Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 25th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #21
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt
Default Re: Trump encourages NFL to fire national anthem protesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmj77 View Post
Read the original post on this thread, I updated it.

He violated 18 U.S. Code § 227 by trying to influence a private entities' employment decisions.
Oh that's right, I was just asking since they are so many laws he broke.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:44 PM   #22
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Oh that's right, I was just asking since they are so many laws he broke.
I'm certainly not a Donald Trump supporter either. But this is the only time that I can recall, where I've been able to point to a specific law and say without a doubt "Yup. He broke that."

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #23
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
I'm certainly not a Donald Trump supporter either. But this is the only time that I can recall, where I've been able to point to a specific law and say without a doubt "Yup. He broke that."
Sexual assault and fraud

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 25th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #24
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Sexual assault and fraud
He bragged about his 'ability' to grab Women "by the pussy, 'cause when you're a star they just let you do it." So while it's completely unethical, it's sadly not a confession to sexual assault.

What instance of fraud are you referring to?

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Last edited by maddogmj77; September 25th, 2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old September 25th, 2017, 09:24 PM   #25
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
He bragged about his 'ability' to grab Women "by the pussy, 'cause when you're a star they just let you do it." So while it's completely unethical, it's sadly not a confession to sexual assault.
They are still 12 women who said were groped by Trump.

Quote:
What instance of fraud are you referring to?
Trump University

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 27th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #26
Dmaxd123
Member+

Quote:
They are still 12 women who said were groped by Trump.

Trump University

now wait a minute: we can't complain about Trump groping women but condone the NFL in the same thread

Trump may or may not have groped anyone... quite a few NFL players have been charged and found guilty of abusing women

as far as the Trump University... if you were dumb enough to pay into that it's not my fault, just like half of the other "as seen on TV' things or about 1/2 of the online colleges
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 07:04 PM   #27
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
now wait a minute: we can't complain about Trump groping women but condone the NFL in the same thread

Trump may or may not have groped anyone... quite a few NFL players have been charged and found guilty of abusing women.
I don't condone NFL players who abuse Women. But this has 'nothing' to do with that.
Here's a quote from me I believe you might have missed:
Quote:
He could have used his presidency to attack NFL players who abuse Women, rape Women, but then get lenient sentences and are able to play again.
But he's okay with people abusing Women: "grab em' by the pussy." He's not okay with Black people peacefully protesting...

Quote:
as far as the Trump University... if you were dumb enough to pay into that it's not my fault, just like half of the other "as seen on TV' things or about 1/2 of the online colleges
So advertisers should able to claim whatever they want, even if it's a lie, and make off with all the money? That's called false-advertising, it's a crime. Trump ended up shelling out $25 million dollars in settlement claims.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38021820
People need to be held accountable for their actions. Especially scamming people out of their money.

Why should we lower the standard for The President Of The United States, and say: "It's okay that he scammed people out of money, it's the victim's fault"

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Last edited by maddogmj77; September 27th, 2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:56 AM   #28
mattsmith48
VT Lover

People need to remember what the players where protesting in the first place, the murdering of unarmed black people by police officers.

Quote:

Trump may or may not have groped anyone... quite a few NFL players have been charged and found guilty of abusing women
They are both bad, one is worse than the other, but it doesn't change that what Trump did to those women and then bragged about it is inexcusable.

Quote:
It's like saying the people who believed what he said during the campaign deserve to die because they lost their health care and they can't get treatment for the infection they from a dark alley abortion they had to get because of fetal lead poisoning. People being dumb enough to believing Trump's fake university is going to make them rich doesn't change that it is a crime.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 30th, 2017, 06:24 AM   #29
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Need I remind you that Antifa does the same thing with anyone they percieve as a racist white supremacist, but yeah, that is okay I guess.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 – 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:23 AM   #30
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
Need I remind you that Antifa does the same thing with anyone they percieve as a racist white supremacist, but yeah, that is okay I guess.
Uhm, did I say 'ANYTHING' about Antifa? Why do you bring them up? Are you assuming I support them? Because I don't.

You're using a logical fallacy called Guilt by Association.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Old October 1st, 2017, 04:35 AM   #31
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Uhm, did I say 'ANYTHING' about Antifa? Why do you bring them up? Are you assuming I support them? Because I don't.

You're using a logical fallacy called Guilt by Association.
No but I see no one bashing them when they publicly demand someone lose their job just because they don't like them.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old October 1st, 2017, 04:41 AM   #32
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
No but I see no one bashing them when they publicly demand someone lose their job just because they don't like them.
Well then maybe you don't read enough conservative US news coverage. Cuz then you would see a lot of bashing those ideas, too.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 04:48 AM   #33
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Because this thread is about what Trump did, as the President of the United States.

White Supremacists & Neo-Nazis have the freedom of speech to march, parade, and shout all the racist remarks they want.
Antifa has the freedom of speech to counter-protest them, and encourage they get fired.
That's all covered under freedom of speech & the free exercise thereof.
You can disagree with either side, but it's all free speech.

As the President of the United States (being a part of government), things are a bit different. He doesn't get to have a say in things like this from such a point of power.

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

(A) Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity:
  1. takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or
  2. influences, or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

(B) In this section, the term “covered government person” means:
  1. A Senator or Representative in, or a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;
  2. An employee of either House of Congress; or
  3. The President, Vice President, an employee of the United States Postal Service or the Postal Regulatory Commission, or any other executive branch employee (as such term is defined under section 2105 of title 5, United States Code).

The president (Donald Trump) can not encourage a private entity (The NFL) to make employment decisions (Fire protestors).
What he did was against the law.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Old October 1st, 2017, 05:00 AM   #34
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Because this thread is about what Trump did, as the President of the United States.

White Supremacists & Neo-Nazis have the freedom of speech to march, parade, and shout all the racist remarks they want.
Antifa has the freedom of speech to counter-protest them, and encourage they get fired.
That's all covered under freedom of speech & the free exercise thereof.
You can disagree with either side, but it's all free speech.

As the President of the United States (being a part of government), things are a bit different. He doesn't get to have a say in things like this from such a point of power.

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

(A) Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity:
  1. takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or
  2. influences, or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

(B) In this section, the term “covered government person” means:
  1. A Senator or Representative in, or a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;
  2. An employee of either House of Congress; or
  3. The President, Vice President, an employee of the United States Postal Service or the Postal Regulatory Commission, or any other executive branch employee (as such term is defined under section 2105 of title 5, United States Code).

The president (Donald Trump) can not encourage a private entity (The NFL) to make employment decisions (Fire protestors).
What he did was against the law.
So it's okay if Antifa and the alt-right do the immoral things like that, but if the president does, it's not just because it's against the law and can be regarded as an abuse of power. I mean just because he is president makes this a really bad thing?

Old October 1st, 2017, 05:05 AM   #35
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
So it's okay if Antifa and the alt-right do the immoral things like that, but if the president does, it's not just because it's against the law and can be regarded as an abuse of power. I mean just because he is president makes this a really bad thing?
I never said it was moral to do things like that on either side. I'm saying it's covered under free-speech.

If the president does it, it's an abuse of power because they're using the presidency to try to influence businesses to make employment decisions to advance their political agenda. That is an abuse of power.

What Trump is trying to do, is limit free speech. He's trying to silence dissent; have those who disagree with him fired. He is abusing his power.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Old October 1st, 2017, 05:06 AM   #36
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
I never said it was moral to do things like that on either side. I'm saying it's covered under free-speech.

If the president does it, it's an abuse of power because they're using the presidency to try to influence businesses to make employment decisions to advance their political agenda. That is an abuse of power.
Impeach the guy then. I think Pence will take over and the US will become a calmer place.

Old October 1st, 2017, 05:07 AM   #37
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Impeach the guy then. I think Pence will take over and the US will become a calmer place.
Not that easy unfortunately. The people have no say in these kinds of things. It's all down to the Congress, who are still too loyal.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Old October 1st, 2017, 11:30 AM   #38
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
Not that easy unfortunately. The people have no say in these kinds of things. It's all down to the Congress, who are still too loyal.
I don't think it's loyalty, I think they are just scared of him and his supporters.

Straight Canadian boy
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #39
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Jerry Jones is an idiot! Two weeks after taking a knee with his entire team, said after Sunday's game that the Cowboys will bench players who protest during the national anthem. The Cowboys are one of the worst team when it comes to domestic violence and overall off-field misconduct, maybe he should do something about that instead of going after peaceful protests

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ects-flag-play

Also future US president and Trump's current vice-fuhrer wasted tax payer money for a PR stunt when he left a Colts game after the national anthem because 49ers players took a knee.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ational-anthem

I like to think Roger Goodell is just seeing all of this happening and say to himself ''I miss when it was easy stuff like Ray Rice or Tom Brady''

Straight Canadian boy
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:46 PM   #40
MeganA
Banned

Name: Megan

I think Trump is a jerk for how he has treated sports players.
MeganA is offline   Reply With Quote