Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 8th, 2017, 04:20 AM   #1
jainfelix90
Banned

Name: Eve
Default Depressed - need advice!

Hey!! My sister is under depression because of stains on her teeth. She is a chain smoker and is trying hard to control it. She is planning to undergo teeth whitening from a clinic in Oshawa. But I think she should first quit her smoking habit completely and then undergo the whitening procedure. What are your thoughts? She has started to show the withdrawal symptoms and my mom is planning to take her to a psychiatrist in our locality to treat her depression. She is 15 years old and I would like to know if taking her to a psychiatrist will ruin her future. Any thoughts are appreciated!!
jainfelix90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:47 PM   #2
idefineme
Junior Member+

Name: mendy
Default Re: Depressed - need advice!

Depression is a scary and dangerous thing, so im going to offer another perspective. Smoking is a coping skill, admittedly not the best but it can be very dangerous to stop it without a reliable backup. Depression can manifest itself in a variety of ways, so the the best thing for you to do is to believe in your sibling, and be forever supportive. Synopsis: forcing, or even persistently nudging Rio cancel a faithful coping skill is dangerous, and be there for them even when it's hard for you.

Introspective thoughtful and fragile. Love you.
idefineme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:31 AM   #3
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@jainfelix90,

Vaping might be an alternative to look into. My dad started vaping as an alternative to smoking and after a month or two he pretty much quit smoking. I know in a lot of ways its just as bad for you but I don't think it causes any teeth problems. It's worth looking into anyways. I'd do the research first.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 05:45 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I would definitely think quitting smoking would help her teeth to stay whiter and also make her health better also. I think vaping is not a good thing either. The more I read about it the scarier it becomes the bad effects it can have.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote