Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 1st, 2014, 01:31 AM   #1
nonamejim

Name: Jim
Default ADD and Violent Thoughts...?

I think I made a mistake posting this. This is no longer an issue for me and I don't want this post to come back and haunt me in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by nonamejim; August 23rd, 2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: No longer an issue
nonamejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:12 AM   #2
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Default Re: ADD and Violent Thoughts...?

That's not due to ADHD. ADHD might might run with it, but I think it's a separate issue. Since you are willing to talk to your folks and get therapy, I think you should just cut to the chase and do that, instead of putting yourself through a lot of misery and then doing it. I've had therapy for similar issues and it did wonders in helping me deal with it and get through it. I started off by talking to a school counselor, who pretty much knew what was causing my behavior right off the bat - because he'd counseled so many other kids with similar issues.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:20 AM   #3
nonamejim

Name: Jim

Yeah that's probably my best bet... I'll see if I can set something up. Can I ask what it was for you?
nonamejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:34 AM   #4
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Self harm and anger issues. What caused it is complex life history stuff. That's why I needed the counseling / therapy, to help unravel it.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #5
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
That's not due to ADHD. ADHD might might run with it, but I think it's a separate issue. Since you are willing to talk to your folks and get therapy, I think you should just cut to the chase and do that, instead of putting yourself through a lot of misery and then doing it. I've had therapy for similar issues and it did wonders in helping me deal with it and get through it. I started off by talking to a school counselor, who pretty much knew what was causing my behavior right off the bat - because he'd counseled so many other kids with similar issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
Self harm and anger issues. What caused it is complex life history stuff. That's why I needed the counseling / therapy, to help unravel it.
Huge amount of agreement/relating to what Ezra said.

I have SEVERE anger issues, possible BPD, possible OCD/OCD tendencies, bipolar/bipolar related disorder, which can all factor into these types of feelings.

But really. SEVERE anger problems. I get so worked up and upset over (potentially SIMPLE) things that I literally cause myself to pass out. I've raised my pulse to frightening levels when I've gotten angry before.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote