Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2018, 03:29 PM   #1
qwfoi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: January 1, 2015
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Admins

Hello, need to ask if an admin here can wipe all of my posts, threads that I started, etc. pretty much just get rid of everything that I did. Cheers.

Side note - I'm sorry but it really is very ridiculous that users can't delete their accounts. There's no reason to have such a system in place and in fact I find it disgusting.
Likes: (1)
qwfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2018, 04:43 PM   #2
Atlantis
Global Moderator
 
Atlantis's Forum Picture
 
Name: George
Join Date: November 27, 2015
Location: Planet Earth
Gender: Male
Default Re: Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwfoi View Post
Hello, need to ask if an admin here can wipe all of my posts, threads that I started, etc. pretty much just get rid of everything that I did. Cheers.

Side note - I'm sorry but it really is very ridiculous that users can't delete their accounts. There's no reason to have such a system in place and in fact I find it disgusting.
Get in touch with any of the senior staff (@Sailor Mars , @Elysium, @xXl0sth0peXx) and they will be able to help you.

I think this kind of thing is better left to the staff as otherwise people would be deleting their posts left right and centre leaving confusing gaps in threads and would make it harder for the staff to keep on top of any rule breaking etc.




Global Moderator
aka Endeavour

[email protected] PM
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 09:43 PM   #3
Ellia
Member+
 
Ellia's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2017
Gender: Female
Default Re: Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwfoi View Post
I'm sorry but it really is very ridiculous that users can't delete their accounts. There's no reason to have such a system in place and in fact I find it disgusting.

I agree, I really care about my privacy and I know eventually I am going to want to delete my posts here as well.
Ellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 11:23 PM   #4
Phosphene
Word Shaker
 
Phosphene's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 27, 2016
Location: The Crystal Kaleidoscope
Age: 17
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 22
Default Re: Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellia View Post
I agree, I really care about my privacy and I know eventually I am going to want to delete my posts here as well.
As @Endeavour said, giving non-staff members the ability to self-delete would make it harder for the staff to handle rule breakages. It could also erase a significant amount of content from the forums, e.g. if a member went through and deleted all their posts and they were the OP of ongoing threads that members post quite frequently in. Not to mention topics posted here could contain useful advice for future (and current) members. In regards to privacy, you can edit any personal information out of your profile at your discretion, whether it be your name, ways to contact you, or your location, and the rules against posting certain personal info publicly and sharing it with members in any way are meant to protect your privacy and ensure your safety. You are always in control of how much you are willing to share.

"The question is, what color will everything be at that moment when I come for you? What will the sky be saying?" ~Death, from The Book Thief
The Treasure Trove 🦄 Probe My Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by an anonymous, totally Satanist and Socialist ginger
Satan was kicked out for being different
God must be a republican
Likes: (1)
Phosphene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 11:38 PM   #5
Ellia
Member+
 
Ellia's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 27, 2017
Gender: Female
Default Re: Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphene View Post
As @Endeavour said, giving non-staff members the ability to self-delete would make it harder for the staff to handle rule breakages. It could also erase a significant amount of content from the forums, e.g. if a member went through and deleted all their posts and they were the OP of ongoing threads that members post quite frequently in. Not to mention topics posted here could contain useful advice for future (and current) members. In regards to privacy, you can edit any personal information out of your profile at your discretion, whether it be your name, ways to contact you, or your location, and the rules against posting certain personal info publicly and sharing it with members in any way are meant to protect your privacy and ensure your safety. You are always in control of how much you are willing to share.
I understand it could make it harder to read threads chronologically, but what is more important, your right to privacy or the way the forum posts read? Have you heard of GDPR? It was a law that got passed and gives any user in europe the right to be forgotten on any website, even those hosted in America. Anyone in violation faces a multimillion dollar fine, that law does not apply to me unfortunately, But it applies to a lot of users here, vt seems to not be complying with it as of right now, which is not good the way I understand it, they have to. If they do not, I would like to know.

Here is a sum of what GDPR covers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...ation/dwgu5g4/
Ellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 11:59 PM   #6
Phosphene
Word Shaker
 
Phosphene's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 27, 2016
Location: The Crystal Kaleidoscope
Age: 17
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 22
Default Re: Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellia View Post
I understand it could make it harder to read threads chronologically, but what is more important, your right to privacy or the way the forum posts read? Have you heard of GDPR? It was a law that got passed and gives any user in europe the right to be forgotten on any website, even those hosted in America. Anyone in violation faces a multimillion dollar fine, that law does not apply to me unfortunately, But it applies to a lot of users here, vt seems to not be complying with it as of right now, which is not good the way I understand it, they have to. If they do not, I would like to know.

Here is a sum of what GDPR covers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...ation/dwgu5g4/
I have not read about it, thank you for the link. To keep the thread from going off-topic, I'll just end by saying that the main point of what I said - you're at liberty to disclose what you are comfortable with - still stands, and I'd suggest talking to a senior staff member directly about your concern.

"The question is, what color will everything be at that moment when I come for you? What will the sky be saying?" ~Death, from The Book Thief
The Treasure Trove 🦄 Probe My Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by an anonymous, totally Satanist and Socialist ginger
Satan was kicked out for being different
God must be a republican
Phosphene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org