Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:46 AM   #1
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Default what do you think of your scars?

A lot of people feel the need to hide their scars. On the contrary many people say they wear them like a badge of honor, that they're proud because they symbolize their struggle etc., and that's fine for them but I absolutely cannot relate.

I'm ashamed of my scars because I was stupid for cutting myself. It was a stupid phase I went through, and I can't believe I ruined my body through choices I made. It's a downright stupid thing to do. I don't like to show my arms because other people nine times out of ten think it's stupid too. Most of them are around 4-5 years old and so they're done healing. They're probably not gonna get much less visible. I would love to not feel bad about them but given my opinion on cutting having gone through it, I'm never gonna not feel bad about them.

What do you think of your scars?
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2017, 01:54 AM   #2
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Re: what do you think of your scars?

A lot of the time I do feel self-conscious about my arms because of the scars but I think they could've been a lot worse. At the time I thought ahead and cared for them after so the scars wouldn't be as bad and it has definitely paid off. They're not raised, and since my arms are really pale they're only a little dark. I think I just notice them more because I know they're there but I've been able to wear tshirts around people and they haven't noticed. I know that if they did they would 100% say something.

I usually wear long sleeved shirts/hoodies when I can but I tend to get reallyyy hot very easily so I have no choice. The very few people in person that do know about them just take no notice and that's how I prefer it. I have to wear a short sleeved polo for work and I'm kind of worried about people like my work colleagues noticing them, but I mean it's my own fault at the end of the day for doing it in such a stupid place.

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #3
kye042

Name: Kye

I really love my scars, even though I'm still a self harmer. They're in my hips and thighs, and nobody sees them, so when I look at them I imagine my life in the future, looking back on them, being proud.
But I did it recently in my wrist, which was one of the most stupid decisions I've ever made. I feel so self conscious and I can't handle anyone seeing me without a ton of bracelets and jackets.
So i feel several ways. I guess I'm scared of what people would think, otherwise I'd be fine. It's kinda complicated.
kye042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:21 PM   #4
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I'm ashamed of my scars because I was stupid for cutting myself. It was a stupid phase I went through, and I can't believe I ruined my body through choices I made. It's a downright stupid thing to do.
Same here. Reminds me of a bad time where I turned to bad things. I hated myself at that time, and the people I was around, and those who I no longer (and will never) relate to or want to think about. It was a stupid thing to do and it reminds me of how stupid I was at the time.

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #5
Desynchronized
Member+

Desynchronized's Forum Picture

Name: Jason

I actually cut under my feet so none could easily see it(ouch). And they have faded since. So either way i don't really have any feelings bout them.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.
-Will Rogers
Desynchronized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 06:14 PM   #6
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

I don't scare much and when i do they fade to the point I can't see them... But on the day water makes them more visible or the sun.. I hate them on my good days and on my bad days they are "cut here" lines

Fallow the raven to find the wolf
Kooy is offline   Reply With Quote