Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 19th, 2017, 10:33 PM   #1
jacob.neruda

Name: Jacob
Default Embarrassing question

Since I entered puberty around two years ago, I have noticed that whenever I have to get a suppository, an enema, or a rectal temperature sometimes I get an erection. It is so embarrassing. Does this happen with anyone else? And is there anything I can do to fix it?

I know it's a natural response to anal stimulation, and my mum says she doesn't mind (she's a doctor and says it happens all the time), it's still embarrassing, especially in such a prone position...
jacob.neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:08 AM   #2
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie
Default Re: Embarrassing question

I am 18 and have never had my temperature taken rectally that I am aware of. I have also never had a suppository or enema either. Why did you have these done if I may ask?

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:45 AM   #3
jacob.neruda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_n5 View Post
I am 18 and have never had my temperature taken rectally that I am aware of. I have also never had a suppository or enema either. Why did you have these done if I may ask?

I suffer from recurring constipation due to a medical disorder. I should have clarified this in my first post.

The suppositories etc are not avoidable: my family understands that I need them. And the alternative would be worse. The erections, even though they are a normal biological response, embarrass me greatly and I wish I could help them go away.

I'm not embarrassed by the procedures themselves: both my parents are doctors and are always respectful, and I see it as another opportunity to put into practice my naturist principles of becoming less modest and less ashamed of my body. An anus is just an anus, and I see no reason why anyone should be ashamed of it when they're receiving medical treatment.

It is more the erections that embarrass me. I know that they're normal and not at all connected to my personal sexual attractions (though some people out there probably do find sexual pleasure in what I described). But it feels embarrassing to not be able to control myself.

Last edited by jacob.neruda; September 20th, 2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Clarified
Old September 20th, 2017, 02:32 AM   #4
weekend
Member+

weekend's Forum Picture

i get semi-erect instantly when something (pinky size or bigger) goes in my ass. every time.

sorry, don't know what to tell you bud
weekend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:05 AM   #5
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

U said it urself "a natural response".
Its something that just happens that
u cant control. I'm sure u get aroused
at home and not in public in a medical
way-so I don't c y it would embarrass u.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 08:55 AM   #6
mick01
Great Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

In an earlier post yesterday, you wrote that getting an erection "is entirely natural and biological and will go away after a little while." And you say your mom says its no big deal and happens all the time.
So, both you and your mom say getting erections is natural. I'm not sure why you would think something so natural would be embarrassing.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 09:09 AM   #7
jacob.neruda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
In an earlier post yesterday, you wrote that getting an erection "is entirely natural and biological and will go away after a little while." And you say your mom says its no big deal and happens all the time.
So, both you and your mom say getting erections is natural. I'm not sure why you would think something so natural would be embarrassing.
As much as I'd like to be, I'm still influenced by society's taboos and expectations.

An erection during these suppositories etc is not something I can control, and I shouldn't be judged for it: and I am not. It's true, what I said: my mum is a GP, and often has to do genital/rectal exams on men and women; and she says it's common that it causes people to become aroused.

For goodness' sake, babies can get erections before they can can even comprehend the idea of sex. She (and my father, but normally mum gives the medicine) is enlightened enough to realise that the biological act of getting an erection does not mean that a person is necessarily sexually aroused in their mind.

In the olden days, people used to believe that if a rape victim orgasmed during sex, then she 'enjoyed' it and therefore 'wanted it'. How ridiculous this seems now. The mind can be completely repulsed against its stimuli (or in my case, basically indifferent -- like I said, just a medical procedure) and yet powerless against its effects.

So, I do not feel ashamed or embarrassed -- at least, in my logical mind, I know I shouldn't. It's a legitimate medical procedure for a legitimate medical problem. Why would I be ashamed?

Yet, in my illogical mind, I am ashamed. It makes no sense: that I can be thinking both things at once which completely contradict each other. Yet, here I am.

There is a definite disconnect between how I would like to be and how I am. And this doesn't only reveal itself in this little case study above.

For instance, I'm against clothing, yet I'd be uncomfortable walking around naked while everyone around me was clothed (contrary to some people's perceptions, naturism is not the same as exhibitionism). I'm against society's expectations of our bodies, yet I spend time every day grooming myself and exercising. And I don't believe that gender as a social construct is somehow inherent to our biological sex, yet I've always felt secure in myself as a man, my sex does match my gender, and have never wished to be a woman.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Undoubtedly. But we all are, I suppose.

Last edited by jacob.neruda; September 20th, 2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #8
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Even with your afflictions you are still a young teen going through puberty. As you know we all get these unexpected and sometimes unwanted erections. It is a natural part of puberty and there is little we can do about it. There can be other triggers for some people like yours and some guys being naked around others triggers erections and so forth. It is just one of those dumb things that we have to try and put up with. If there were any simple solutions your parents being doctors I am sure would know what to do about them.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #9
chloe12

Name: Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob.neruda View Post
Since I entered puberty around two years ago, I have noticed that whenever I have to get a suppository, an enema, or a rectal temperature sometimes I get an erection. It is so embarrassing. Does this happen with anyone else? And is there anything I can do to fix it?

I know it's a natural response to anal stimulation, and my mum says she doesn't mind (she's a doctor and says it happens all the time), it's still embarrassing, especially in such a prone position...
Hi Jacob,

I think we're probably the only one on here to still get medication up the bum, haha. It's sort of weird that no-one else gets it that way, as it's the most healthy and easy way, especially if you get constipated.

I know what you mean, how it can feel arousing -- I can't stop myself from getting wet, every time -- but I just try to make it less obvious. Doubtlessly, it is more difficult for guys to hide their arousal. Perhaps you should come to terms with the fact that it's entirely natural that it can turn you on and just accept it. The anus and prostate have a lot of nerve endings in guys and are often compared to the G-spot in women -- what is turning you on is that essentially receiving the medication is like anal masturbation.

Hope you can find some sort of peace or solution. Chloe.
chloe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:00 PM   #10
scott2002
Nice Poster

scott2002's Forum Picture

Name: Scott

Unless you have other health problems that you haven't told us about, I would think if you regularly need suppositories or enemas that either of your parents could show you how to do them yourself so you could do these things in privacy alone. That way, if you got erect you'd be the only one who would see it.
And I did a Google search about the need to check temperatures rectally and unless a person is unconscious or otherwise unable to hold a thermometer in their mouth, there would be no reason to have to check it back there "where the sun don't shine".
scott2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 06:41 PM   #11
Anniebanannie
Member++

Anniebanannie's Forum Picture

Name: Annie

Jacob, I think you're trying to be too consistent. People are contradictory. So think more about why it embarrasses you even though you know that it is as involuntary as your foot falling asleep.

I'm having a great time here. I'm open to chat, too.
Anniebanannie is offline   Reply With Quote