Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 9th, 2017, 12:37 AM   #1
SallyWinters

Name: Sally
Default Am I interfering too much into her life?

Is it really fine to advice your elders?

I have an older sister. She is 3 years elder to me. She has been facing the difficulty of nearsightedness from a very young age. Now that she has reached her 20's, I've been advising her to do a lasik surgery which I believe she is perfectly eligible for. She is also not the kind of person who would get scared of doctors of medicines. Yet, she is not ready to do it just because I've been suggesting her to do so.

Seriously speaking, glasses do not suit her face at all and that is one reason I've been wanting her to do this surgery. Those glasses are quite the reason she is away from being popular among the opposite gender. But then she is so stubborn. I have even found this clinic where she could get her lasik eye surgery from. As she stays in Hawaii, I even did a bit of research online to find this clinic and it seems perfectly fine for her. But I really don't know just how to convince her for it.

At times I feel, am I being too nosy into her life? Should I be even pushing her to do this surgery? But I really do care about her.

What do you think I should do?
SallyWinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:24 PM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: Am I interfering too much into her life?

U cant force her to do anything if she
doesn't want to but u can tell her that
since u r her Sis that u hope she would
listen and think about having the work
done. U care too much for her-but
maybe she is comfortable in the way she
looks and she is not listening to u because
u might b meddling. Just don't keep making
demands.
ska8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:32 PM   #3
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

Your sister is now aware with ur opinion on her medical issue. There isn't any reason to keep bringing it up. It has to be her decision. Just be supportive of whatever she decides.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You have given her the information and your opinion. Lasik surgery is very expensive also and not covered by insurance. It costs around $1000.00 per eye. Now it is up to her what she wants to do. That's about all you can do here.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #5
dancedreamergirl
Banned

dancedreamergirl's Forum Picture

Name: Emily

Yeah, whether she gets eye surgery or not is really none of your business. That's her personal decision; it's her life. Your role as her sister is to offer love and support. You can say, "Have you though about eye surgery?" but beyond that, it's really none of your business.
dancedreamergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 05:04 PM   #6
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_n5 View Post
You have given her the information and your opinion. Lasik surgery is very expensive also and not covered by insurance. It costs around $1000.00 per eye. Now it is up to her what she wants to do. That's about all you can do here.
not only is it not covered, but you hear some weird stories and warnings sometimes about it. OP, I know you are trying to do a good thing for your sister. You are trying to do what you think is best for her. At the end of the day though, she has to make that decision for herself. I would understand why a lot of people would not want to do the surgery. I am not sure I would want to do the surgery even if I had the money to do it. I am not trying to make you feel bad in anyway, you were trying to be helpful. that being said, you said your peace, I would personally now let it be. let her make that decision what she wants to do (whether new glasses or whatever on her own). someone is going to find her beautiful regardless. It is not that your interfering too much, but there is no point in trying to continually persuade her, esp if she says she doesn't want to do it or even if she is just thinking about it.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote