Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 6th, 2017, 04:17 PM   #1
sugarot

sugarot's Forum Picture

Name: Vic
Default Started medication, any advice?

I've recently started taking Zoloft (50mg) for depression and anxiety and I was wondering if there's anything I should look out for (food or drink). I know alcohol is a definite no but I'm wondering about caffeine, is it bad? And I've heard that grapefruit is bad too? Does anyone know why or if that's true? And if you are or have taken the same medicine as me, what should I avoid for sure? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
sugarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:29 PM   #2
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew
Default Re: Started medication, any advice?

I used to take Zoloft a couple months ago, it was for my GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). It didnt seem to help, so i just stopped taking it (Which you should never do...Consult your doctor). As far as possible interactions go: Alcohol, stay away. Grapefruit has the possibility of amplifying the effects of the meds, which wouldn't be good. I've never heard anything about caffeine though. I would tell your doctor about any other meds you're taking. The only side-effect that I noticed was increased sweating which was annoying and disgusting. Here's a link to all the other possible side-effects. http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/mo...-ad&monopage=4

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; March 6th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #3
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya

I know grapefruit is definately something to avoid, other than that just be self aware of any changes in the next few weeks, whether that be mental or physical

~Dying Ember
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 07:00 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

All good advise.

Keep in mind a side effect doesn't mean if effects everyone, only a population of the sample population.

Meds from the pharmacy all come with important stuff you should read. Especially if it's an important med for your life. Like yours is.

Also taking to your dr is a good source as well as on line, but be careful with that. Some can lead to many untruths

Good luck
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote