Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 11th, 2017, 11:46 PM   #1
Freckles

Freckles's Forum Picture

Name: Nathan
Default Going To The Psych Ward

Hi guys, life has been really hard for me for the last 2 1/2 years since my dad died in Afghanistan . I've had nightmares, mood swings, worse grades, and was put on meds for depression and anxiety. My mom works now so I do the cooking for the family as well as make pizzas at a restaurant here in town. Last night I was having a bad night at work cause I was tired and some guy said that US soldiers were a bunch of pussies because if they were brave they would have disobeyed orders and stayed home. He was still there when I got off of work so I waited outside for him and when he came out I confronted him. I told him that my dad had died to protect his freedom to be disrespectful and he spit in my face. I snapped and slammed his nose into the window and broke it (his nose not the window) and beat the crap out of him. The 2 officers that came know both me and my family and worked out a deal to go for 3 day psych evaluation instead of being charged. One of them thanked me for doing it. I'm afraid I am going to have to live with these bad feelings forever. I just hope I can get my feelings under control.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #2
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: Going To The Psych Ward

The guy might have been disrespectful, still your action was disgraceful, too and I'm sure not the way your Dad wanted you to turn out.

It is good for you they let you off rather easy it could have turned out way worse, so be really grateful for that.
I would strongly advise you to work on your issues. Try to get therapy, depression meds alone can't work out such problems, try to do some sort of sport maybe to find a way to channel negative energies in a less dangerous way.

Don't let your feelings ruing your life. There will always be stupid people and you will eventually have to learn to ignore such things.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #3
Freckles

Freckles's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
The guy might have been disrespectful, still your action was disgraceful, too and I'm sure not the way your Dad wanted you to turn out.

It is good for you they let you off rather easy it could have turned out way worse, so be really grateful for that.
I would strongly advise you to work on your issues. Try to get therapy, depression meds alone can't work out such problems, try to do some sort of sport maybe to find a way to channel negative energies in a less dangerous way.

Don't let your feelings ruing your life. There will always be stupid people and you will eventually have to learn to ignore such things.
And has someone insulted someone you loved and is now dead? You wouldn't do the same? I'm sure you haven't been mentally tortured for months without an escape. I am getting therapy. What I did isn't me at all. Those here who know me know that.
Old November 12th, 2017, 12:39 AM   #4
Lost in the Echo
Banned

Name: Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
And has someone insulted someone you loved and is now dead? You wouldn't do the same? I'm sure you haven't been mentally tortured for months without an escape. I am getting therapy. What I did isn't me at all. Those here who know me know that.
I can understand 100% where youíre coming from. Sounds like a disrespectful little prick to talk as much shit as he did and on top of that spit in your face. Thatís bullshit.
Part of me is proud of you for fucking this punk bitch up ( who honestly did deserve it ).
But yeah in the heat of the moment next time, just let this incident be a lesson to just cool down for a bit before acting on instinct and doing something youíll regret, because you might not catch a break next time. Just something to think about.
Btw sorry about your dad, man. It really does hurt a ton losing a parent.

Best of luck to you
Lost in the Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 12:40 AM   #5
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Well from what you posted that person talked about soldiers in general not your father in particular.
I understand that you grief and all but this just isn't an excuse for physically attacking other people.
I don't think your father would have wanted you to end up in jail for assaulting someone one day but this is were you are heading if you don't change your attitude.

It might be hard, it might be a long way, it might need a lot of work from your side and it needs therapy and help from the outside.

There are many war veterans suffering from PTS...they have to work hard to overcome what they endured and saw. There are tons of other people having had traumatic experiences...everyone has to work hard to overcome them if they want to stay part of society.

I have my own bunch of bad things in my life, too but I understand that lashing out on others doesn't help it at all. I have to work for my own happiness and peace of mind and can't just go around attack people who somehow might trigger me.

You say what happened wasn't you and people who know you will understand...well I'm sorry to tell you it was you that smashed that guys nose a cuz he said something you didn't like. So basically this anger and violent behaviour is in you, no matter what you might say.

I may sound harsh but I know a great deal of people with similar issues like you. I met them during therapy after I tried to commit suicide. Some of them work hard to find their way back but a great deal of them just goes down a dangerous path with drug and violence issues.

So as I said before glad they didn't lock you up and work hard to overcome your issues. I don't think you want to add to your Mom's hardships by ending up a juvenile delinquent.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 01:06 AM   #6
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

This isnít an easy post for you
And the resolve is not any easier

Your dads a hero bro no doubt bro, nobody hereís gonna take that from you or him
Your dad did his job, with honor, and paid the ultimate sacrifice so we all can be free
What he leaves behind, unfortunately is you, Mom n your sister to figure shit out
Not easy

You think Dad would wana look down and see you doing what you did?
Maybe, wouldnít be surprised if he was proud. You did the right thing

But for the right reasons?

From my perspective, and me and you have talked right?
You need some control bro
Just canít go off like that
I understand where your coming from...but beating someone isnít the resolve bro,trust me on that.

Anyways while your in the psych hospital, if you wana talk, hit me up, been there can probably help you out some
If you wana talk

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 02:16 AM   #7
BlackParadePixie
VT Lover

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
yeah, I disagree. Nobody would get away with slandering a member of my family in that way, especially not a dead one.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:45 AM   #8
Uniquemind
VT Lover

The short of it is, the world is a messed up place with conflicting points of view.

What those comments implied were that "a fallen soldiers family" wouldn't suffer or be in the position of grieving, if they chosen a different profession.

The above is an overly simplistic view of the world, and the ignorance upsets me greatly.

It carries the tone that, we wouldn't want a peaceful world or a world where we don't need soldiers or law enforcement. But the reality is we don't yet live in a world where that is reality, so we have to ironically embrace physical force as a way to defend national resources and ideals.

To an extent, we should be wary and observant towards when the military is overused and abused by those in power, to then benefit the corporations, or seed new conflicts down the timeline of history.

But the military is necessary and those who serve as well as their families deserve respect and understanding of what they give for the rest of us.

---

Sorry for your loss. Grieve, let it out, but honor your father by becoming something with your life.

Those with offensive points of view will always exist, but it's impractical to beat it out of everyone.

Last edited by Uniquemind; November 13th, 2017 at 05:51 AM.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #9
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I am glad that you worked out something with the broken nose. I think I may have confronted a guy like him too. I hate to see our soldiers, veterans and fallen soldiers disrespected ever. They all deserve our greatest respect and honor for their service. I am very sad for your loss. You need to still seek help and stay on your meds and try control your anger. You are doing so much taking over at home and doing things. You have my sympathy and utmost respect.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 11:19 PM   #10
Freckles

Freckles's Forum Picture

I was diagnosed with PTSD because of the nightmares, mood swings and sudden loss of control. I was led to a group of kids who have lost parents in the war which has helped me a lot already. They suggested quitting my job for now and concentrating on things that make me happy. I'm going back to volunteering for the animal rescue league and play with animals. I'm also going back to singing which brings me the most joy. I want to give a shout out to my friend Just JT for all the help he's given me through the years. I will get over this in the end.

Last edited by Freckles; November 16th, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:26 PM   #11
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

@Freckels PTSD is no joke. People think sometimes itís something vets have, or victims of other types of domestic violence or rape or something. But trauma is what itís about. And thatís different for everyone. Been there, have the same diagnose bro

Take the advise, and take all the time you need, enjoy the animals, they need love to, we all do

Glad youíre doin better

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote