Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old July 6th, 2017, 12:29 AM   #1
Android29

Post A car for a VERY tall teen

I am 16 and looking for my first car. Sounds fairly easy right? Here is the kicker... I am 6' 7''... So unfortunately, I wont fit in normal car. I am willing to do just about anything to find a car I can fit comfortably in that will last me through college. I have looked at all of the websites that say, "Best cars for tall people" but the majority don't fit me.

Any ideas on a car for me?

Last edited by Android29; July 6th, 2017 at 01:13 AM.
Old July 6th, 2017, 02:53 AM   #2
devotionnel
VT Lover

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Re: A car for a VERY tall teen

The one thing I can kind of suggest is having a car that can suitably adjust the chair forwards/backwards. That way you'll have more leg room and will feel infinitely more comfortable in your car.

I would also go against getting a car with a sunroof as it's been told that it can reduce the amount of headroom in the front 2 seats.

Have you looked at convertibles? I know that they can be pretty pricey but with the top down you have infinite headroom. The only issue with that is that the weather can be bad and you can't have the top down all the time. Even then with convertibles some cars tend to have not much headroom when the top is up.

The only cars that really come to mind are Land Rovers because they're big cars in general, but I'm like just under a foot shorter than you so I can't be a good judge of that

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
Old July 6th, 2017, 06:40 AM   #3
Bull
Awesome Poster

Bull's Forum Picture

Name: Bill also known as Will

At 6'4" I am comfortable in my Jeep and my mother's Navigator. I also fit in Ford 150. Cars, not so much, except my grandfather's ancient Lincoln Town Car. lol

Treat all people in the same way you want to be treated. Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself. Dismiss hate. Embrace love.
Old July 6th, 2017, 07:19 AM   #4
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

@Android29

I think money is the main problem here. There are many tall cars, SUV's or even trucks that you'll easily fit in but they'll most likely be a bit expensive for a 16 year old. It all depends on your budget really. I'd advice a used car, definitely. I think a used Jeep Wrangler may be a good choice, since those aren't massive and I don't think they'll be extremely expensive (still expensive though, but that can't really be avoided). Try to avoid luxury SUV's like BMW's, Mercedes', Range and Land Rovers or even Volvo's (they're not like the first three, since those will be very expensive, but still a bit too expensive). It's really hard to say what car would be ideal for you since it's a budget thing. I would try to stick with smaller SUV's like the Wrangler or similar models if your budget allows that.

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Old July 6th, 2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Android29

Convertibles do work for me...just not when I close the top... I live in a climate where I couldn't have the top down year round. I have not looked at the navigator yet, but it might be too big. The problem with the adjustable seat idea is that without a telescoping steering wheel that moves forwards and backwards I am too far from the steering wheel. :/ As long as it's under 25k I, and my parent, can afford it.
Old July 6th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #6
Dmaxd123
Member+

i'd look at an older ranger, had a tall friend that drove one. really any of the truck/suv's will probably be more accommodating partially just how the seats put you vs a sports car where you sit down into the seat so different ergonomics
Old July 9th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #7
Android29

Sorry for a late reply,

The ranger is not a bad Idea, The main problem is legroom for me, I drive my moms full-size pickup truck, and can barely fit my legs in it. In most cars, trucks, suvs, etc I sit like I am in a chair, which can get very uncomfortable... Meh, I'll have to sacrifice something to fit in my price range.
Old July 10th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #8
weekend
Member+

weekend's Forum Picture

look for vehicles that have manual seats and no sunroof/moonroof if fitting comfortably is ur top priority (which it probably should be)

i'm 6'2" and i don't fit properly in a lot of driver seats so i can imagine ur struggle. also, a telescoping wheel is pretty important like you said... the problem is most vehicles with a telescoping wheel will have power seats..

honestly, i have a lot to say on this topic. i'll just make a list so this isn't an essay

1. avoid old (1996-2006) japanese cars. 100% you won't fit
2. probably avoid old korean cars too
3. avoid vehicles w/ power seats
4. avoid vehicles w/ a sunroof or moonroof
5. maybe look for something with a telescoping steering wheel
6. maybe shave ur head... LUL
7. guess and check. test drives test drives test drives test drives

i remember reading an AMA on reddit with a guy that's 7'2" or something and he said he drives a Ford transit because it's the only thing he's fit in... so, if all else fails..

here's a guy on youtube that took his seat out and put a custom one in for more room

P.S. do NOT buy a new car with an automatic transmission. there's literally no logical reason to do this and waste ur money. with a manual it's understandable (you know no one drove above redline/grinded the gears/smoked the clutch... you know every gear will engage smoothly). don't even bother looking at new cars unless ur interested in getting a manual. even if u get an auto with a transmission that's almost shot you can get the entire thing replaced for 5k and it's still cheaper than buying something new
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #9
LRSSS02
Member+

LRSSS02's Forum Picture

Name: Reid

an All-American truck should do!
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:04 AM   #10
teeeem

teeeem's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy

I guess your best bet is a full-sized car

19 || straight/curious
feel free to pm me always open to new things
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:43 AM   #11
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Don’t bump threads that are two or more months inactive @teeeem

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Closed Thread