Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 10th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #1
InDarkerLight

InDarkerLight's Forum Picture

Name: McKinley Kay
Default Is it THAT bad?

I added this on to my other post about me starting cutting and all and how I could stop but I thought that this one could use its own thread so I just copied it onto here.

This is a little off subject but since I have your attention, please answer this question honestly. I often feel like I have a problem but that its not a big deal. Like with this, sure I have started this problem and I might need help but I feel like I'm exaggerating EVERY TIME I share my feelings. I almost feel like I don't have a problem and I need to grow up. I see much more serious problems people are having with stuff like depression and anxiety and think that my problem doesn't need to be addressed. I also see people mad online about people with 'depression' and think "I guess I'm just a loser that secretly follows a millennial trend." I really don't wanna use this phrase bc I know it's rude but I feel like a little bitch. That is literally the only way to explain it. I feel normal and act normal but have all of these problems as well. I already feel like a bitch for saying 'I feel' so many times in this post. I just don't feel like my problems are serious until they are ruling my life to such a degree that people might notice. even then, I don't stop I just hide it better. I live a COMPLETLY normal life as a completely normal guy. I literally even live a double private life in my mind with a normal (as normal as a private life can get I guess) private life and this. This stuff always feels out of place and very unlike me. Do you ever have this problem or one like it? Maybe I am a wimp. Maybe I just don't share my feelings a lot so I just feel out of place with this stuff. Maybe this is the reason people don't talk about their problems. I truly think that its because I hide so much stuff that I begin to believe a lie that I tell... But if I live that lie, would that mean that I then wouldn't have these problems that I have now since they are all in my head? I just know that I am really ok and really messed at the same time with all of these thoughts that I'm not addressing. I'm just... fine. That's the only way to explain it. Just fine.
InDarkerLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 10:01 PM   #2
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: Is it THAT bad?

I always felt like that, too. I have my problems, okay, but over all I'm fine, things could be much worse.
If I talked to someone I felt like bugging them with petty stuff and that they have to deal with enough things without my whining about stuff.
I felt like I should get a grip in my life and don't actually like there's something wrong with me.

However, thinks escalated and sometimes I now cannot life the life of an ordinary guy anymore. If I had more support and people taking me serious this might not have
happened.

So sure others might have problems, too, much biggerones but why would this be a reason to not accept your problems or seek help with them.
Even if they might look not so important, please don't feel bad about it and ignore them.
In the long run this will do way more harm than anything.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote