Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 6th, 2017, 11:34 PM   #1
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default I hurt myself in my dreams

I haven't self-harmed for quite a while and I have been good. Sure it's getting hard to stay away from it now and then but overall I hardly have any urges.

What unsettles me is that for some time now I have been dreaming about hurting myself. I see blood and cuts on my body which is weird since I usually don't cut but rather burn myself or anything.

I used to have dreams about fighting with certain people or hurting them when I'm stressed and I bottled it up so not to fight with them or hurt them in real life.
So I'm kinda worried. I don't wanna start hurting myself again but what are this dreams if not a clear sign that I will have to find a way of getting out all this pressure?

I prepare for school, work two jobs, have my family troubles, trouble in my relationship and with my pets...it's a lot and usually I would have lashed out loud get ago but I haven't done so till now.

Then the dreaming started and got more and more intense everyday. Am really starting to worry.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 01:14 AM   #2
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Default Re: I hurt myself in my dreams

@Peanut_

I have had a similar experience, but rather than having a bad impact on me it did some good, so maybe relating it to you will be of some help.

Before my last relapse it had been a while since I self harmed and the urges were practically nonexistent up until the 4-week mark or somewhere near that time. I then started getting bad urges again but didn't act on them. Then, I had a dream sort of like you described in which there was blood on my body. Although I don't remember actually cutting in the dream, I could tell that I had. When I woke up, I was surprised because I searched and searched and couldn't find a wound, yet I still felt that temporary satisfaction. Mentally I felt like my urges had been satisfied, and I was completely fine even days later. It potentially saved me from a relapse. I think our subconscious manifests these dreams as an outlet for negative emotions, which is better than hurting yourself/others.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #3
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: I hurt myself in my dreams

@Amethyst Rose

There is nothing positive in this. It's just a manifestation that my mind doesn't even get to rest while I sleep.
It's a foreshadowing of bad things to come...

It showed the relapse coming on and I know even worse will follow.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote