Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 9th, 2018, 03:24 PM   #1
chartreuse

Unhappy Is there a term for this???

My mother and I have always had a rocky relationship and I wanted to know if there are things that she does which have terms for them (like gaslighting or something) Iím the youngest in my family (16 years old) and I have a 33 year old brother and a 35 year old sister, Iíve always felt like I wasnít apart of the family because I was never involved in things and I have proof of this because my family donít tell me anything. My cousin has recently has a baby with his girlfriend and I had no idea she was pregnant or that they were even still together until a week to her due date, my mother said she thought that I knew but no one had said anything to me, I then asked her if my cousin was living in *random town name* or if he was still living in my aunts house and she said what she frequently says; ďdonít you be telling anybody where he lives or anything!Ē Iíve never understood why she shouts this at me so often because I have very few friends and Iím not close to anyone in our immediate family that I would talk to them about this. Other things that I wasnít told about where my aunts minor heart attack or my grandmothers cancer diagnosis, I wanted to know if there was a term for this or if Iím just being paranoid please help X
chartreuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 08:43 PM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Is there a term for this???

Iíd say thatís called feeling excluded and Iím really sorry you feel that way. Sounds really lonely

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 10:25 PM   #3
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

I'm not quite sure if there is a term for it it might be categorised as a former of emotional abuse in its broader sense.
I understand that being left out like that isn't nice and that you feel bad about it. I think this happens because of the huge age gap in your family. Maybe your Mom doesn't realise she can treat you and talk to you like to an adult now, too.
Did you ever talk to her about your feelings like you describe them here?
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:53 PM   #4
OldNewGuy
Member++

Name: Ben

Your not paranoid. Donít worry. Thats really just being excluded. I donít know about any terms.

PM me any time if you wanna chat!

ďWhen I try to be funny, iím not funny. When I donít try to be funny, iím still not funnyĒ -A not so funny person
OldNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote