Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #21
DoodleSnap
Great Poster
 
DoodleSnap's Forum Picture
 
Name: Calum
Join Date: March 25, 2013
Location: Scotland
Age: 17
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

Uhhh, good for you?

One of the most important, if not the most important things that defines the USA as a country, is the fact that its visitors, residents, and citizens unequivocally have the right to hate or love whatever they like. They have a right to sing the anthem, disrespect the anthem, whatever.
I don't see what your point is? Are you trying to say that you find it offensive that some would disrespect the anthem?



DoodleSnap is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:54 AM   #22
Mrflufay
New Member
 
Mrflufay's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 7, 2017
Location: Anahiem, CA
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

Personally i havent pledged allegiance and stood for the anthem in soooo long i cant even remember. My teacher kicked me out of class a few days after the football players did their protest. And she said i shouldn't do my little protest in school, even though i havent stood in her class and it was the first time she was in the back of the room to see me not stand. I dont think that what the nfl players did was thst big of a deal though i mean they play a game for a living its not like their top scientists curing cancer.
Mrflufay is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #23
maddogmj77
Nice Poster
 
maddogmj77's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matthew
Join Date: February 14, 2014
Location: California, USA
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

  • Nationalism: Supporting your country no matter what, because "My country is the greatest!".

  • Patriotism: Supporting your country by making it a better place, because "It's my country."

Nationalists: Will say it's not okay for people to "disrespect" America by taking a knee, because America is greatest place, no-one disrespects Mother America!

Patriots: Will say it's okay for people to take a knee because they're unsatisfied with how things in their country are; want to bring them to attention, and attempt to fix them.


Don't be a Nationalist, be a Patriot. Support your country by trying to change it for the better. Not by silencing all dissent and making everybody bow down to it.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; October 9th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
Likes: (1)
maddogmj77 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:41 AM   #24
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster
 
PlasmaHam's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: The South
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

My interpretation of nationalism and patriotism, which is more in line with reality.

Nationalist: Supporting your country under the belief that your country is infallible regardless of its actions, and thus pushing for greater global influence by your country and having a large, often hostile, superiority complex over other countries.

Patriot: Supporting your country under the belief that it is good, due to its actions. Accepting of deficiencies within their country, but are still more proud of the good it has done. Able to accept the goodness of other countries and is relatively passive towards them.

Spoiled Brat: Saying that you refuse to respect your country because you think it is an evil oppressor and killer of black people. Publicly praise individuals who hate your country and it's values. All the while, getting paid millions of dollars as a black man to play a game, because your country grants you that freedom.
PlasmaHam is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:50 AM   #25
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
My interpretation of nationalism and patriotism, which is more in line with reality.

Nationalist: Supporting your country under the belief that your country is infallible regardless of its actions, and thus pushing for greater global influence by your country and having a large, often hostile, superiority complex over other countries.

Patriot: Supporting your country under the belief that it is good, due to its actions. Accepting of deficiencies within their country, but are still more proud of the good it has done. Able to accept the goodness of other countries and is relatively passive towards them.

Spoiled Brat: Saying that you refuse to respect your country because you think it is an evil oppressor and killer of black people. Publicly praise individuals who hate your country and it's values. All the while, getting paid millions of dollars as a black man to play a game, because your country grants you that freedom.
So to you the athletes who protest police openly murdering black people by not standing during a song are just spoiled brat?

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #26
maddogmj77
Nice Poster
 
maddogmj77's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matthew
Join Date: February 14, 2014
Location: California, USA
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
So to you the athletes who protest police openly murdering black people by not standing during a song are just spoiled brat?
I've given up trying to argue with him. He probably denies the fact that unarmed black people are being killed at much higher rates than unarmed white people: "Fake News!".

You can't argue with someone who denies facts. So I just ignore him and not give him any attention.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; October 9th, 2017 at 12:09 PM.
maddogmj77 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:02 PM   #27
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster
 
PlasmaHam's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: The South
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
So to you the athletes who protest police openly murdering black people by not standing during a song are just spoiled brat?
Yea. They are either self-entitled rich brats believing a false narrative, or just ignorant followers who think their disrespect is actually changing something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmj77 View Post
I've given up trying to argue with him. He probably denies the fact that unarmed black people are being killed much more than unarmed white people: "Fake News!".
Oh, I am so heartbroken that you don't like me
You can clearly see how much that is affecting me *boohoo!!*

Let's take your statement right there "the fact that unarmed black people are being killed much more than unarmed white people". Now that is true, but is a deceptive statistic. Here is a brief article describing that deception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marshall Project
The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.
In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.
https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...ers#.Q7oNSdUOj

There is that. But if you want to ignore that, and believe me you ignore many things, lets talk about more facts. Such is, the facts that blacks compose 13% of the population, but commit 40% of cop-deaths, 65% of robberies, 57% of murders,45% of assaults. Given this, blacks being the victims of 25% of police related deaths is actually pretty low. I could add more facts, like blacks having contact with police at equal rates as whites, how black officers are more likely to shoot than their white counter-parts, and how black homicides are less likely to be done by police than whites or Hispanics, but that would be unnecessary, as I made my point already.

Last edited by PlasmaHam; October 9th, 2017 at 12:26 PM.
PlasmaHam is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #28
maddogmj77
Nice Poster
 
maddogmj77's Forum Picture
 
Name: Matthew
Join Date: February 14, 2014
Location: California, USA
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

@PlasmaHam
Very mature.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8af7a692412b

"U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer."

Niche cases & anecdotes don't disprove actual statistical evidence.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."
Likes: (1)
maddogmj77 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:33 PM   #29
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Yea. They are either self-entitled rich brats believing a false narrative, or just ignorant followers who think their disrespect is actually changing something.
So they shouldn't do anything just because they are payed millions to give each other brain damage, they should just shut up? This is an issue that affects the majority of NFL players, some of them probably fear for their life everytime a cop just talk to them, they shouldn't about this?

What about your buddy, Trump is he a spoiled brat because of that time he disrespected the President, using is fame and daddy's money to call Obama a Kenyan Spy and hire investigators to find if he was really born in the US? or that's fine because he's white?

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #30
Endeavour
Global Moderator
 
Endeavour's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2015
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: AMERICA: Love it or leave!

This thread has escalated far too quickly, and is going nowhere and honestly nothing to do with the original purpose of the thread. Posts have been deleted and now it is being locked.



Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Likes: (1)
Endeavour is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org