go back to it

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 09:52 PM   #26
Sword of the morning
Junior Member+

Sword of the morning's Forum Picture

Name: Pacey

I don't think all of us are destined to fall. The civilizations you listed were around for thousands of years before the fell to outside causes. We must learn from history our were doomed to repeat it. We must learn to live and not drive out other with conflicting beliefs if we are to live in civilizations and not fail. We must be able to adapt and change but still honor the past.
Sword of the morning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #27
Lillynet

Lillynet's Forum Picture

Well human race it destroy it self but i dont think we will ever go exstict . as you can see from the History whn ever an empire fall another empire was rising an took his place . So i guess in the future us as human race we will kinda destroy the planet we live but somehow we will survive and we will get better as race ( i think )
Lillynet is offline   Reply With Quote