Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 29th, 2017, 11:26 AM   #1
EssentialAspiration
Junior Member+

Default Afraid

I am beginning to seriously fear the path I'm heading down. I haven't felt good about anything in a seriously long time and I am beginning to think things won't ever get better. I've been trying to do this alone but I've come to accept that I can't do that. I can't talk to family or friends as I don't want people to know. I'm happy to speak to a councillor or something like that but I thought it would be alot easier to find one. I'm based in the UK so I thought I could find someone to talk to on the NHS confidentially easily given the recent increase in mental health awareness (not saying I'm mentally ill just saying I thought it had gotten easier to find help).
EssentialAspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #2
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Default Re: Afraid

@EssentialAspiration

First off, it is good that you want to improve. That is essential to actually improving because you're the one whose thoughts and actions influence you the most. Take full advantage of any services you can, maybe you won't find the right counselor for you at your first shot but keep trying if you're sure it will help. Having someone to talk to always makes things better. You can open up here too, we are all here to help and support you.

There's something else I felt was worth mentioning. Look at your username. EssentialAspiration - what does that mean to you? I know it seems like things won't get better right now, but I have full confidence they will. Please believe me. We all have good days and bad days; that's inevitable. But aspiration is a beautiful thing. Surround yourself with people and things that make you look forward to tomorrow and make suffering the bad days worth it. Aspire to see the good in life and stop dwelling on the parts that are less desirable. You are a lovely person who deserves to be happy, and I know this with all my heart.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:54 AM   #3
Coolteenboy
Member++

Coolteenboy's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Rose View Post
@EssentialAspiration

First off, it is good that you want to improve. That is essential to actually improving because you're the one whose thoughts and actions influence you the most. Take full advantage of any services you can, maybe you won't find the right counselor for you at your first shot but keep trying if you're sure it will help. Having someone to talk to always makes things better. You can open up here too, we are all here to help and support you.

There's something else I felt was worth mentioning. Look at your username. EssentialAspiration - what does that mean to you? I know it seems like things won't get better right now, but I have full confidence they will. Please believe me. We all have good days and bad days; that's inevitable. But aspiration is a beautiful thing. Surround yourself with people and things that make you look forward to tomorrow and make suffering the bad days worth it. Aspire to see the good in life and stop dwelling on the parts that are less desirable. You are a lovely person who deserves to be happy, and I know this with all my heart.
I agree with A. R.
It takes ALOT ofcouage to self seek to the point u r at, and GUTS to face reality.
Noone thinks ure mentally ill. Quite the contrary, those who know people, give you CREDIT for seeing the reality of where ure at.
Like AR said, we all have good /bad days.
Make the most of each one. Saying i heard is :
"yesterday is gone like a puff 9f smoke in the wind.
Tomorrow is not here yet, nor is it a promise.
All we have is today. Make the most of it!"
Ull be in my prayers.

I'm up to chat about anything!
Hit me up!!
Coolteenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 10:48 PM   #4
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialAspiration View Post
I am beginning to seriously fear the path I'm heading down. I haven't felt good about anything in a seriously long time and I am beginning to think things won't ever get better. I've been trying to do this alone but I've come to accept that I can't do that. I can't talk to family or friends as I don't want people to know. I'm happy to speak to a councillor or something like that but I thought it would be alot easier to find one. I'm based in the UK so I thought I could find someone to talk to on the NHS confidentially easily given the recent increase in mental health awareness (not saying I'm mentally ill just saying I thought it had gotten easier to find help).
It is a brave step of you to want to go out and seek help and I really hope you will find a good councillor to speak to. It's quite important to chose the right person so if you find you aren't comfortable don't force yourself but find someone else since a bad councillor is worse than no councillor at once.

But I advise you that once you found someone to work on your problems with you also should tell your family and friends to some extend. Trying to keep up appearances with them will make your work out of the crisis/depressions unnecessary complicated.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:28 PM   #5
Freckles

Freckles's Forum Picture

Name: Nathan

I know it's very hard to find someone to talk to about your issues. I'm dealing with some things in my past that I had no part of but were killing me inside. Somethings that help me are having a private spot where you can go and think and even pray. A place where you can relax. For me that is under a bridge near buy. Another is to have someone you can vent to. Expressing your feelings is to me more than half the cure. The other is to see someone who is trained to help you. for me it's my youth pastor. Like you so well put it, you can't do it on your own. There are people who can and want to help. Even if you aren't a church goer many pastors will still be willing to counsel with you.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #6
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

I think your making a huge step forward for yourself. Congrats on that. Admitting there's a problem is usually the hardest part. Nobody wants a stigma that we're not "normal" cause we have "problems" and need help sorting them out. Reality is, that's about as normal gets. We all have problems. And we all need to sort them out. Having the tools to do that isn't so easy

People who posted gave some great advice imo. I hope you take someof it.

If your in school, you can always talk to a counselor there. But also, I wouldn't keep your family in the dark about this. Not passing judgement, and I'm sure you have your reasons. But family is just that. Family. And there your family through thick and thin. I really feel they'd wana know what's up and if something's bothering you. Especially if you know you need help. Why not turn to the ones who love you for their help and support?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 04:01 AM   #7
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Well I hope that you can find a counselor to talk to. Know that you also have friends here that will listen to you and will try and help if we can.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote