Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 2nd, 2017, 11:16 PM   #1
ItsJustSomeone

ItsJustSomeone's Forum Picture

Name: Winona Sylvie
Location: I live in Willy Wonka's factory. Perhaps I'll move into Neverland sometime.
Default Dealing with negative thoughts

Whenever I'm feeling depressed or something, people always tell me to think positive- and I have to admit, I haven't really been trying. But honestly, when I sink into those days when I can barely bring myself to do anything other than sleep or overthink, I can't see much above the horizon of the "bright side of things". All I think is that I'm unwanted, ugly and alone, regardless of how much I try to convince myself the opposite is the reality. I know my life really is wonderful, but I'm blind to that, and it's hard to live that way sometimes. I'm currently trying to find some professional help for my anxiety and such, but until then, have any of you gone through this? How do you cope? Any advice is appreciated!
ItsJustSomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 12:54 AM   #2
Sere
Member++

Sere's Forum Picture

Name: Sere
Default Re: Dealing with negative thoughts

I got this feeling often in my dark times. I feel it slowly coming on again but that's only postponable.
I would try coping with it by focusing on other things and trying to push through. These things didn't help and just gave me quite a bit more pain and sadness inside of me... Im sure I was told to think positive which I would ignore and think horribly about me and my future. I'm sorry for nearly no advice, but i have felt this before. @ItsJustSomeone

Hello I'm Sere
If you wanna talk or need help on anything at all,
hit me up!
I used to be hjhj
Sere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #3
ItsJustSomeone

ItsJustSomeone's Forum Picture

Name: Winona Sylvie
Location: I live in Willy Wonka's factory. Perhaps I'll move into Neverland sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhj View Post
I got this feeling often in my dark times. I feel it slowly coming on again but that's only postponable.
I would try coping with it by focusing on other things and trying to push through. These things didn't help and just gave me quite a bit more pain and sadness inside of me... Im sure I was told to think positive which I would ignore and think horribly about me and my future. I'm sorry for nearly no advice, but i have felt this before. @ItsJustSomeone
Oh, don't worry about it! I'm still thankful for the little pieces of advice. It's actually a little comforting to know I'm not the only one who gets this. I'll see where this goes as time passes on. I wish you good luck, though; if you need a hand, I'm here.
ItsJustSomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 08:53 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You may have clinical depression. The idea of going for professional help is the best.

I have juvenile arthritis and fibromyalgia which are and can be painful. Along with this it has caused depression & anxiety. I am on antidepressants but they don't totally stop your feelings. I put on my favorite music when I feel down or think back on all the fun and great things I have done or seen if I can't have my music. It kind of helps me out.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote