Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 16th, 2017, 12:48 AM   #1
hjhj
Member++

hjhj's Forum Picture

Name: Yellow
Default Scars, cuts and gym class...

So I began cutting this summer...
And I'm afraid I'll cut and in gym class where you all have to change in the locker rooms that I'll have my cuts or scars seen by someone...
And it doesn't help that the shorts can go up really high...
So has anyone had gym class and had their cuts noticed..? Has anyone had this fear?

Slowly and silently going crazy.
"I like my sugar with coffee and cream"

hjhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2017, 02:09 AM   #2
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Re: Scars, cuts and gym class...

Honestly if people notice they don't say anything to you. But maybe that's just from my experience with girls maybe guys are different. One of my friends who I changed next to was a cutter as well, and we just didn't talk about it because we respected our own circumstances etc. It felt more comfortable knowing that she wouldn't say anything. She only noticed mine because she could recognise them and the same for me. We hugged each other when we were fully changed and just moved on.

When it comes to scars people rarely notice, I'm telling you that now. Unless they're raised and really light/dark, you only notice them more because you know they're there. Some guy getting changed in the locker room isn't gonna be scanning your legs for scars.

With cuts however I usually turn in a way so that people can't see them or strategically change so they aren't noticed. Like I used to be on one of the corners so no one really noticed it. It's probably best if you do the same because you'll be at less of a risk.

i feel your warmth / it feels like home
devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
PM melast.fmVM me
21.12.16 <3

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2017, 03:28 AM   #3
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

From my own experience people will hardly comment on any scars or injuries.

I have had then again and again for years and never even tried to conceal them cuz I simply don't care. All this time some might have looked but hardly anyone ever asked something. Same with teachers.

So dunno about your school but for next that was never anything to think about.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 03:29 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I would think that if your instructor sees them that he is obligated to report it as even possible abuse and that social services will get involved.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #5
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

As far as I know, I'm not sure if it's mandatory for teachers to report the issue, but they have to do something, and that varies depending on the teacher. Some teachers will have the ability to have a discussion with you, and let it go from there, and others don't have that kind of ability, and will just send it to your counselor. Rarely will they go and make a rash decision without talking to you first though. However, I think it's highly unlikely that your teacher will be in the locker room /with/ you guys, and watching you change. I think that's very much illegal, so unless someone else says something, I think you're clear there.

Try to find a little corner to go to, or honestly, I always just took clothes into a bathroom stall with me and quickly changed in there, because the whole locker room change thing was never my cup of tea. If your locker room doesn't have bathrooms, maybe stop at one on your way into class really quickly.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote