Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:26 AM   #1
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Shooting

First of all, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Shooting or marksmanship is a valid sport in many countries, including my own.

So yesterday I was at the shooting range, rented out an over/under 12-gauge shotgun and shot two boxes of shells, about 50 of them. The targets were flying discs which came from many directions at varrying speeds. It was pretty exciting to shoot, and I consider maybe taking a career in sport shooting. So, does anyone of you "practice" this sport? What can you tell me?

PS. If you want to see the gun I shot, I found the picture of the model

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 09:21 AM   #2
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Shooting

You were probably shooting skeet or trap. Its to simulate real birds flying overhead to practice hunting. A 12guage is a common hunding gun for bird and deer.

Ive shot sleet with my dad before he died,but not since. Ive also shot some handguns in target shooting on a fairly regular with my current dad. Hes really into handguns and had taught me a lot about them. Mostly safety stuff obviously, that I didnt know before.

Do you plan to hunt?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM   #3
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

I shot handguns and shotguns before, a few times a year at the range. Most of my "shooting" is done with by recurve bow or crossbow. I've actually considered doing competitive shooting at one time, but the time and money spent on it would have been too much for me. Nowadays I just shoot for hunting or an occasional hobby.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 02:36 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I shot handguns and shotguns before, a few times a year at the range. Most of my "shooting" is done with by recurve bow or crossbow. I've actually considered doing competitive shooting at one time, but the time and money spent on it would have been too much for me. Nowadays I just shoot for hunting or an occasional hobby.
Its expensive, but if you reload your own ammo you can keep that down some. But will cost you to get set up to
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

I’d love to take up shooting or archery as a hobby. Guns are amazing pieces of machinery, and since I love the outdoors so much and camping so much, I’d like to learn how to hunt and what not.

I know many people do competitive and speed shooting which is... pretty impressive lol

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:47 PM   #6
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

I've shot a handgun before, at the range. Guns are loud.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:52 PM   #7
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
It cost me 35$ to go to the range and take 50 shots at flying discs. In Serb standards it's a thing to be enjoyed once or twice a month. 10$ went on renting the gun since I don't posses mine. If it interests me, I might consider going for a license to own a firearm, since age is not constraining me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Its expensive, but if you reload your own ammo you can keep that down some. But will cost you to get set up to
Geting a reloading license here and the whole setup costs so much in time and money that it can take years, or even decades before it starts paying for itself. What I see myself doing is shooting a bit more and if it really interests me, getting a small calibre rifle. A sporting rifle shooting small and cheap cartridges like the .22 short or .22 long rifle. You can plink hundreds of them at the range and have both a healthy shoulder and wallet. I might "treat" myself to some other gun every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Id love to take up shooting or archery as a hobby. Guns are amazing pieces of machinery, and since I love the outdoors so much and camping so much, Id like to learn how to hunt and what not.

I know many people do competitive and speed shooting which is... pretty impressive lol
While archery never interested me, I have a lot of respect for professional archers. Just keeping the string pulled all the way on professional bows requires a lot of strength, while hitting a distant or moving target requires skill. I hit 30% of the moving targets on the range, most of which were either slow or moving upwards. It was difficult to predict their trajectory, even though they were like 50-70 feet away.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 10:35 PM   #8
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

I do target shooting with handguns as a hobby and I go hunting a lot.
I like shooting and I'm pretty good at it and I love my guns. Esp. my hunting rifle which was insanely expensive.

Never really thought of doing that shooting thing as anything besides a hobby. As a real sport I guess it would take up way too much time practicing and all.
But yeah it's a pretty cool sport.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 04:39 PM   #9
MeganA
Banned

Name: Megan

I haven't ever shot a gun before.
MeganA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #10
Falcons_11
Awesome Poster

I have shot pistols and rifles when I visited my granddad's ranch in Texas. My granddad and 2 uncles do a lot of hunting. It's a sport for them. I have only gone hunting for quail and ducks.
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote