Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #1
RideOrDie
Banned

Name: Desirae (Des)
Default My Story

Hey guys! Can't believe I'm already sharing this with everyone, but you guys have been really friendly to me, and I feel comfortable enough. Last year when I was 15, I was in an abusive relationship with someone. It started out as a normal relationship, but after a month, he started abusing me. At first, it was every so often, and I thought maybe this is just a phase. But after a while, it became more frequent. He'd hit me, punch me, giving me bruises on my body. He'd make me do things I didn't want to do, we'd always do things he liked and nothing I enjoyed, and he would pin me up against the wall. Every time he'd leave to go home, I would go to my room and cry myself to sleep. I was so scared and ashamed to talk to anyone about this, and I would always tell myself that this will get better. After almost a year of this, I finally had enough. I went up to my sister one day and broke down in front of her. I told her everything. Telling her everything lifted the biggest weight off my shoulders. She told me not to feel ashamed, and to end it with him immediately before it gets worse. So the next day at school, I went up to him and shoved him against the lockers and told him that it was over. I wasn't gonna be his victim anymore, and that I would have a restraining order put on him if he ever stalked me or came near me. He was so embarrassed cause his friends were with him, but he totally backed off and left me alone. It was the best feeling of my life.

The purpose of me telling you guys this is NOT for your sympathy. I don't want your pity. Don't feel bad for me. The goal is to get this through to anyone going through the same thing I did. You're not alone. What I went through was hell. I blame myself for being naive and thinking it would get better. It never gets better. If there's anyone being abused, please don't imprison yourself and continue to give in to your partner. It's not worth the suffering. Talk to a loved one and free yourself from this!! I hope this helps someone who is reading this. Love you guys
RideOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 11:18 PM   #2
BlackParadePixie
VT Lover

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona
Default Re: My Story

Thank you for sharing
I'm glad you were able to realize what was going on was wrong and you asked for help and understanding

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:03 AM   #3
zzzzzzzzzz
Banned

zzzzzzzzzz's Forum Picture

Thanks for sharing. It shows how strong you are and I hope it helps anyone else in that position that they better and can get out of it.
zzzzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:06 AM   #4
RideOrDie
Banned

Name: Desirae (Des)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
Thank you for sharing
I'm glad you were able to realize what was going on was wrong and you asked for help and understanding
Thank you! And Happy Birthday again! Hope you had a great day!
RideOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote