Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 23rd, 2017, 02:45 AM   #1
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew
Default Updated: Trump illegally encourages NFL to fire protesters

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nthem-protests
  • Encouraging private business owners to fire their workers who protest the current societal/political climate in America.
  • [Taking away the jobs of those who protest.]
  • Encouraging fans to walk out of stadiums with players who protest.
  • [Damaging businesses who protest.]
Silencing all dissent. This is the sign of an Authoritarian.

Yet this will appeal to his base because it calls upon their nationalistic "patriotic" feelings in an attempt to silence protesters who have different views.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/227

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

(A) Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity:
  1. takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or
  2. influences, or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

(B) In this section, the term “covered government person” means:
  1. A Senator or Representative in, or a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;
  2. An employee of either House of Congress; or
  3. The President, Vice President, an employee of the United States Postal Service or the Postal Regulatory Commission, or any other executive branch employee (as such term is defined under section 2105 of title 5, United States Code).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears that Trump has actually violated 18 U.S. Code § 227.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; September 25th, 2017 at 09:40 AM.
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 03:03 AM   #2
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.
Default Re: Trump encourages NFL to fire national anthem protesters

Quote:
"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!'" the president said
seems he renews his part of "The Apprentice" during his presidency.

what a jerk.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 06:15 AM   #3
Dmaxd123
Member++

maybe he shouldn't be sharing his opinion on the issue?

but just like the boozos making more then the president doing less work than the president are making their opinions public the president is making his opinion public

to me the national anthem is about our country as a whole, our military, and our history..... like or hate a specific group or time period I still respect the National Anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Hollywood
Still Here

Hollywood's Forum Picture

Name: Tyler

This is one of those times where it would be best to just not say anything. Let everyone else fight over it while you focus on doing your job.

val
I am Elysium, Lord and Master's special snowflake bitch
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:41 AM   #5
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

I don't think they would like NFL would do it, they would lose too much money from fans protesting them. There is already a lot of people boycotting the NFL because no one signed Kaepernick.

Seriously, it's people not standing during a song, they are bigger issues Trump should be taking care off.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:53 AM   #6
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Wow, a president encouraging Americans to be respectful and to honor the country that protects them. How authoritarian! Why, the next thing you know, he might be encouraging Americans businesses to hire veterans! Oh the agony, oh my snowflake feelings are so hurt because the president encouraged an action I don't like. I must rant about the president being an authoritarian despite clearly having no idea what authoritarianism actually is!

This is obsurd. Statement's like this happen with all the presidents, their own freedom of speech does not disappear when they take office. Your reaction to this, and nothing personal, is so indicative of the hyperbolic trigglies who think every word out of Trump's mouth is a call to gas the Jews. Those, in my opinion, are the most closed-minded people in politics today. So if you want to continue this conversation, please first look into what authoritarianism actually is and see if that applied to Trump's opinions stated here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
I don't think they would like NFL would do it, they would lose too much money from fans protesting them. There is already a lot of people boycotting the NFL because no one signed Kaprernick
There are also a lot of people boycotting the NFL over the protests. That contributed to the low ratings from last year and into this year. So essentially it is a lose-lose situation here, though honestly I don't see feminists and SJWS as really fans of the NFL in the first place, so I don't think much would be lost if they started boycotting the NFL.

Last edited by PlasmaHam; September 23rd, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:10 AM   #7
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Wow, a president encouraging Americans to be respectful and to honor the country that protects them. How authoritarian! Why, the next thing you know, he might be encouraging Americans businesses to hire veterans! Oh the agony, oh my snowflake feelings are so hurt because the president encouraged an action I don't like. I must rant about the president being an authoritarian despite clearly having no idea what authoritarianism actually is!

This is obsurd. Statement's like this happen with all the presidents, their own freedom of speech does not disappear when they take office. Your reaction to this, and nothing personal, is so indicative of the hyperbolic trigglies who think every word out of Trump's mouth is a call to gas the Jews. Those, in my opinion, are the most closed-minded people in politics today. So if you want to continue this conversation, please first look into what authoritarianism actually is and see if that applied to Trump's opinions stated here.
He only told a private company to fire people who don't think like him, he didn't do something really terrible like a gay couple trying to buy a wedding cake. Also come on we all know Trump doesn't give a shit about veterans. And he's not going to gas the Jews for two reasons, its after Muslims and Mexicans he's after and he loves his daughter too much.

Seriously tho this comes a week after the white house called for the firing of a ESPN host because she insulted President Snowflake on Twitter by saying the truth. And two weeks after they said Neo-Nazis shouldn't get fired for being racists.

Quote:
There are also a lot of people boycotting the NFL over the protests. That contributed to the low ratings from last year and into this year. So essentially it is a lose-lose situation here, though honestly I don't see feminists and SJWS as really fans of the NFL in the first place, so I don't think much would be lost if they started boycotting the NFL.
You know what the protesting is about?

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM   #8
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Do people realize that with the permanent discussion of such a rather minor thing they all kinda hype it? The president has to comment on it....yeah make it an even bigger issue.

Kaepernick kneels during the playing of the anthem...yeah really big deal. He does something that he should not do at his job. So it's his employer's thing to say something if it is a problem and not the president's.

So constantly condemning this was what made it interesting and made others following his example. If people just had left him and let the team deal with it, bet it would never have become a "thing" really.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:47 PM   #9
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Wow, a president encouraging Americans to be respectful and to honor the country that protects them. How authoritarian!
"encouraging Americans"... You mean encouraging people not to protest or risk losing their job or damaging their business. That's authoritarianism.
That is discouraging peaceful, silent protest. Something which is covered in our first amendment.

What he is saying is "People who protest should lose their job"
Do you realize how horrible & Authoritarian that is?

Quote:
Statement's like this happen with all the presidents...
No. No president has ever encouraged people who peacefully and silently protest to lose their jobs. Sources please?

Quote:
their own freedom of speech does not disappear when they take office.
As president, Trump is now part of the government. The government shall make no attempt to abridge the freedom of speech... or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Also, take a look at my updated post. He violated 18 U.S. Code § 227 by encouraging a private entity to make employment decisions.

Quote:
So if you want to continue this conversation, please first look into what authoritarianism actually is and see if that applied to Trump's opinions stated here.
Authoritarianism: the enforcement or advocacy of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom.
Trump advocates that people are obedient in their pledge of allegiance to the flag, at the expense of their personal freedom to choose whether or not they want to do so (Freedom of Speech; Freedom of Expression).

Quote:
Oh the agony, oh my snowflake feelings are so hurt...

Your reaction to this, and nothing personal, is so indicative of the hyperbolic trigglies who think every word out of Trump's mouth is a call to gas the Jews.
Weren't you the one who said you hate how VT's debates always came down to insults?... and then you call people "snowflake". 10/10 dude. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

And then you somehow relate this to people saying that Trump is calling to gas the Jews??? I never said that, but if that's what you think, ooookay...

I've never seen someone with such great debating skills. Personal insults, using Guilt By Association against Liberals, making irrelevant assumptions to attack my character. You've got it all.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
Do people realize that with the permanent discussion of such a rather minor thing they all kinda hype it? The president has to comment on it....yeah make it an even bigger issue.

Kaepernick kneels during the playing of the anthem...yeah really big deal. He does something that he should not do at his job. So it's his employer's thing to say something if it is a problem and not the president's.
Yes, I know there are bigger issues to point out. But we can't just let these things slide under the rug. This is an attempt to silence protest. This is Authoritarianism.

Trump has attacked Colin Kaepernick with more conviction, than he has Nazis

Nazis & White Supremacists armed with shields and assault weapons: "Some very fine people."
Peaceful Silent Protesters: "Sons of bitches"
-Donald Trump

He could have used his presidency to attack NFL players who abuse Women, rape Women, but then get lenient sentences and are able to play again.
But he's okay with people abusing Women: "grab em' by the pussy." He's not okay with Black people peacefully protesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
So constantly condemning this was what made it interesting and made others following his example. If people just had left him and let the team deal with it, bet it would never have become a "thing" really.
If we let these things go, we're saying it's okay. It's okay that Trump defends White Supremacists & Nazis. It's okay that Trump is trying to silence protesters.
I'm not gonna be silent, that's exactly what Trump wants. He WANTS to silence protest.

It was NOT condemning it which made it "a thing"; It was Trump saying it.
It was his Nationalist supporters who support this allegiance to the country without protest.
It was his supporters who follow and defend his every word because Trump can do no wrong.

He's egotistical, he's always bragging about him being the greatest, and having "the biggest inauguration crowd" (lie), "the biggest presidency win" (lie), "great ratings" (lie).

He can't stand bad ratings, he can't stand criticism, & he can't stand protest. So I do exactly that.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Last edited by maddogmj77; September 25th, 2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #10
mattsmith48
VT Lover

I love that Trump's comments made even more players protests during the national anthem including coaches and staff members and even the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:09 AM   #11
Bluegrass

Name: Mary

It was just another bad joke from Trump but people take all he saids very seriously but Trump won't care what they do.
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:23 AM   #12
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
It was just another bad joke from Trump but people take all he saids very seriously but Trump won't care what they do.
Yeah just like grab their pussy was just a joke, and kill the family of terrorists was just a joke, and Mexicans are rapists was just a joke, and build the wall was just a joke, and ban all Muslims was just a joke, and Obama is Kenyan spy baby was just a joke, when a politician you support says something controversial you either own it or criticize him on it, you don't make shit up to try to excuse it.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #13
Bluegrass

mattsmith48 I don't support Trump I just sit back and laugh at what he does and what people say about him.
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:38 AM   #14
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
mattsmith48 I don't support Trump I just sit back and laugh at what he does and what people say about him.
Why do you make excuses for what he said though?

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:59 AM   #15
Bluegrass

mattsmith48 most of Trump's ideas are ridiculous and he can't make happen.He talks more like a stand up comedian and when Trump makes a statement you got to realize thats Trump someone that screws up.
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #16
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
mattsmith48 most of Trump's ideas are ridiculous and he can't make happen.He talks more like a stand up comedian and when Trump makes a statement you got to realize thats Trump someone that screws up.
He's a politician, everything he says must be taking seriously. If he wanted to be a comedian he would have stayed on TV.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:30 AM   #17
Bluegrass

mattsmith48 He did very surprisingly get chosen by the people.He's got a big mouth and needs to be corrected often.Trump does not like to admit later he said something he should not have.I think cause he wants to look like he knows what he's doing.I mean people try to take him seriously but you really just can't on most things.
Old September 25th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #18
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
mattsmith48 He did very surprisingly get chosen by the people.He's got a big mouth and needs to be corrected often.Trump does not like to admit later he said something he should not have.I think cause he wants to look like he knows what he's doing. I mean people try to take him seriously but you really just can't on most things.
He didn't really get chosen by the people though... He got chosen by the electoral college. He lost the vote of the people.

He is EXTREMELY egotistical. He will NEVER admit when he's wrong.

It's very sad when you can't even take anything the President of The United States says seriously. Really shows how low our standards for him have to be set.
Still doesn't change the fact that what he did broke the law.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

Last edited by maddogmj77; September 25th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #19
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmj77 View Post
He didn't really get chosen by the people though... He got chosen by the electoral college. He lost the vote of the people.

He is EXTREMELY egotistical. He will NEVER admit when he's wrong.
In other words a man-child with narcissistic personality disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmj77 View Post
It's very sad when you can't even take anything the President of The United States says seriously. Really shows how low our standards for him have to be set.
Still doesn't change the fact that what he did broke the law.
Which time and which law are you referring to here?

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #20
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Which time and which law are you referring to here?
Read the original post on this thread, I updated it.

He violated 18 U.S. Code § 227 by trying to influence a private entities' employment decisions.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me