Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 13th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #1
Corybrzo

Name: Cory
Default Too anxious to get anxiety help

I have been a very anxious person for years now (I'm 18) and am very confident I have an anxiety disorder (I did have OCD when I was younger). I can't really function in society and am very fearful of my future because I am too nervous to do simple things such as go to the store or talk to people. I know that I need help and I want help, but the problem is I'm waay to anxious to get help for my anxiety. I have heard numerous people say that I should get help for my anxiety buy that is exactly what is stopping me from getting help. Does anyone have any advice for how I can combat my anxiety?
Corybrzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #2
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Too anxious to get anxiety help

What are you so anxious about asking for some help for?
Is there something in particular you've been told or believe will happen that's xausing this anxiety?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:25 PM   #3
Corybrzo

Name: Cory

No, not really I just have a pretty big anxiety of talking to people close to me about my feelings/problems (not really with people not in my family though). And, I just have this strong anxiety towards asking someone for help, lie the thought of asking someone i know scares me. And, if i did ask someone, going to talk to a doctor/make appointments wold terrify me (im 18 so would have to make my own).
Corybrzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:52 AM   #4
EvaNL

EvaNL's Forum Picture

Name: Eva

Maybe you could talk to family/friends about your fear of looking for/going to a professional? When you have talked to them about that, you could also ask them to help you look for a doctor and make an appointment.
If they agree to do that, you could take it even one step further and ask them to go along with you. Maybe just the first time, and they could wait in the waiting room when you're with the doctor too. Or, if you both agree to it, they could come in with you. That's up to you.

Also: what bad things do you think will happen? Write them down. Then, when you're in a "stable" situation/mood, look at them and ask yourself: "Are my fears real? Have these bad things that I've written down happened to me in reality before?".

In general: it helps to talk about it. But you probably know that yourself already

Don't feel bad about getting help. Don't judge yourself. You said yourself that you need and want help. That's a very good first step.
Good luck and keep faith in yourself and others! The world is not as scary as it seems.

I'm les, feel free to contact me
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:03 PM   #5
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

I'd recommend telling someone close to you or trustworthy like a family member to set up an appointment for you. That way, you wouldn't even have to talk to the doctor until you actually get into the appointment.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote