Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 18th, 2017, 07:20 PM   #1
Rugby99

Rugby99's Forum Picture

Default Nicotine

I have been suffering with depression for over 2 years now (nobody knows about this). In April I decided to purchase a vape just because I had used one of my friends before and I liked it. From then until now I have had a lot less "sadness episodes" (if that's what you call them). I really feel that this has helped calm my depression. While I have no intention at the moment to quit, I am worried that in the future when I do decide to that the depression could be very bad. Does anybody else do this? Does nicotine really help depression or is it all in my head? Any advice?
Rugby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #2
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke
Default Re: Nicotine

Nicotine is technically a stimulant, just a super minor one, so there is a bit of a euphoric or mood lifting effect, but that usually lessens the longer you use it for

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Changed my username, used to be thedudejr
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:20 PM   #3
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

I could probably offer some advice but can yiunsay why your hiding it from people?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Rugby99

Rugby99's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
I could probably offer some advice but can yiunsay why your hiding it from people?
It's not really an easy thing to talk about. My parents would constantly be asking how I am which would make it even worse. I don't want people treating me any differently than they are now.
Rugby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:47 PM   #5
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby99 View Post
It's not really an easy thing to talk about. My parents would constantly be asking how I am which would make it even worse. I don't want people treating me any differently than they are now.
Then your not ready to tell them yet is all. You don't need to. You may not just know exactly how. Yet. You may never know. But don't mean you cant still talk to someone about it.

And tbh family really wants to know. If you feel they'll be asking you that then they do love and care about you. They don't want you to suffer alone or go this alone.

They'll probably only be asking cause they wana know what they can do if anything to help. They just don't know.

Probably a lot how your feeling to huh?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:21 PM   #6
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Nicotine is a stimulant and gives you a slight high or feeling of wellbeing. It is more addicting than heroine also. You need to be careful vaping cause you can OD on nicotine which is a strong poison actually. So just make sure to use the recommended amount and be careful. No one really knows the true health risks of vaping yet either.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:06 AM   #7
Mrflufay

Mrflufay's Forum Picture

I actually do this but with a type of snuff from South America called rap (ha-pey). I dont know if it does help with depression like pharmaceuticals do, but it does help in its own way by making me feel happier than normal. It calms my anxiety down and allows me to be more cheerful. I dont personally have advice but ill tell you what the elder who gives me it says to me "Like with all medicine, it should be respected and not misused, this was not made to numb the mind but to enhance it in small portions. Gradually the medicine will help you get you to the point where you no longer need it."
Mrflufay is offline   Reply With Quote