Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 25th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #1
Porpoise101
Awesome Poster

Porpoise101's Forum Picture

Default A different kind of loss

One of my best friends wasted his life. It was not a death, nor is he innocent. Rather, he murdered his mother in cold blood by shoving her out of the top floor window of their house. Now he is in juvenile detention, awaiting trial. In my state, he can be tried as an adult. It is not out of the question that he will face life imprisonment. I don't know exactly what to feel. It's as if he died because his old life ended with a crash. He leaves behind two sisters and a father who is a felon (committed fraud & white collar crime). I had no idea of any of the criminal past, nor the extent of the family strife. He was really reserved when it came to that subject. I just wonder if he had opened up to one of us, his friends, everything would be all right.

The guy was destined to be the most favored, the most successful, of all of us it seemed. He had the money and the connections, the brawn and the brains. I guess he did not have the will and the support he needed.

I don't know if I will see him again. If he is tried as an adult, then perhaps I will see him in court. But beyond that, I feel that he is gone.

17. M. ROTW Lurker. AMA.
Porpoise101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2017, 12:08 AM   #2
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: A different kind of loss

I'm very sorry for your loss

As for your friend?
Seems he needs some friends and maybe professional help?

Either way, friends are friends, stay in touch best you can. Even in juvy he'll be able to find his way some kinda social media

That's no picnic he's going to. Again sorry for your loss. I get how your feeling.
Just try and be there for him. That's huge for him right now.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #3
Porpoise101
Awesome Poster

Porpoise101's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Either way, friends are friends, stay in touch best you can. Even in juvy he'll be able to find his way some kinda social media
I don't know how much access he will have to the outside in an adult prison though. I think I can visit him, but it will be a while because only 18 year olds can visit.

Thanks for the advice and support.

17. M. ROTW Lurker. AMA.
Porpoise101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 08:51 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I am truly sorry that this happened too. Something obviously went terribly wrong with your friend. Maybe he had family issues or mental problems that none of you friends had any idea about. I hope number one that he gets the proper help and may get his life in order again. Number two I hope that he doesn't have to serve a long long sentence. Maybe he will be convicted of manslaughter instead of murder. You will have to just keep a good thought for your friend and see what plays out.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #5
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porpoise101 View Post
I don't know how much access he will have to the outside in an adult prison though. I think I can visit him, but it will be a while because only 18 year olds can visit.

Thanks for the advice and support.
From my memory of visitations stuff yeah. Unless your blood related you need to be 18. But probably depends on what state law says.

But that shouldn't stop you from staying in contact with him. And I'm pretty sure he'd like that. It'll provide some sanity for him. It's a while different world being locked up like that.

And in a few months you can arrange a visit. See for yourself.
I hope he'll do well inside bro
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote