Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

View Poll Results: What's your favorite character?
Arya Stark 6 18.75%
Tyrion Lannister 9 28.13%
Jon Snow 8 25.00%
Daenerys Targaryen 9 28.13%
Petyr Baelish 2 6.25%
Varys 2 6.25%
Melissandre 3 9.38%
Jaime Lannister 1 3.13%
Joffrey Baratheon (lol) 0 0%
Hodor (lolol) 1 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 3rd, 2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Orange Kenny

Orange Kenny's Forum Picture

Name: Zach
Default Game of Thrones

Hey people.

Have you ever watched GoT?
I hadn't, for a long time. I kept hearing it's the best show ever, everyone should watch it etc. So I did and I found out they were probably right.
I mean, I wouldn't name it the greatest thing I've ever watched, but it's really interesting, full of suspense, a whole bunch of characters to hate or like and so forth.

If you have watched it, what, out of all that's happened, has mostly caught your interest? Who's your favorite character? Who's your least favorite? Why?

I'd say my favorite one's Arya Stark, not because I prefer the Starks over all the other Houses (not even close), but because she's just a great character. She's strong, decisive, doesn't care about being a typical lady, she fights for what she wants, she goes after revenge for her family with any means she's got, she has no interest in any kind of throne whatsoever. Plus she's really beautiful and caring to the ones she loves.
To me, her story in the show is the most interesting one, I'm dying to see what will become of her and I really hope she doesn't end up dead or defeated.

I mean, it's really intriguing to see a character in the show that doesn't care for thrones, kingdom honors etc. She's independent and has a life of her own. At some point she said she would like to travel far west from Westeros and find out what's there. I think that's really liberating. She's sort of got her own adventurous universe, you know?

For all these reasons, I hate her sister Sansa, who's more or less a pretentious little princess, a constant crying victim of her own diffidence and servility. People say she's grown to a strong woman but I really don't see it. I mean, if it weren't for people around her risking their life to keep her safe, she'd be gone a long time now.

Other characters I like would be Tyrion Lannister, The Hound (he's got a personal sense of justice that's very interesting), Robert Baratheon, Beric Dondarrion, and if I could relate to somebody, that would definitely be the one and only, the loving, fun, charming and constantly horny Oberyn Martell

So let me know what you think, maybe what would you expect from the series etc. I created a poll to make it more fun (wish I could add more questions but you can elaborate here).

Also, I urge you to keep this thread spoiler free. We could just describe characters and affairs without mentioning at all if they're dead or alive, or what's happened to them for that matter.

I need a drink.

Last edited by Orange Kenny; July 3rd, 2017 at 11:13 AM.
Orange Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:07 PM   #2
refrigeratorx
Nice Poster

refrigeratorx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Game of Thrones

Are we watching the same show? Have you not seen Sansa's character growth? She isn't that character she was in the first two seasons. Glorifying the idea of being a princess etc. she's seen a lot of things and has learned to play the game. Who else could manipulate Petyr Baelish into doing what she wants to benefit her.

(Also you can't really have a healthy discussion without talking about actual events and stuff so spoilers are imminent)

Curious about life
I can be fun...

Stop asking if things are "normal" because they ARE.

refrigeratorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:45 PM   #3
Orange Kenny

So you just like Sansa?

I need a drink.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 01:03 PM   #4
refrigeratorx
Nice Poster

refrigeratorx's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Kenny View Post
So you just like Sansa?
No, I like many characters, I just didnt agree with what u said.

Curious about life
I can be fun...

Stop asking if things are "normal" because they ARE.

refrigeratorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 03:47 PM   #5
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

My favourite character was Eddard Stark.... XD I choose Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen because I think they are really interesting complex characters!! Oh and I totally ship them :') Can't wait for season 7!!

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:19 AM   #6
ShineintheDark
Nice Poster

Name: Magnus

It's a shame that Catelyn wasn't an option because, even after all the terrible thigns that have happened to the Stark family and all the people she's lost, she remained noble and strong until the end. I especially love the monologue she gave to Tulisa when on the road about Jon Snow because it gives a fantastic insight into her tortured and divided heart about accepting the child of a woman that she always thought took her husband from her.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #7
Orange Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
It's a shame that Catelyn wasn't an option because, even after all the terrible thigns that have happened to the Stark family and all the people she's lost, she remained noble and strong until the end. I especially love the monologue she gave to Tulisa when on the road about Jon Snow because it gives a fantastic insight into her tortured and divided heart about accepting the child of a woman that she always thought took her husband from her.
The poll's pretty basic, that's why I said you should choose freely in a post and/or elaborate.
About Catelyn, I always think of her as the perfect tragic heroine. All the tragic situations she would find herself in, like, the more she loves her family, the more bad things happen to them! She's forever trying to stand up and surpass the ominous fate, without success.
It's interesting that the writers don't want to sanctify her. All the things she's done are not right. She's ain't a sacred person at all. But all she does is out of love for her children, a love beyond good and evil.

I need a drink.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #8
azurzg
Member+

azurzg's Forum Picture

Name: Azur

Eddard!
azurzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #9
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
My favourite character was Eddard Stark.... XD I choose Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen because I think they are really interesting complex characters!! Oh and I totally ship them :') Can't wait for season 7!!
Eddard Stark was my second favorite. I enjoyed Barristan Selmy. who wouldn't want to be one of the most feared fighters in all of Westros even at such an old age.

both were men of high character though.

I guess out of the choices from the list I would go with Varys or Little Finger

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #10
azurzg
Member+

azurzg's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
Varys or Little Finger
Both are creepy!
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #11
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurzg View Post
Both are creepy!
Both are two of the best players of the Game of Thrones. the way they're able to do what they do is incredible. both characters are incredible. the question was not who is the prettiest. the question was not who is the nicest. the question was who is your favorite. they probably have more depth to them than any other character. think about everything Little Finger was able to accomplish. what he started in Season 1/Before Season 1 is still impacted now. the show would suck with out them

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:32 PM   #12
azurzg
Member+

azurzg's Forum Picture

Quote:
Both are two of the best players of the Game of Thrones. the way they're able to do what they do is incredible. both characters are incredible. the question was not who is the prettiest. the question was not who is the nicest. the question was who is your favorite. they probably have more depth to them than any other character. think about everything Little Finger was able to accomplish. what he started in Season 1/Before Season 1 is still impacted now. the show would suck with out them
Oh, I agree! Takes a lot of ... skill (I guess that's the word)... to be that creepy.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:37 PM   #13
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Oh, I agree! Takes a lot of ... skill (I guess that's the word)... to be that creepy.
takes a lot of skill to manipulate everyone else in the entire world. how old are you? do you even watch the Game of Thrones and if you do, do you truly understand what's going on? if that's all you can say is creepy and you cannot have an intelligible conversation about this, Game of Thrones is probably not for you.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:45 PM   #14
azurzg
Member+

azurzg's Forum Picture

Quote:
takes a lot of skill to manipulate everyone else in the entire world. how old are you? do you even watch the Game of Thrones and if you do, do you truly understand what's going on? if that's all you can say is creepy and you cannot have an intelligible conversation about this, Game of Thrones is probably not for you.
Seth, honey, no need for condescending words.
I'm 17. I watch Game of Thrones religiously and am very familiar with the plot and characters. I happen to find both of these characters creepy, though Littlefinger a bit more so.
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:49 PM   #15
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Seth, honey, no need for condescending words.
I'm 17. I watch Game of Thrones religiously and am very familiar with the plot and characters. I happen to find both of these characters creepy, though Littlefinger a bit more so.
creepy in what ways? the way they manipulate people? that's the point of them. these two individuals are close to being the most powerful men in the show/game. who has greater influence over kings and nations and people then these two. even if you find it creepy with how they do what they do, that doesn't stop them from being arguably the most influential members from the start of the show. and I am not trying to be mean, I am sorry it sounded that way, but have something else to say other than they're creepy

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #16
azurzg
Member+

azurzg's Forum Picture

So, here's an example...
Ros is crying. Her friend's baby was killed in front of her.
What does the creep do?
Weren't you hoping he'd comfort her? Rather than threaten to sell her if she does not smile for the next customer?
Old July 13th, 2017, 01:05 PM   #17
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
So, here's an example...
Ros is crying. Her friend's baby was killed in front of her.
What does the creep do?
Weren't you hoping he'd comfort her? Rather than threaten to sell her if she does not smile for the next customer?
most people would but again, your comparing him to the average joe schmo. If you understand he is the most manipulative man in the Game of Thrones then it adds to his character. the only person he might have ever cared about is Cat. it is all a game for him and his end goal is the Iron Throne.

by saying he was one of my favorites from the list (keep in mind, I quite clearly said Eddard and Barristan Selmy were my favorites) I am not saying he is a good guy. I am saying he is the best written and acted character (along with Varys). they're some of the most complex characters and the fact you have two of the greatest minds who want the same thing makes it interesting to see everything they're going to do.

sure Jon Snow is a great person, not really all that complex of a character. not that interesting either. Daenerys wants the throne, but she herself is not the most complex or compelling character.

again, the question was not who is the most moral character. who is your favorite. since mine were not on the list, I went with the ones who I thought were the best. and to be fair, Eddard and Barristan are not the most complex either compared to Little Finger and Varys.

I am a character type of guy. I don't watch House of Cards and say Frank Underwood is a meanine poo. I root for Frank Underwood as many of the viewers do, despite the evil man he is. would I support such evil men in real life? no, but these are shows, not real life

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old August 13th, 2017, 12:58 AM   #18
Niceguy17

Niceguy17's Forum Picture

Name: justin

I'm kinda upset cersei wasn't an option, so I had to opt for john snow for a close second.
Niceguy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #19
Diana2002

Diana2002's Forum Picture

Name: Diana

I'm still waiting for Ned Stark to return ))))
Diana2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2017, 02:46 AM   #20
Orange Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2002 View Post
I'm still waiting for Ned Stark to return ))))
Gosh, I hate to be that guy... But... I really don't see that happening. Too happy of a turn for GRRM standards.

I need a drink.