Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 5th, 2017, 12:08 AM   #1
Coolteenboy
Member++

Coolteenboy's Forum Picture

Default Cant get to sleep

If you have had a stressful day, and you want to sleep but just lie there, tossing and turning, eyes wide open, how do you finally find a way to fall asleep?

I'm up to chat about anything!
Hit me up!!
Coolteenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #2
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Cant get to sleep

I have problems sleeping sometimes (a lot times). Tbh, I don't even know how I deal with it. I throw some slow music on sometimes... close my eyes and count the sheep, count my breaths, in out type stuff.

All you can really do in the end tho is just close your eyes, clear your mind, and relax

"The head may err, but never the blood."
FAQ | Catch me here | Email
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #3
swimjoey1
Member++

Name: Joey

If I get stress and can't sleep, I will masturbate it usually makes me sleepy afterwards. I don't know why but it does.
swimjoey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 01:16 AM   #4
Crowboy

Name: Nick

I usually watch an asmr video when I can't sleep but want to. Heather feather is a good YouTube to start with if you've never watched asmr before
Crowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 03:08 AM   #5
Shamal

Try slow breathing and lying still. I find that focussing on clearing my mind makes me too conscious of it and makes it harder to get to sleep.
Shamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 05:05 AM   #6
pauly

Name: paul

Think of something you enjoyed doing during the day and keep replaying it in your mind. And I agree with Shamal too; concentrate on slowly steady breathing.
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 05:33 AM   #7
Andyyy95
Member++

Andyyy95's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

I listen to music and/or read a book. I heard counting sheep works well !

Always open to meeting/talking to people, so feel free to add me as friend or pop up for a chat
Andyyy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 05:39 AM   #8
cyrilmiranda

cyrilmiranda's Forum Picture

Name: Max

I read a book (a TEXTBOOK!!) so that I will slowly fall asleep because who says textbooks aren't boring?? I also watch movies/tv series and I usually fall asleep in the middle of the video so that works for me too.
cyrilmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #9
pjones
VT Lover

pjones's Forum Picture

Name: paul

sometimes i read for awhile, or keep the tv on real low volume to a music channel, that seems to work best

bi nudist
pjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 03:50 PM   #10
mick01
Great Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

I stop worrying about falling asleep and just think of other shit. The more I try to fall asleep the worse it gets so I just think idc if I don't sleep.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 04:39 PM   #11
redi04
Member+

Breathing Melatonin

I have over 250posts PM me anytime or send me a freind request
redi04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:25 PM   #12
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I go on here sometimes or read. I am aloud to drink at home by my parents so a lot of the time I have a couple whiskey Cokes while on here or watching TV. I realize that is definitely not for most of you younger people but I am just being honest what I do.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #13
Jamiec1130

Jamiec1130's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

If I can‘t get to sleep, I just get up and go to where my computer is. Then I sit there on the LinusTechTips forum talking with people for a few hours and get sleepy.

Hi, I'm Jamie. I am open to talking, so message me. I have 69 computers, and I use them for cancer research
Jamiec1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #14
teenboyNathan
Nice Poster

Name: Nathan

Shut your eyes and think of something good in your life. It works for me if I had a stressful day or can't sleep

PM me anytime for a chat

15|Straight-Curious|
teenboyNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #15
elmoc
Member+

1. Melatonin is a medication wth very few side effects identified. It is supposed to make you sleepy. I have never tried it, but 3,cousins use itt & have had extremely good results. It comes in nasal sprays, tablets, & even gummies. Did not see your age, but it might be a good thing to discuss with them.
2. Masturbating? Many males get very tired after masasturbation or sex, & drift off to sleep more easily afterward.
3. This one might sound screwy, but works best for me. It is a bit of relaxation techniques combined with guided imagery.

For me, that relaxation in your situation means mentally instructing each muscle to relax & waiting a few moments before moving onto the next muscles. I lay ok my back & start from my scalp & work down to my toes, talking slow,deep breaths. This should take about 10-15 minutes, but Yogis make it last for hours.

The guided imagery part is fun. After the relaxation part is fun. Since I feel lifeless, I guide myself toward an image of me flying. Not sipping around like Superman, but hovering so special event in my life. Example: my dad bought me MLB baseball tickets a few years ago- just dad & me. We had a great time. So, I might decide to hover over the stadium, watching the game, but also finding my dad & I, with our third based tickets. I mentally "watch" as much as I need, then fly home- of course my body never actually left the bad. I'm sleepy, full of ballpark nachos, hot dogs & such. Then I drift off to sleep.

My point with this llooonnnggg story is that your mide can do amazing things, it you allow it to do so.

Sorry for the long post. If I can help by providing detail, By PMing you through one of these experiences, just PM me.

Take care,
Elmoc

As always, Google is an excellent resource. Skip the first things that are identified as an [ad] advertisement, Mayo Clinic & WebMD good resources. Plz don't use Wikipedia.

Some days you're the bug;
some days you're the windshield.
elmoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #16
chirishlassie731

chirishlassie731's Forum Picture

Name: Colleen

I always try to have a cup of tea before bed because for some reason it relaxes me. Idk if that would be very helpful to you, but I thought it was important to say to stay away from the computer screen when you're restless. Something to do with the lighting fucks up your Circadian Rhythm, and some devices come with the option to turn this aspect off.

Honestly, when I can't sleep I try and rub one out, and that'll do the trick for me
chirishlassie731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #17
Hermes
Awesome Poster

Masturbaing certainly helps - hormones released at orgasm give you a relaxed sleepy feeling.

Also, don't expect miracles - it takes time to wind down from being active to being asleep so it can help to start that wind down even before you are in bed by switching off the TV/laptop/phone/tablet and doing something you find relaxing.

Also, if you drink anything with caffeine in: coffee, tea, coke, energy drinks etc. don't drink these in the evening - stick to the morning and afternoon.
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:01 PM   #18
NewLeafsFan
Nice Poster

Name: Cedrick

Yes. If I can't sleep, I masturbate and try again. Usually I fall asleep much easier then.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:05 PM   #19
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Not easily. Sometimes I'll read or play Minesweeper on my phone. If I'm in a bad mood, I listen to Rufus Wainwright's album, "Poses".

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote