Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM   #1
Blank_
Member++

Default Alcohol

Often times I see and hear people on television, in the movies, or even at school say that they cannot wait until they are 21 so that they can drink. On the other hand, I really hate alcohol, so much so that I do not even want to drink the wine at church (if you're religious like that). When I turn 21 I do not intend to start drinking, as I have heard and seen first hand all the bad stuff it can do. Is anybody else like this?
Blank_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 04:53 PM   #2
eric2001
Nice Poster

eric2001's Forum Picture

Name: Eric
Default Re: Alcohol

I've tasted beer a few times. How can anything that tastes bad like that be liked by so many millions and millions of people?

PHAT ANIMAL KINGDOM
eric2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:38 PM   #3
Jinglebottom
VT Lover

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2001 View Post
I've tasted beer a few times. How can anything that tastes bad like that be liked by so many millions and millions of people?
I've been told it's an "acquired" taste but no thanks, I don't enjoy it, and I doubt time will make a difference.
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:03 PM   #4
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Then there's us Belgians who can drink at 16 lmao
@Romulus_ it can do bad stuff, if used in excessive amounts. That's the case with a lot of things, not just alcohol. Now I'm not justifying excessive drinking in any way however when not over used it isn't as bad. However everyone should be respected when they decide not to drink and nobody should ever force you to

In all of us lie secrets
hidden inside hollow hearts,
Heaven was built by heathens
there is no place for us
never was
Leprous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2017, 07:20 PM   #5
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

I think the whole "can't wait until 21 to drink" has more to do with being able to do it legally, and not can in trouble...than just wanting to drink. I would say most people who have that attitude...already drink, they just want to be able to do it without fear of the law, or the wrath of a parent/guardian.

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:26 PM   #6
Pyromaniac27
Member+

Pyromaniac27's Forum Picture

Name: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
I think the whole "can't wait until 21 to drink" has more to do with being able to do it legally, and not can in trouble...than just wanting to drink. I would say most people who have that attitude...already drink, they just want to be able to do it without fear of the law, or the wrath of a parent/guardian.
i agree with her

"Fire, by that definition, is vibrantly alive. It eats everything from wood to flesh, excreting the waste as ash, and it breathes air just like a human, taking in oxygen and emitting carbon. Fire grows, and as it spreads, it creates new fires that spread out and make new fires of their own."
Pyromaniac27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:53 AM   #7
EvaNL
Member++

EvaNL's Forum Picture

Name: Eva

I really couldn't care less if people don't (or do, for that matter) drink alcohol.
But if you do, please don't get drunk. Drunk people are annoying as hell and they don't even know it. Ugh..

Also, don't drink when you're going to drive. I'm fine with someone who drank to slam themselves into a wall. I'm NOT fine with someone who drank slamming into innocent bystanders. And no, you DON'T drive as well as when you didn't drink alcohol. You only THINK you do. There's a life and death difference. Literally.

Rant's over. Sorry

I'm les, feel free to contact me
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2017, 07:53 AM   #8
Bull
Banned

Name: Bill also known as Will

I drink. In my family wine is the beverage for dinner. My brother and I were brought up in a house with a well stocked and unlocked bar. We had our first drink with our parents. We were taught to drink in moderation and responsibly. I know my limits and I have never been drunk. I like the taste of wine, beer, and liquor, However, there are pleasurable and bitter tastes, and I choose the pleasurable. I like beer with pizza, I like a good red wine with my steak. And I enjoy sipping a Jack with my dad. I know that what I am doing is breaking the law. But I am doing it in private. I too will be glad when I can go into any restaurant and order wine with dinner or beer with pizza legally.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 10:45 PM   #9
Beauregard

Beauregard's Forum Picture

Quote:
I think you are right here. I mean everyone I know- guys and girls- have tasted alcohol.

But well as the OP said if you don't feel like drinking just don't do it there are many abstinent adults so no big deal here either way.
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #10
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Most people I know in the UK have drunk alcohol since 15 onwards quite often, some even 13 (me kek). We just have different cultures.
Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:23 AM   #11
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew

I absolutely hate the taste of wine, and most beer, but I do enjoy the effects of alcohol. I really haven't drank all that much, but shots of Whiskey are completely bearable, just burns a bit. I don't intend to start drinking any more or less when I become 21. I may end up drinking more, simply because it would be an open possibility then, but I wouldn't want it to start taking up too much of my life, time, or money.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; March 20th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 06:39 AM   #12
camille78
Banned

Name: Camille

I love red wine. I'm not addicted to alcohol but I drink during parties.
camille78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:05 PM   #13
Professional Russian
VTs official redneck

Professional Russian's Forum Picture

Name: Bert

different booze affects people differentltly. like if i drink jack straight, coors light, keystone, keystone ice, crown royal, or best damn rootbeer im the happiest person around but twisted tea makes me super emotional and so do other types of drinks like that. it all depends on what type of booze it is, how your body handles it, and what mood your in when youre drinking. in moderstion its not vad but excessively it costs to much and ruins relationships. me and alot of my friends can testify to that being in the position before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoa View Post
What a fuckin miracle.
Professional Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:11 AM   #14
feli 99

Name: Felina

We in Germany can drink with 14 with Parents and with 16 alone and so much we want
feli 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 03:57 AM   #15
geanyna

geanyna's Forum Picture

Name: Geanyna

we dont have a legal drinking age here, you just need to be 18 to buy alcohol. but noone really cares.

#geanyna #17 #bi #donewithschool #beach #party #fun
geanyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #16
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
hit the nail right on the head . I don't have any interest in drinking because I lost a close friend in a drunk driving accident (they were not the ones drinking but still). if anyone is really that excited to be 21 just so they can drunk, 95/100 times they have already started drinking (there may be those who have actually waited though till the legal age).

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 05:27 PM   #17
Michael75
Member+

Name: Michael

Nah man I'm Irish Ive been on the pish since I was 14. It's wild easy to get served here too because it's just the way things are. Honestly couldn't live without the stuff.
Michael75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 02:39 AM   #18
Bailey56

Name: Bailey

You'll probably experiment with it at that age even if you don't think you will now. It basically becomes the thing to do once you're older

gay/m/pm?
Bailey56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #19
isko

I had anal sex with an old friend of mine after we got really fucking drunk on beer and my dads whisky when we were home alone, I really enjoyed the rush and the confidence that the alcohol gave me, Im not saying dont drink, Im just saying be sensible about it
isko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #20
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Living an alcohol-free life is a very smart, healthy choice. I'm not an avid drinker, but I'm a sucker for Heineken beer.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote