Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 27th, 2017, 12:58 AM   #1
Sevun
Junior Member+

Name: Jeffrey
Default How To Get Broader Shoulders

Any recommended sports, exercises, foods to eat for broader, wider shoulders?
Is posture important?
Thanks all!

Last edited by Sevun; September 27th, 2017 at 01:01 AM.
Sevun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:31 PM   #2
Sevun
Junior Member+

Default Re: How To Get Broader Shoulders

Ah, please reply!
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:48 PM   #3
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Posture is important, even regularly. However I'd recommend strength training and isolation exercises for your shoulders. Some body weight exercises EXCELLENT for shoulders: Pull ups, push ups, negatives. Some weight exercises good for shoulders: Military/overhead presses, pull downs, bent over rows

Some of these work shoulders and backs, which go one in one with each other. You want to make sure you work out evenly, you can't just work shoulders and expect to become stronger.

For food, just eat clean and focus on good carbs, protein, and low fats nothing specifically is going to give you broad shoulders but if you eat light before a workout, heavy protein after a workout, stay hydrated, and get good rest, you'll be good

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
The point isnt to actually have the biggest penis in the world, but to carry yourself like you have the biggest penis.

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #4
swimjoey1
Member++

Name: Joey

Swimming will give you board shoulders. You ever see Micheal phelps.
swimjoey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 07:42 AM   #5
Sevun
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Posture is important, even regularly. However I'd recommend strength training and isolation exercises for your shoulders. Some body weight exercises EXCELLENT for shoulders: Pull ups, push ups, negatives. Some weight exercises good for shoulders: Military/overhead presses, pull downs, bent over rows

Some of these work shoulders and backs, which go one in one with each other. You want to make sure you work out evenly, you can't just work shoulders and expect to become stronger.

For food, just eat clean and focus on good carbs, protein, and low fats nothing specifically is going to give you broad shoulders but if you eat light before a workout, heavy protein after a workout, stay hydrated, and get good rest, you'll be good
I've heard lateral raises or something (it's like a cord connected to weights and you pull it to build your delts) are good. Thoughts?
Edit: It's called a cable machine ah, but lateral raises can be good too from what I've heard.
Old October 1st, 2017, 09:54 AM   #6
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevun View Post
I've heard lateral raises or something (it's like a cord connected to weights and you pull it to build your delts) are good. Thoughts?
Edit: It's called a cable machine ah, but lateral raises can be good too from what I've heard.
Very good for back and shoulders I think I said pull downs? Which is the same thing, or what I was thinking of, woops

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
The point isnt to actually have the biggest penis in the world, but to carry yourself like you have the biggest penis.

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:23 AM   #7
Sevun
Junior Member+

Quote:
Very good for back and shoulders I think I said pull downs? Which is the same thing, or what I was thinking of, woops

Ah right, sorry! Thanks for your advice
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:49 AM   #8
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Ah right, sorry! Thanks for your advice
Np! If u need more advice just hmu Ill help as best I can

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old October 6th, 2017, 09:57 PM   #9
Sevun
Junior Member+

Quote:
Np! If u need more advice just hmu Ill help as best I can
Do you have any other suggestions for sports (other than swimming) which may work back/shoulders?

This question also to everyone else!
Thanks for the feedback so far :p
Old October 6th, 2017, 10:02 PM   #10
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Do you have any other suggestions for sports (other than swimming) which may work back/shoulders?

This question also to everyone else!
Thanks for the feedback so far :p
Well, it's pretty much anything that has to do with upper body strength. Wrestling or grappling sports, contact sports such as rugby or football... even baseball could work on your back and shoulders. I can look into it a bit more if you'd like to give you more specifics Off the top of my head I can't give anything too specific, mostly cuz I only play volleyball and do some Muay Thai haha. Sorry.

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:10 AM   #11
Sevun
Junior Member+

Quote:
Well, it's pretty much anything that has to do with upper body strength. Wrestling or grappling sports, contact sports such as rugby or football... even baseball could work on your back and shoulders. I can look into it a bit more if you'd like to give you more specifics Off the top of my head I can't give anything too specific, mostly cuz I only play volleyball and do some Muay Thai haha. Sorry.
Ahaha nah, that's cool. Playing volleyball sounds so fun!

My parents would never allow me to play contact sports (and I'm basically a stick either way), so I play tennis rather.
If you had a deeper look, that would actually be great! Thanks man!
Old October 7th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #12
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Ahaha nah, that's cool. Playing volleyball sounds so fun!

My parents would never allow me to play contact sports (and I'm basically a stick either way), so I play tennis rather.
If you had a deeper look, that would actually be great! Thanks man!
Tennis is great for shoulders and back! Just like baseball or softball, it works your upper body and shoulders via the swinging motions and the strength put into hitting the ball.

For the most part, sports are great for cardio and toning. It will help you lose fat and help the look of your body. Strength training is where you go to actually build strength and muscle

Some sports and activities that I did find, which you might be interested in:

- Swimming and rowing : Both of these things are fantastic for great upper body strength and shoulder work.

- Bouldering and Rock Climbing : I can't describe 1. How much fun bouldering is, and 2. How tough it is on your shoulders, arms, and back. It's difficult, but easy to get into. I'd say the only issue is finding a good gym to do it at

- Baseball and Softball : Like I said early, due to the excess of motions using the arms and upper body, these sports are great for shoulders and overall strength

- Gymnastics : It's common for things like gymnastics and even dance to be overlooked as sports, but these activities ESPECIALLY require upper body strength and balance. Not only that, but it will help on your overall flexibility, posture, etc.

- Boxing and Fighting Sports : Just because you're going into boxing or another fighting style doesn't mean that you have to actually fight people. Boxing especially works your arms and shoulders (and so does padholding!). It's pretty easy to get into and not only will it help you build your shoulders and back and arms, but it will help you learn self defense for a worst case scenario

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~

Last edited by Mars; October 7th, 2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old October 7th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #13
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

@Mars gave some awesome advise!!
I've always been in pretty good shape, or so I thought. Ran a lot, lots of swimming to. Last November I tore my rotator cuff. Had surgery in January, and like 10 months of physical therapy and conditioning. And that's where I realized I wasn't as good a shape as I thought. But still pretty good

There's lots of really good weight machines that use pulleys belts etc. some mentioned, and some I don't even know the name of that I've been doing a lot since conditioning started. Now I joined the YMCA, and use that gym. I've notice my shoulders are a lot more broad than they ever were. I'm stronger than I ever was.

The thing to keep in mind is it's a slow process, and exercise is only a pert of it. Diet and rest are also really important. Protein, carbs, all good, but also should be taken in at the optimum times to. Like carbs just before or just after a hard work out. Things like that. Sleep, you'll need sleep. To rejuvenate yourself.

When working out, and pushing yourself, your basically stretching your muscles. A little at a time. They'll be sore, and they need rest.

I'd focus more of a full body than just shoulders. If you focus on just one part of your body that section will develop, and the rest won't, and will look weird.

Every workout should include some cardio. Treadmill, bike, whatever, for maybe just 10-15 mins. Get a good ole sweat going. Then focus on one body area. Maybe one day do legs, next day core, then the third day is upper body. This is what I do.

It's a commitment on your part. And it's pretty much every day, 1 hour or so. It's not like, several hours going crazy. But should be a 1 hour solid good sweaty workout. It'll all start to fall into place after just a few weeks

And watch your weight to!!
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 01:41 AM   #14
Sevun
Junior Member+

Quote:
Tennis is great for shoulders and back! Just like baseball or softball, it works your upper body and shoulders via the swinging motions and the strength put into hitting the ball.

For the most part, sports are great for cardio and toning. It will help you lose fat and help the look of your body. Strength training is where you go to actually build strength and muscle

Some sports and activities that I did find, which you might be interested in:

- Swimming and rowing : Both of these things are fantastic for great upper body strength and shoulder work.

- Bouldering and Rock Climbing : I can't describe 1. How much fun bouldering is, and 2. How tough it is on your shoulders, arms, and back. It's difficult, but easy to get into. I'd say the only issue is finding a good gym to do it at

- Baseball and Softball : Like I said early, due to the excess of motions using the arms and upper body, these sports are great for shoulders and overall strength

- Gymnastics : It's common for things like gymnastics and even dance to be overlooked as sports, but these activities ESPECIALLY require upper body strength and balance. Not only that, but it will help on your overall flexibility, posture, etc.

- Boxing and Fighting Sports : Just because you're going into boxing or another fighting style doesn't mean that you have to actually fight people. Boxing especially works your arms and shoulders (and so does padholding!). It's pretty easy to get into and not only will it help you build your shoulders and back and arms, but it will help you learn self defense for a worst case scenario
Bro, thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
@Mars gave some awesome advise!!
I've always been in pretty good shape, or so I thought. Ran a lot, lots of swimming to. Last November I tore my rotator cuff. Had surgery in January, and like 10 months of physical therapy and conditioning. And that's where I realized I wasn't as good a shape as I thought. But still pretty good

There's lots of really good weight machines that use pulleys belts etc. some mentioned, and some I don't even know the name of that I've been doing a lot since conditioning started. Now I joined the YMCA, and use that gym. I've notice my shoulders are a lot more broad than they ever were. I'm stronger than I ever was.

The thing to keep in mind is it's a slow process, and exercise is only a pert of it. Diet and rest are also really important. Protein, carbs, all good, but also should be taken in at the optimum times to. Like carbs just before or just after a hard work out. Things like that. Sleep, you'll need sleep. To rejuvenate yourself.

When working out, and pushing yourself, your basically stretching your muscles. A little at a time. They'll be sore, and they need rest.

I'd focus more of a full body than just shoulders. If you focus on just one part of your body that section will develop, and the rest won't, and will look weird.

Every workout should include some cardio. Treadmill, bike, whatever, for maybe just 10-15 mins. Get a good ole sweat going. Then focus on one body area. Maybe one day do legs, next day core, then the third day is upper body. This is what I do.

It's a commitment on your part. And it's pretty much every day, 1 hour or so. It's not like, several hours going crazy. But should be a 1 hour solid good sweaty workout. It'll all start to fall into place after just a few weeks

And watch your weight to!!
Oh damn, bad luck with the cuff. I will target the full body than just shoulders because that could turn out a bit funny lol. Thanks for sharing your advice JT
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:22 AM   #15
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Bro, thanks so much!

Oh damn, bad luck with the cuff. I will target the full body than just shoulders because that could turn out a bit funny lol. Thanks for sharing your advice JT
No problem at all! N yeah remember to work out your body evenly, eat healthy (you're allowed cheat days/cheat moments, don't worry if u fuck up a little haha), and sleep enough You CAN specify and work a part of your body more than others, like your shoulder, but don't ONLY workout your shoulders because then you'll never see results. This is because the rest of your body will be too weak to keep up with what you're doing!

Good luck w finding what you wanna do and getting gains Feel free to hmu in VMs! I wanna see how you progress n stuff!

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~