Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 9th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Ryanq512

Ryanq512's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan
Default Opinions on E-cigs

I wanted to get your guys opinions on E-cigs. I am considering trying them for the sole purpose of stopping my cravings for cigars. I am a volunteer EMT and I have Been around cigars my entire time I have been with my department. When I was 18 some of the members started me on smoking cigars. Over time I've done it more and I've started to have more of a craving for it. I was thinking of trying E-cigs as a way to deal with the craving when it comes about but not sure if i should. I feel if I start now to try and stop the cravings early I won't become majorly addicted to them and stop it early. If you guys have tried do you like them and what your opinion is. If you haven't I would still like to know your opinion.
Ryanq512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:05 PM   #2
DriveAlive
Great Poster

DriveAlive's Forum Picture

Default Re: Opinions on E-cigs

I really enjoy vaping.

19 | Vegan | Bisexual | Republican

Here is my AMA thread, please ask me anything!
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh....php?t=2030289
DriveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:15 PM   #3
Ryanq512

Ryanq512's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAlive View Post
I really enjoy vaping.
What about it do you enjoy.
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM   #4
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Id recommend getting an e cig if you're trying to cut down on smoking. Of course, it still had nicotine and everything in it, but it isn't as harmful to your lungs and doesn't have the chemicals that cigars and cigarettes do. Keep in mind that cutting down smoking isn't going to happen overnight and using ecigs isn't going to help you if you don't have the right mindset and mentality and determination to quit smoking. It's all you in the end, and nothing helps you get somewhere more than you do.

On another note, some typical ways of dealing with cravings or temptations is chewing on gum or what my grandpa does, chew on straws. There's a couple other methods you can look up as well

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:26 PM   #5
red04
Member+

I never have smoked and never will but my dad did he is also an EMT when he started working he decided to stop but I think E-Cigs are better then real ones because you won't get cancer my dad quit but only did it a few months

This account is not in use anymore thank you for all the help now that my questions are answered I have decided to stop using this site thanks to all.
red04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 10:54 PM   #6
DriveAlive
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanq512 View Post
What about it do you enjoy.
The nicotine and the lack of smell/smoke.

Old September 9th, 2017, 11:40 PM   #7
Ryanq512

Ryanq512's Forum Picture

@DriveAlone what kind do you use
Old September 9th, 2017, 11:45 PM   #8
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAlive View Post
The nicotine and the lack of smell/smoke.
I've been smoking for a little over a decade. Love the smell like the taste. Tried vaping to cut down as I was up to 3 packs a day. Spent hundreds on vaping material and liquid. Ended up putting it down. It didn't give me the same feeling as my cigarettes. Might taste good but in my mind. It didn't cut the cheese. It's really all up in your head. If you're tired of smoking and spending money on CIGARETTES then do it but starting up vaping and getting a decent piece costs $$$. Maybe after that and you're just buying liquid it's different but you're still spending a good amount on it. I was at an 18 for my liquid and it just was t strong enough for me.. plus the flavors on the strength I had was limited. Just put your mind to quitting if that's really what you wanna do. I obviously wasn't ready to quit yet. Everyone is different And you might find your strength and flavor off the bat, but it does take time. Be easy man. Good luck

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 11:54 AM   #9
DriveAlive
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanq512 View Post
@DriveAlone what kind do you use
Wisemec Jaybo

Old September 10th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #10
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

E Cigs do work. I've used them for around a year and a half exclusively and they've stopped me ever wanting to smoke traditional tobacco products like cigarettes. The problem you might have is that while vaping replaces the nicotine aspects, it doesn't eliminate the craving for a cigarette or in your case a cigar and since most people don't usually have a nicotine addiction with cigars, its most likely a craving for the act itself. Now I'm not saying people who smoke cigars don't become addicted but cigars aren't usually smoked in the quantity that cigarettes are smoked. Normally cigar smokers have a couple cigars a week or maybe one a day. Again I don't know your situation so it could be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I've been smoking for a little over a decade. Love the smell like the taste. Tried vaping to cut down as I was up to 3 packs a day. Spent hundreds on vaping material and liquid. Ended up putting it down. It didn't give me the same feeling as my cigarettes. Might taste good but in my mind. It didn't cut the cheese. It's really all up in your head. If you're tired of smoking and spending money on CIGARETTES then do it but starting up vaping and getting a decent piece costs $$$. Maybe after that and you're just buying liquid it's different but you're still spending a good amount on it. I was at an 18 for my liquid and it just was t strong enough for me.. plus the flavors on the strength I had was limited. Just put your mind to quitting if that's really what you wanna do. I obviously wasn't ready to quit yet. Everyone is different And you might find your strength and flavor off the bat, but it does take time. Be easy man. Good luck
What Ron says basically sums up my thoughts above. Getting a decent mod for vaping is quite difficult. My initial set up plus liquid cost me around 90 and my further two mods I bought later on cost me in the region of 170. Then you've got the cost of the liquid and why you can go cheap on that...it generally is harsh as fuck and doesn't satisfy me so I have to go with the more premium stuff which costs me about on average 15 for 30ml and I go through that normally in a week, if not more, so some weeks I spend 30 on liquid. Other costs include coils which again last anywhere from a week to three weeks depending on what I'm vaping and how much I'm vaping and the current mod I have I can get 3 coils for 12 so those last me usually a month if not more.

You can do vaping on the cheap....you really can. You can buy a cheap pen device for about $20 and it might work for you and you can buy cheap E-liquid for only a couple bucks and that might work for you but in saying that a lot of people I know and have spoken too in person and online find that generally they try that out and end up going back to cigarettes after a week or so because the cheaper devices don't necessarily satisfy them.

In my personal experience its one of the best decisions I've ever made and I absolutely would recommend to people to make the switch but it's all in the mindset.

If you've got any questions then let I'll do my best to answer them.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #11
Seabadger67

I don't smoke and I never want to, it's an unhealthy habit that's hard to kick

17, cat lover and equal rights enthusiast. I'm also a psychology student, so I've got experience helping people figure out what's going on in their head . I'm happy to help with anything, puberty related or otherwise. Plus, I'm always up for a chat
Seabadger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #12
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I don't smoke and won't either. If you are trying to quit smoking totally I think that nicotine patches are the safest and least expensive way to go. I read a lot so I have read about this.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:59 PM   #13
Drewboyy
Member++

Drewboyy's Forum Picture

Name: Drew

Inhaling anything is unhealthy, so I like to stay away from those things

Drew here! Iʻm very open so enjoy! Don't forget what's up ^^

I have a bad case of being an attention seeker

PM me at any time to talk about whatever you want, I'm always happy with it
Drewboyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:42 PM   #14
Trish_Lynn

Trish_Lynn's Forum Picture

Name: Trish

My dad smokes e-cigs and I think it's great because the house doens't smell like cigarettes all the time.

Until I come up with a better siggy, I'll just say I'm 17 & Bi
Trish_Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #15
becca07
Member+

becca07's Forum Picture

Name: Rebbeca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish_Lynn View Post
My dad smokes e-cigs and I think it's great because the house doens't smell like cigarettes all the time.
Same with my aunt. Our family functions smell a lot better now lol.
becca07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:01 PM   #16
racheluk

Name: Rachel

I think e-cigs are a really good thing and in some ways pretty miraculous! Because they seem to quench people's desire to smoke and they seem harmless, although it's true there hasn't been any long term testing on them yet. But for sure we can say they're a much better bet than the real thing and a great tool to give up.
racheluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #17
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

If you're trying to cut down get a vape, if you don't smoke still go ahead but make sure you use the nicotine free juice otherwise you'll just build up an addiction over time.

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #18
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Vaping is not as bad as typical tobacco products, but they aren't harmless. So as a stepping stool to stop smoking cigars, I'll encourage that. But I would not encourage a non-smoker to start vaping.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:27 PM   #19
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

I think they're a good tool to help quit smoking. No hate at all towards people that vape for fun, but it's just not for me.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:00 PM   #20
messid

messid's Forum Picture

my uncle used it to cut down on smoking! but he set a time limit so that he wouldnt vape forever...he said that e cigs look less dangerous than cigarettes of course but we still dont know if vaping can be super bad after a long time of doing it. so he started vaping and then lowered how much he did until a year later and quit forever. i say try it if you really need to quit!!

17 y.o. / straight / Ohio / probably playing soccer or video games
messid is offline   Reply With Quote