Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 10th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #1
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick
Default Locker Room Nudity

I'm 18 and I've always been a private person. It's very rare that another person sees me naked. I'm starting university in the fall and the gym and pool there has open change rooms and showers. Should I try them? Any advice? Anyone else uncomfortable naked?

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:34 AM   #2
Hockeystar2020
Member+

Name: Michael
Default Re: Locker Room Nudity

Use them and after them first few times u will be fine and have no problem.

16 l M l Straight
Hockeystar2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 03:39 AM   #3
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Just've a look at everything there and then decide if you can get along with it or not. Can't say more, because I've never been such a private person like you.

But the tip of Michael, the Wise, is certainly a good advice. It is all a question of overcoming and habit.

Just the way you were raised to a private person when it comes to nudity. This private person thing you share with way more users of this forum as you can imagine. Sometimes I quietly feel pity for those users. Subconsciously, they were inoculated with shame, where shame isn't opportune at all.

It's your choice now.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

Last edited by lliam; August 11th, 2017 at 03:42 AM.
lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #4
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

Cedrick, I agree with Michael. I was dreading the thought of being naked in front of a bunch of guys for swimming. If it works for you as it does with many others, after a couple times of being naked in front of others you'll see that it isn't bad at all. In fact, I'm perfectly comfortable with walking around naked.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #5
Bull
Banned

Name: Bill also known as Will

Growing up playing sports I got an early exposure to open changing/showering. No big deal. Won't take long to be comfortable naked.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #6
niklas
Member+

Name: Niklas

I've never really had an issue with being nude around other guys in the locker room or showers, but I totally understand that it can be more uncomfortable for others. I had a friend that was similar to you, he was ok with naked changing before he hit puberty and then he became ultra shy about, especially for PE at school. Initially he tried all sorts of ways to cover up when getting changed (like trying to do it under a towel and stuff like that). But it was awkward for him and honestly I told him it just drew more attention to him. So little by little he got used it; at first he'd face the locker, not look around at anyone and be quick about it, especially taking off his underwear (or when putting it back on). For the showers, he'd usually take his time getting ready so that he'd basically be the last one in, or he'd rush to be the first in and out. Eventually he got used to it and started to be more open when he realized that nobody really cared (even though most guys will look to check out the 'competition', and in that way, he was just as curious). I think he also realized that he was basically the same size as everyone else, not too small, not too big. Now he has no issues with it at all anymore.
niklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #7
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Ur asking "should I try them". Unless u want
to work out in the gym or take part in a sport it
is not necessary to use the showers. I'm sure it
is not like high school where in some cases it is
mandatory to shower. If u r uncomfortable in
situations where u have to b or expected to b
naked in front of other guys then don't go there.
If u have to use the showers then go in there with
a towel wrapped around urself-shower-then leave
to the locker area with the same towel. After a few
times dressing or undressing and getting more open
with it-it wont matter.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 11:02 AM   #8
Vegas2933
Member++

Vegas2933's Forum Picture

Name: Dylan

There is no nudity in the locker rooms in my school, and if you strip even to your boxers you're branded "weird" and "gay". As for your situation, just follow everyone else's advice: use the nude rooms a couple of times, and if you're not fullly comfortable with it, seek an alternative.

16 and Bi. Lives in the UK.

Happy to answer anyone's questions!

And to meet and chat with new people!
Vegas2933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #9
Zachary G
VT Lover

Zachary G's Forum Picture

Name: zacahary

playing sports I got an early exposure to open changing/showering. No big deal. Just go in there and not think about it, just take care of your business and get out.

18/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
Zachary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #10
Jeff1857
Member+

Jeff1857's Forum Picture

Name: Jeff

Once you are naked a bunch you get use to it. Everyone got the same parts and you realize it is no big deal at all.

Happy to chat! Made it to 100 posts!
Jeff1857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:12 PM   #11
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I don't know what the big deal is with being so modest. I grew up with open showers and changing rooms at school the pool and the beaches. We all have different bodies and penis' and I always found it interesting and normal to change in front of others. I have never been modest and I find it cool when other guys check me out. We also live in a big lake and resort area. There are all kinds of small secluded lakes so I grew up from 6 to the present skinny dipping with others a lot. Just act normal when changing and treat it as no big deal and you will be fine.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #12
pjones
VT Lover

pjones's Forum Picture

Name: paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienHockeyGuy View Post
I'm 18 and I've always been a private person. It's very rare that another person sees me naked. I'm starting university in the fall and the gym and pool there has open change rooms and showers. Should I try them? Any advice? Anyone else uncomfortable naked?
It isn't easy for some people to change in front of others and there isn't anything wrong with that. I'm guessing that at your school you will have the choice as to where you change so you can find a solution that works best for you. There might be a stall you can use or even go back to your room and change in private. I'm sure you won't be the only person that isn't comfortable and being older I really doubt you'll be teased about it.

As the others have said it really isn't a life changing event to change clothes in a group or to be briefly naked with other guys, most of us are OK with it.

I'd recommend you take a deep breath and change in the locker room, it does get easier after a few times.

Good luck

bi nudist
pjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:42 PM   #13
rioo
Nice Poster

rioo's Forum Picture

Name: Rio

You can try standing showering near corner or facing the wall, then you will get slowly more comfortable.
rioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:09 PM   #14
Falcons_11
VT Lover

There is nothing wrong about being modest around others. All of us have different feelings about our bodies. As for me I have not felt uncomfortable being naked in the school lockers, changing rooms or others places with other boys around me. Being naked isn't a big deal for me.
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #15
JohnC
Member++

JohnC's Forum Picture

Name: John

Getting naked in front of others in locker rooms can be difficult for some people. You don't have to walk around completely exposed. Keep your towel on as you go to the shower. And you don't have to stay in the shower for a super long time. You will get more comfortable as you do it. But I know it can be stressful especially in new situations where you don't really know your new teammates.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 11:20 AM   #16
Rain Boy
Member++

Rain Boy's Forum Picture

Name: ask for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Getting naked in front of others in locker rooms can be difficult for some people. You don't have to walk around completely exposed. Keep your towel on as you go to the shower. And you don't have to stay in the shower for a super long time. You will get more comfortable as you do it. But I know it can be stressful especially in new situations where you don't really know your new teammates.
This is so true. When you wander from the locker to the showers (and vice versa), wrap your towel around you or hold it in front of you so your jewels aren't showing. The shower rooms themselves are pretty big, at least at uni, and there is no need to be standing right next to someone, or opposite them. An exception to that might be a time when you are with friends or acquaintances, in which case a dick's a dick and you are just accepted for whatever you have.
Rain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 11:31 AM   #17
swimjoey1
Member++

Name: Joey

I been swimming since 7 and shower in open area. You get use to it.
swimjoey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #18
Two.Cool.

You will get used to it, or you can do it when it when you are horny or feeling sexy to feel less insecure
Two.Cool. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 01:48 AM   #19
Gman22

Name: Gavin

I'm 17 and in highschool I used to be the same way my freshmen year when I got to sophomore year I was going butt naked in front of them my junior year everyone followed and I soon realised I was almost bigger than most my friends lol give it a shot and if you don't like it then you don't have to do it
Gman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #20
TWDjacob
Great Poster

I'm the same way about being in a situation like you. maybe just try it a few times with a quick in and out and if you don't like it then don't do it

17 and Bi. Hopefully i answered your question! I love helping everyone with their questions and problems so feel free to message me if you need to talk!
TWDjacob is offline   Reply With Quote