Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 28th, 2017, 04:18 AM   #1
skittlesh

Default Losing weight

Idrk where to post this so here seems best I don't have an eating disorder but I am a little chubby my arms are weak af and I'm pretty unfit. I would like to achieve 2 things build muscle and lose weight. I can't really use the gym but I can run swim and cycle 🚲 I just don't know how to go about losing the weight thanks any help
skittlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 04:28 AM   #2
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Default Re: Losing weight

I am trying the same thing at the moment xD Do you could your calories?? Because you will be surprised how much crap you consume without even realising it!! I recommend you use this tool to find out how many calories you should eat in a day and then eat less!! I wouldn't worry about fancy diets too much buddy, as long as you burn more than you take in, you will lose weight!!

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 07:07 AM   #3
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Eating Disorders Sports and Fitness

Posts about how to lead a more active lifestyle, like this one, fit better here.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 09:10 AM   #4
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
I am trying the same thing at the moment xD Do you could your calories?? Because you will be surprised how much crap you consume without even realising it!! I recommend you use this tool to find out how many calories you should eat in a day and then eat less!! I wouldn't worry about fancy diets too much buddy, as long as you burn more than you take in, you will lose weight!!
two oreos is almost the same amount (if not more) of calories as a can of coke. and I can eat those things like there's no tomorrow haha. calories are certainly a huge part of it. you provided them with a great tool.

in addition to your cardio, if you can't go to the gym (I understand that is not an option for everyone) do a lot of pushups, situps, pull ups (if you don't have a place at your house go to a local park or something, there should be something you can use) and a lot of those exercises. you might not build the same amount of muscle as if you were going the gym, but it will certainly help and it is better than nothing.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #5
devotionnel
VT Lover

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay

Like the above users you can count calories and track your exercise, using apps like MyFitnessPal or Samsung Health (Android) are both free and they can be used as pedometers and calorie counters. I don't know about other apps but with S Health you can even input the exercise that you do, i.e. if you swam lengths for 60 mins it can tell you how many calories you potentially burned. You can also compare it to other people using the app. Side note: most of these apps are free!

Like Flapjack said if you burn as much as you take in you should be set to lose weight! Cardio is the primary fat burner so running up/down stairs, jogging instead of walking etc can help you burn calories.

Also eating healthy is going to help tremendously!! Foods high in fibre (think kale and spinach) and protein (fish and eggs) are definitely weight loss friendly. Dieting can be hard if you still live at home but even the little things help, like changing a chocolate or salty snack for a portion of fruit or vegetables. Also be sure to drink loads of water or even green tea (if you can) cause it's good for losing weight as well as being really good for your skin and body

Good luck!

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 10:57 AM   #6
Niceguy17

Niceguy17's Forum Picture

Name: justin

It's all about calorie intake. Burn more than you eat and you'll lose weight.
Niceguy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 01:38 AM   #7
skittlesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotionnel View Post
Like the above users you can count calories and track your exercise, using apps like MyFitnessPal or Samsung Health (Android) are both free and they can be used as pedometers and calorie counters. I don't know about other apps but with S Health you can even input the exercise that you do, i.e. if you swam lengths for 60 mins it can tell you how many calories you potentially burned. You can also compare it to other people using the app. Side note: most of these apps are free!

Like Flapjack said if you burn as much as you take in you should be set to lose weight! Cardio is the primary fat burner so running up/down stairs, jogging instead of walking etc can help you burn calories.

Also eating healthy is going to help tremendously!! Foods high in fibre (think kale and spinach) and protein (fish and eggs) are definitely weight loss friendly. Dieting can be hard if you still live at home but even the little things help, like changing a chocolate or salty snack for a portion of fruit or vegetables. Also be sure to drink loads of water or even green tea (if you can) cause it's good for losing weight as well as being really good for your skin and body

Good luck!
Thats not a problem!!! I love green tea favourite things
skittlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 02:02 AM   #8
devotionnel
VT Lover

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesh View Post
Thats not a problem!!! I love green tea favourite things
Green tea could really help you, then! Having a cup of green tea or a glass of water before you eat can help you reduce your appetite a little, therefore less calorie intake

Have you progressed since writing the thread? Has anything worked for you?

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote